• Sep 2nd, 2020 4:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2293 posts
2394 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

[Costco] Nespresso Expert coffee machine $199

Update*** I am returning mine, the capsules are not puncturing properly, so more water is going by instead of the espresso.. also the tray get A LOT of liquid (probably because of this issue) so yep guess got a defect one. Will try this Essenza mini that they have on sale for $159 with frother on costco

https://www.costco.ca/nespresso-expert- ... 82447.html

Model:

Nespresso Expert Coffee Machine by De’Longhi with Aeroccino, Grey

It uses the Original Line capsules, so you can get the compatible pods for cheap.

$199.99 for this machine is very good, it's usually $379.99

( Comes with 14 assorted pods in the box, but I think that goes for any machine)

*** Doesn't have an expiry date, just while supplies last ***

Also it says Grey color, but some reviews mention it looks closer to a brown color.
Last edited by junglemage666 on Aug 15th, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
46 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10037 posts
6088 upvotes
I thought about getting one...but then not sure how long the app will be supported for.

Seriously, not everything should have an app.
Jan 31, 2007
433 posts
235 upvotes
Interesting. I bought the nespresso latissma one for $229 as a hot buy a few days ago from Costco.ca. Looks like they’re clearing some of these out. These will likely provide you more control since you have a separate milk frother but at a cost of space and convenience.

In any case, these will likely sell out fast.

Does anyone have a lead on a good sample offer for the original line pods?
Jan 31, 2007
433 posts
235 upvotes
chatbox wrote: I thought about getting one...but then not sure how long the app will be supported for.

+1. Just saw the app part. No thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2293 posts
2394 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
chatbox wrote: I thought about getting one...but then not sure how long the app will be supported for.

It's not really for the app itself, can just use it normally, it makes great coffee. Think of the app feature as a bonus
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2293 posts
2394 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Temujin1 wrote: +1. Just saw the app part. No thanks
You don't need to use the app to make it work.. it's a bonus. Pretend it doesn't exist, but when you want it, it's there. Refer to the YouTube video in the post.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1253 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Vertuo (new) machines...I only use them for weekends/occasional espressos. Now that the wife and I work from home daily, it's much more economical to do drip.

However, this machine looks VERY sleek and I would like to have it just so I can have this in my kitchen....or maybe in my study :O
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10037 posts
6088 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: It's not really for the app itself, can just use it normally, it makes great coffee. Think of the app feature as a bonus
How do I set the timer without the app?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2293 posts
2394 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
chatbox wrote: How do I set the timer without the app?
You don't, you use it like any other machine, the benefits of this versus other ones that are non programmable.. is it has a bigger tank for water, has a frother, and the coffee tastest great and you can fit bigger cups, just remove that stand under the spout.
Mar 5, 2016
729 posts
498 upvotes
I have a perfectly fine Nespresso machine but this looks way too good to pass up.

Wallet is safe for now, I just bought a set of winter tires so I shouldn't be spending frivolously.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10037 posts
6088 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: You don't, you use it like any other machine, the benefits of this versus other ones that are non programmable.. is it has a bigger tank for water, has a frother, and the coffee tastest great and you can fit bigger cups, just remove that stand under the spout.
Not for me then...moving along.

(Still on a Lattissima Plus and got an Aeroccino afterward)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1411 posts
508 upvotes
Temujin1 wrote: +1. Just saw the app part. No thanks
What?? There's an app for it?! I thought Nespresso should be super easy to make. Pop in a pod, press a button and you're done
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1257 posts
410 upvotes
Montreal,QC
thanks OP

seems lots of problems here and there.
can't justify taking a risk even though it's sleek.

companies tries to implement software in everything. I think KISS principle should apply on lots of things such as a coffee machine

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)