Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Nespresso Expert coffee machine $199

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 4:46 pm
Mar 29, 2019
11 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks OP. Was eyeing this for a while. I really like the option for american/hot water.

Since it's Costco, I can easily take the risk.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2247 posts
2358 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
irodeo wrote: thanks OP

seems lots of problems here and there.
can't justify taking a risk even though it's sleek.

companies tries to implement software in everything. I think KISS principle should apply on lots of things such as a coffee machine
They all have issues of some sort. At least this is from Costco, can return it if you don't end up liking it. One of the issues people had was that it only comes with 1 frother piece, oh no! Lol
Dec 13, 2011
72 posts
74 upvotes
Montréal
Biggest issue with this machine is that the pod container can be a pain to take out. I never insert it back fully so that I can get a grip on it to remove it. Otherwise, this is one of very few machines that has a dual spout for water to crate americanos or tea.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1230 posts
394 upvotes
Montreal,QC
mrdinb wrote: Biggest issue with this machine is that the pod container can be a pain to take out. I never insert it back fully so that I can get a grip on it to remove it. Otherwise, this is one of very few machines that has a dual spout for water to crate americanos or tea.
how's yours doing? would you recommend it?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1230 posts
394 upvotes
Montreal,QC
junglemage666 wrote: They all have issues of some sort. At least this is from Costco, can return it if you don't end up liking it. One of the issues people had was that it only comes with 1 frother piece, oh no! Lol
I own a maestria for about 4 years now and while i had to send it back because of the frother, it's very easy to use. I have 2 knobs to control how much water I want for espresso and lungo and I have a milk frother.

I purchased an aeroccino lately and the newer model comes with 1 frother piece. I remember it used to be 2 pieces, it's a pain in the ass to remove the wire on the frother whisk. I guess people were losing one of them even tho there's a place for it.

I love how the Expert looks, works, just not sure it's gonna be working in the long term. my maestria is 4 years old. an older machine I have to my brother (10 years old) still works. it still works because it's super simple. turn on, capsule in, brew. turn off.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1184 posts
212 upvotes
I thought they were phasing out original line machines.
For ex. canadian tire only had cheap plastic one as far as i remember. Fancy ones were all vertuos.
This one looks great, but i have no re to afford it.
Nov 12, 2011
52 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
darkesha wrote: I thought they were phasing out original line machines.
For ex. canadian tire only had cheap plastic one as far as i remember. Fancy ones were all vertuos.
I hope not - Vertuo was made for North America where people like bigger cup sizes. They don’t make espresso, just coffee. It’s seems to be a different market.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19791 posts
674 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I'm new to this. Where are you guys buying your pods and how much?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9824 posts
5856 upvotes
darkesha wrote: I thought they were phasing out original line machines.
The original line is still pretty solid...it's here to stay (what would the rest of the world do without the original line?). Canadian tire only ever had cheap ones to begin with.

Scroll to the bottom:
https://www.nespresso.com/ca/en/order/machines/original
Aug 12, 2011
400 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
I wish they'd make this a little more smart. If they have an app, would be so cool to make one that is Alexa or Google home compatible. I can tell them to make my morning coffee by voice! That would be amazing. Also would be nicer if they kept the same design as the EU version here, where the milk frother base is attached to the main unit, that way I only need to deal with 1 power cord and 1 plug instead of 2 separate appliances on the counter for the NA version
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1703 posts
1155 upvotes
ahammad wrote: I have a perfectly fine Nespresso machine but this looks way too good to pass up.

Wallet is safe for now, I just bought a set of winter tires so I shouldn't be spending frivolously.
So you closed your RFD profile? Winking Face
Mar 5, 2016
626 posts
391 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote: So you closed your RFD profile? Winking Face
Hahahha I wish, I need my RFD drug
Mar 5, 2016
626 posts
391 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: I'm new to this. Where are you guys buying your pods and how much?
There are a few aftermarket pods made by PC, and some random brands I find at Homesense/Winners. Starbucks also just released their line of Original pods, but they are priced about the same as Nespresso pods.

Personally, I tried the aftermarket ones with the exception of Starbucks, and I find that the Nespresso ones are worth the premium.
Nov 1, 2019
123 posts
128 upvotes
ahammad wrote: I have a perfectly fine Nespresso machine but this looks way too good to pass up.

Wallet is safe for now, I just bought a set of winter tires so I shouldn't be spending frivolously.
TSC is doing a promotion right now on Vertuo and Inissia at $99 (with frother at $169).

Vertuo for $99 seems like a better offer :

https://www.tsc.ca/pages/productresults ... 69454&rd=1