Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Nespresso Expert coffee machine $199

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 4:46 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
Sgt_Strider wrote: I'm new to this. Where are you guys buying your pods and how much?
Superstore and No Frills in South Edmonton seems to be clearing out their PC branded pods for $2.48. They even use the same colour scheme as Nespresso but the pods are made from plastic with an aluminium cap. They're ok... somewhat comparable but hard to beat for the clearance price but not regular price.

There's a $2 rebate on CO51 for Lavazza branded capsules. Their capsules have a plastic body with an aluminium cap and bottom. Again, at $5.48, they're ok but overrated at $7.48 regular price.

Don't buy the Agga branded capsules. The plastic used is really tough and hard on the piercing mechanism. And the coffee is bad.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4625 posts
1342 upvotes
Aeroccino is annoying to wash.

I prefer my $5 frother from CT. Easy enough to clean and maintain that we use the cheap frother every day.
Jan 31, 2007
512 posts
341 upvotes
General consensus is that nespresso knockoff pods aren’t worth it (as per reddit nespresso forum).

I bit the bullet and ordered $100 worth from nespresso website. Likely won’t regret it. Well except that they use Canada post.
Jan 31, 2007
512 posts
341 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: Is it possible to re use that pod that got rejected and just make a little bit more? Or does it not allow that, I know Tassimo you can reuse the same pod to add some more if needed
I just reused a pod on the latissima one machine. No issues
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Just FYI, bed bath and beyond sells Caffesso brand capsules

I tried the Caffesso chocolate espresso capsules, tastes very good. Costs 70 cents a capsule but worth it. You could get cheaper on Amazon as low as 35 cents a capsule from other brands, but not sure if they are good or not. Loving this machine so far, sucks people aren't buying because you have the extra ability to use an app with it if you choose to.
Feb 28, 2015
167 posts
139 upvotes
Corman Park, SK
Not sure what this is like. They got these in recently and I seen it in their store. London Drugs has a new Frigidaire 19 bar pressure coffee maker. You can use Nespresso pods, Dolce Gusto pods (they sell compatible ones) or regular ground coffee. I'm guessing it would be the Original line Nespresso. Looks like it does 2 cup sizes, and comes in black or white. Has a 1 year exchange warranty, and for another 20.00 that would give you 3 year warranty. It's 129.00 but maybe it will go on sale sometime. Being able to use regular ground coffee as well as Nespresso pods is a good feature.

https://www.londondrugs.com/frigidaire- ... lack&cgid=#
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
hachi8 wrote: So how does this machine use original pods to make larger cups of coffee?
You press lungo twice and you make sure there is enough of water.
At least that's what I do. I find espresso (especially short) without milk is a bit strong of a drink for me.