Expired Hot Deals

Costco

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX4300 $99.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2022 12:31 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Jan 18, 2017
367 posts
337 upvotes

[Costco] NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX4300 $99.97

Been looking at this the last couple of days and noticed this morning it dropped from 149.97 to 99.97..great deal

Some funny business though on the app, when you browsing show $99.97, if you go into item goes to 149.97, but at checkout it's 99.97...final price in ON is 112.97
Images
  • Screenshot_20220927-082210_Email.jpg
121 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 13, 2005
7289 posts
1657 upvotes
can this be hooked up to another nighthawk and set up a mesh network ?
Member
Feb 16, 2017
290 posts
353 upvotes
New Brunswick
mic2074 wrote: can this be hooked up to another nighthawk and set up a mesh network ?
I doubt it. There is no mention on their website about it being able to act as a mesh base station.
Sr. Member
Jul 15, 2003
893 posts
1215 upvotes
mic2074 wrote: can this be hooked up to another nighthawk and set up a mesh network ?
Unlike Asus, Netgear doesn't allow mesh for their "normal" routers. They have Orbi line exclusive for mesh.
Member
Nov 6, 2013
361 posts
247 upvotes
will it provide better wifi coverage than Netgear Nighthawk AC2100 (r7200)?
Member
User avatar
Mar 11, 2005
217 posts
29 upvotes
Was about to order but saw "25 maximum wifi connections" in the specs. If that's the case, half the "spots" on the router would be taken up by smart devices, never mind PCs and phones.

What happens to the 26th thing that tries to connect to the router?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1162 posts
1695 upvotes
Hamilton
iencoder wrote: Was about to order but saw "25 maximum wifi connections" in the specs. If that's the case, half the "spots" on the router would be taken up by smart devices, never mind PCs and phones.

What happens to the 26th thing that tries to connect to the router?
It says "suitable for up to 25 devices". You're reading too much into it, it's just a marketing line to differentiate their products. The more expensive routers would say "suitable for 50 connections" etc. a Routers typically allow around 250 local connections because that's the limit of their network addressing.

What I think they're trying to communicate is that the device could support up to 25 devices actively using it without impacting the quality for everyone else, but having dozens of inactive smart devices connected to it really shouldn't be a problem at all.
Last edited by ownthesky on Sep 27th, 2022 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
12175 posts
6019 upvotes
Not a bad deal at all if you need something. I have a few different nighthawk routers they have been good. A few hickups but nothing crazy.
To the 25 max connections on wifi will it actually not allow more then this? As we have something like 38 smart devices connected alone lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 23, 2005
2572 posts
3458 upvotes
Toronto
iencoder wrote: Was about to order but saw "25 maximum wifi connections" in the specs. If that's the case, half the "spots" on the router would be taken up by smart devices, never mind PCs and phones.

What happens to the 26th thing that tries to connect to the router?
it should be 25 devices concurrently talking. other devices will still be connected.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2003
2761 posts
1315 upvotes
Toronto
iencoder wrote: Was about to order but saw "25 maximum wifi connections" in the specs. If that's the case, half the "spots" on the router would be taken up by smart devices, never mind PCs and phones.

What happens to the 26th thing that tries to connect to the router?
I can't say for sure about what would happen after 25 devices are connected but I was having a lot of problems with my white Rogers modem/router. After about 30 devices were connected it would randomly disconnect devices. Those randomly disconnected devices wouldn't be able to reconnect (no internet for those devices; I don't remember if they still had an ip address assigned). It could be laptops, phones, tablets, or Google Nests. It was random.

I bought a D-Link router (I forget which one off the top of my head) and bingo. Everything connects just fine now.

Everybody kept saying that the white Rogers modem/router should easily handle like 250 devices. That doesn't seem to be the case.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Newbie
Jun 17, 2016
7 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
In store (terrebonne)
Images
  • 20220927_090907.jpg
Newbie
Sep 23, 2017
89 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure if this is worth upgrading from my Asus RT-AC68U, do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!


Asus RT-AC68U
Newbie
Jul 27, 2011
66 posts
52 upvotes
OTTAWA SOUTH
mic2074 wrote: can this be hooked up to another nighthawk and set up a mesh network ?
You probably can, you just need to set the AX4300 to AP mode and exactly mirror the SSID, WPA type, password, etc of the main router. It really isn't designed to be a mesh system but likely would work fine.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3356 posts
402 upvotes
Mississauga
TheRFD wrote: I'm not sure if this is worth upgrading from my Asus RT-AC68U, do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!


Asus RT-AC68U
same Q. I'm running a mesh network with an AC68U and AC1900P. its 'okay'. i run into issues that moving from one network area to another.

but the netgears don't support mesh networks at all, so the range on this needs to be really good in order to make the switch.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7558 posts
8138 upvotes
Vancouver
Great price, and I personally like Netgear routers based on my experience - but note that this is a special model for Costco that has a few features disabled to set a lower price point (like no 1024 QAM mode for highest speeds with a strong signal), and its overall performance in the SmallNetBuilder charts for this class is mediocre (https://www.smallnetbuilder.com//tools/ ... outer/view). Kudos for 4 x gigabit ethernet ports though - a lot of router models are cutting back to save $.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1162 posts
1695 upvotes
Hamilton
TheRFD wrote: I'm not sure if this is worth upgrading from my Asus RT-AC68U, do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!


Asus RT-AC68U
If you're pretty happy with Wifi 5 performance, I really wouldn't bother as Wifi 7 devices are set to launch next year. Plus, Industry Canada will open up the 5.9 GHz channels next year and I'd rather wait for a router that supports it if you're pretty happy with your current setup. The speed upgrades from Wifi 6 won't even be noticeable if you aren't on a fibre connection and I'm skeptical that this router would have dramatically better signal.
Newbie
Aug 21, 2014
22 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
ds2chan wrote: I can't say for sure about what would happen after 25 devices are connected but I was having a lot of problems with my white Rogers modem/router. After about 30 devices were connected it would randomly disconnect devices. Those randomly disconnected devices wouldn't be able to reconnect (no internet for those devices; I don't remember if they still had an ip address assigned). It could be laptops, phones, tablets, or Google Nests. It was random.

I bought a D-Link router (I forget which one off the top of my head) and bingo. Everything connects just fine now.

Everybody kept saying that the white Rogers modem/router should easily handle like 250 devices. That doesn't seem to be the case.
I also had a very similar experience with this router. I ended up returning it.
Newbie
Sep 23, 2017
89 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
ownthesky wrote: If you're pretty happy with Wifi 5 performance, I really wouldn't bother as Wifi 7 devices are set to launch next year. Plus, Industry Canada will open up the 5.9 GHz channels next year and I'd rather wait for a router that supports it if you're pretty happy with your current setup. The speed upgrades from Wifi 6 won't even be noticeable if you aren't on a fibre connection and I'm skeptical that this router would have dramatically better signal.
Thanks for the reply!
I just upgraded to Fibe 1.5 Gbps.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
20051 posts
5757 upvotes
Scarberia
is the sale over? im seeing 149
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
20051 posts
5757 upvotes
Scarberia
is the sale over? im seeing 149
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)