Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX4300 $99.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2022 9:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1183 posts
1757 upvotes
Hamilton
TheRFD wrote: Thanks for the reply!
I just upgraded to Fibe 1.5 Gbps.
That’s awesome, I’m stuck with Cogeco’s slower hybrid coaxial/fibre network. Are you running your current router as an access point in addition to Bell’s wifi? How are you finding the Homehub 4000’s wifi performance? It sounds like it’s a bit of a nightmare to disable the router functions and the wifi turns back on any time there’s a power outage.
Last edited by ownthesky on Sep 27th, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 2, 2017
122 posts
143 upvotes
Windsor, ON
mikka2017 wrote: is the sale over? im seeing 149
Once you add to the cart and check out, still reflects 99$.
Feb 28, 2014
971 posts
1153 upvotes
ownthesky wrote: If you're pretty happy with Wifi 5 performance, I really wouldn't bother as Wifi 7 devices are set to launch next year. Plus, Industry Canada will open up the 5.9 GHz channels next year and I'd rather wait for a router that supports it if you're pretty happy with your current setup. The speed upgrades from Wifi 6 won't even be noticeable if you aren't on a fibre connection and I'm skeptical that this router would have dramatically better signal.
You don't even need to wait until next year for 6 GHz operation, TP-Link is already selling WiFi 6E routers already: https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-AXE5400-T ... 0B6M2N6PJ/

Yes, it's pricier than standard WiFi 6, but 6 GHz is wide open so if you have a lot of congestion in your area and you can't cable, this may be your next best bet as long as your client devices are 6E capable.

I'd personally agree about waiting for WiFi 7, but I'd wait longer than next year, I personally would hold off until you get devices after the final WiFi specs are released, buying draft routers are often way more expensive and if WiFi AC taught us, it comes in 2 waves, I'd recommend waiting for Wave 2 if possible. For WiFi 6, 6E was the Wave 2.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1414 posts
805 upvotes
deltatux wrote: You don't even need to wait until next year for 6 GHz operation, TP-Link is already selling WiFi 6E routers already: https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-AXE5400-T ... 0B6M2N6PJ/

Yes, it's pricier than standard WiFi 6, but 6 GHz is wide open so if you have a lot of congestion in your area and you can't cable, this may be your next best bet as long as your client devices are 6E capable.

I'd personally agree about waiting for WiFi 7, but I'd wait longer than next year, I personally would hold off until you get devices after the final WiFi specs are released, buying draft routers are often way more expensive and if WiFi AC taught us, it comes in 2 waves, I'd recommend waiting for Wave 2 if possible. For WiFi 6, 6E was the Wave 2.
There's always a new generation of Wifi coming out so I've been waiting for next-gen and holding off on buying a new router for awhile now... Do you think Wifi 7 will work with my Wifi 4 adapter?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1183 posts
1757 upvotes
Hamilton
deltatux wrote: You don't even need to wait until next year for 6 GHz operation, TP-Link is already selling WiFi 6E routers already: https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-AXE5400-T ... 0B6M2N6PJ/

I pickup up an AXE75 when I was in Calfornia and sold it a few weeks ago, really wasn't that impressed. I don't think anyone should bother with 6 GHz until most client devices have the chips to support it. Wifi 6E has a grossly inflated price and current devices have too many compromises. I think it'll be an excellent access point option, but given that it requires almost direct line of sight, most people are far better served by a good 5 GHz router at the present time. Imagine a place like an airport terminal or a conference hall where a half dozen people can run 160 MHz Wifi 6E channels at once at ~ 1 Gbps? That's where 6GHz will really shine.

Agreed on holding off for Wifi 7- the first client devices with Wifi 7 will be out next year, but I don't think there's any router vendors that have plans for hardware as of yet.
Last edited by ownthesky on Sep 27th, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6265 posts
2548 upvotes
I currently run two Asus RT-AC86U units, the main unit in a basement closet (unfortunately this is the only suitable location for the modem) and the other on the 2nd floor. I run into issues where some network devices don't work great, i.e. trying to print to a wireless printer, and in general I'd like to cut back on the clutter in my home. Would upgrade to a single Wifi6 unit like this offer greater range, or is my 'Mesh' still the top option out there?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1183 posts
1757 upvotes
Hamilton
ditachan wrote: There's always a new generation of Wifi coming out so I've been waiting for next-gen and holding off on buying a new router for awhile now... Do you think Wifi 7 will work with my Wifi 4 adapter?
Wifi has been backwards compatible in the past, so while the specs for Wifi 7 haven't been finalized, so I can't say for certain, it's very likely to be compatible. With that said, the price for Wifi 6 adapters are already dirt cheap, so it's not like you won't have options. Heck, there's Wifi 6E + Bluetooth adapters for $42 on Amazon.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1039 posts
1898 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP!

Bought this router just over 30 days ago for $149, no price match for me!
- Everyone has their thing, we're all here to save money while doing it…
Sep 8, 2021
21 posts
4 upvotes
Is it better than the Huawei AX3? It's the same price
Feb 28, 2014
971 posts
1153 upvotes
ditachan wrote: There's always a new generation of Wifi coming out so I've been waiting for next-gen and holding off on buying a new router for awhile now... Do you think Wifi 7 will work with my Wifi 4 adapter?
WiFi has been traditionally backwards compatible, so I would be surprised if your WiFi 4 adapter won't work with WiFi 7, but honestly, unless it's a small IoT device, it's time to upgrade that WiFi 4 adapter to WiFi 7 if you're upgrading to WiFi 7.
ownthesky wrote:
I pickup up an AXE75 when I was in Calfornia and sold it a few weeks ago, really wasn't that impressed. I don't think anyone should bother with 6 GHz until most client devices have the chips to support it. Wifi 6E has a grossly inflated price and current devices have too many compromises. I think it'll be an excellent access point option, but given that it requires almost direct line of sight, most people are far better served by a good 5 GHz router at the present time. Imagine a place like an airport terminal or a conference hall where a half dozen people can run 160 MHz Wifi 6E channels at once at ~ 1 Gbps? That's where 6GHz will really shine.

Agreed on holding off for Wifi 7- the first client devices with Wifi 7 will be out next year, but I don't think there's any router vendors that have plans for hardware as of yet.
Ya I'm not too surprised, TP-Link's WiFi 6 family seems to be meh at best this generation.

I'm saying this as someone who has upgraded to WiFi 6, I think for most people if their WiFi 5 setup is fine, I'd recommend skipping WiFi 6. It's mainly an efficiency and capacity upgrade, not really a speed upgrade. WiFi 7's MLO feature would be a much bigger upgrade. I only went WiFi 6 because my WiFi 5 router was starting to die but it hasn't been a huge upgrade in terms of speed and what not. Only noticeable difference is that 2.4 GHz is actually useable again with WiFi 6.
Last edited by deltatux on Sep 27th, 2022 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 22, 2021
177 posts
329 upvotes
If a get a replacement router for my black Telus modem/router. Would I just be able to un-plug all the cables and re-plug them into the new router and be good to go? Or does this require any other steps to get it going ?
Aug 17, 2021
134 posts
110 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: I currently run two Asus RT-AC86U units, the main unit in a basement closet (unfortunately this is the only suitable location for the modem) and the other on the 2nd floor. I run into issues where some network devices don't work great, i.e. trying to print to a wireless printer, and in general I'd like to cut back on the clutter in my home. Would upgrade to a single Wifi6 unit like this offer greater range, or is my 'Mesh' still the top option out there?
I am using two AC68U as well. One is in the first floor connecting to the Shaw modem through the ethernet. The other one is in the 2nd floor as a wireless mesh. Am using 750mb Shaw internet. In the second floor, I can get 200-300mb download speed with Wifi. If just using single Shaw modem(the latest WIFI 6 version) as router, I can 300+mb in the 2nd floor. So in my case, WIFI 6 has better signal comparing with wireless mesh system.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1183 posts
1757 upvotes
Hamilton
Tech187 wrote: If a get a replacement router for my black Telus modem/router. Would I just be able to un-plug all the cables and re-plug them into the new router and be good to go? Or does this require any other steps to get it going ?
If you plug in a router into the Telus router, ideally you should get into the settings and set up the first router in "bridge mode" so that it simply passes the connection to the second router and lets the second router deal with local network addressing. Telus support can help you do this. If you don't have the option to do so, you can disable wifi on the first router and set up the second router as an access point, so that way the Telus router takes care of the local routing functions and the second router is basically just a Wifi AP.

If you simply plug it in and setup a new wifi name (SSID), it'll work fine for most things, but occasionally you'll run into a few glitches because of an issue called double NAT, basically when you nest a private network within another private network it can cause issues with communication.
Apr 5, 2010
501 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
Does it do any VPN out the box ? What’s the good router I can use to setup as a VPN server for a direct link?
Nov 25, 2021
5 posts
39 upvotes
See this for 89.97 in store right now. Is this a good buy?