• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2023 11:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
4218 posts
3464 upvotes
primordialSingularit…
gyu138 wrote: Damn boy, u thiccc
Yeah...nothing else to do =/. It's like my only hobby. And I like reading, so I just listen to audiobooks while I work out. I have no reason to leave the gym.

But yeah, I got some light DBs + heavy bands for deltoid work at home. I've always been insecure about those because I can't get those 3d cannon ball delts. But at my height, probably not a good idea to build those up. They surprisingly require very little weight. I had a high school buddy who did have those 3D delts, all he did was lateral raises with 10 pounders while watching TV everyday. I talked with a janitor at work, he would do dips/pullups in the park since he couldn't afford a gym. I felt bad, that I gave him my 45 pounder adjustables and my bench when I ditched the city.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17013 posts
12414 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a pack of these to try and they look disappointing compared to the 32 Cool ones of years past.

I wear the 32 ones in black as undershirts on a daily basis, working out etc. No smell after 100's of wash and dry cycles.

And they keep their shape.

These don't look like they will last nearly as well and i won't put them in the dryer.

Still good for the price though
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1098 posts
1493 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Swerny wrote: I bought a pack of these to try and they look disappointing compared to the 32 Cool ones of years past.
I'm hoping those come back in the summer
Oct 19, 2006
714 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
what i found is no matter what you wear, if you sweat, it will smell after a while. BUT any wicking clothing gets worst. the only way to get rid of that smell is to use Oxyclean.

or if you use deodorant, white will turn yellow

that's why i usually replace the t-shirts every year and use them for car cleaning or cleaning window in the summer.
Dec 8, 2011
9 posts
23 upvotes
Metro Vancouver, BC
This is my first post ever on redflagdeals, although I browse almost everyday for years. Just to say RFD is getting funnier every year, with threads like this that talks about the minute details of sweating with cotton vs poly, the danger of plastic/fabric softener, and that guy with his life story of overbuilding and working on his 3D deltoids, all just from a simple posting of a sale of gym shirts at costco. AMAZING. couldn't resist to finally post my first post.

I meant this is my first real comment post, I had 8 posts before for RFD contests, and selling stuffs.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2796 posts
429 upvotes
Ontario GTA
bb320 wrote: what i found is no matter what you wear, if you sweat, it will smell after a while. BUT any wicking clothing gets worst. the only way to get rid of that smell is to use Oxyclean.

or if you use deodorant, white will turn yellow

that's why i usually replace the t-shirts every year and use them for car cleaning or cleaning window in the summer.
the yellowing is not from deodorant but from using antiperspirant ,
switch to an actual deodorant and the yellowing will be gone.

also wash whites in hot water, not cold that should also help with any smells.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17013 posts
12414 upvotes
Toronto
theAgent wrote: This is my first post ever on redflagdeals, although I browse almost everyday for years. Just to say RFD is getting funnier every year, with threads like this that talks about the minute details of sweating with cotton vs poly, the danger of plastic/fabric softener, and that guy with his life story of overbuilding and working on his 3D deltoids, all just from a simple posting of a sale of gym shirts at costco. AMAZING. couldn't resist to finally post my first post.

I meant this is my first real comment post, I had 8 posts before for RFD contests, and selling stuffs.
welcome and well done!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36348 posts
9613 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
bb320 wrote: the only way to get rid of that smell is to use Oxyclean.
I wear dry fit (moisture wicking) clothes all time time when I work out and I get a good sweat

I use to get home, get a spoon of OxyClean and hot water to soak the clothes.

It works, but gets expensive.

What I found worked best is vinegar.

Use two tablespoons of plain vinegar and two litres of cold water. Soak your clothes in the vinegar for no more than a few hours, then wash

What causes the smell is bacteria feasting off your sweat and defecating. The vinegar will kill the bacteria
Oct 27, 2012
390 posts
365 upvotes
Shwa
theAgent wrote: This is my first post ever on redflagdeals, although I browse almost everyday for years. Just to say RFD is getting funnier every year, with threads like this that talks about the minute details of sweating with cotton vs poly, the danger of plastic/fabric softener, and that guy with his life story of overbuilding and working on his 3D deltoids, all just from a simple posting of a sale of gym shirts at costco. AMAZING. couldn't resist to finally post my first post.

RFD is basically reddit for cheapskates
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36348 posts
9613 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: it is definitively not. i dont wear it at the gym, but i do wear it when im playing badminton, and while they are [...] at wiping sweat off of my face, they are great at evaporating the sweat off of me.
I wear them to play badminton too and after a few hours, the shirt is soaking wet.

The shirt doesn't smell, but if I put it through the wash and then the dryer, it will stink.

The only way for me to get rid of the odour is to soak it in a solution of water and vinegar.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2355 posts
2905 upvotes
Gee wrote: I wear them to play badminton too and after a few hours, the shirt is soaking wet.

The shirt doesn't smell, but if I put it through the wash and then the dryer, it will stink.

The only way for me to get rid of the odour is to soak it in a solution of water and vinegar.
these specific ones? i cant speak for these, but try gym shark, when they go on sale, its like 10-20 bucks each, more expensive than this, by a lot, but the quality is good. i never had a problem with sweating in them, after each game, i sit down for like 2 mins, and im completely dry. well aside from the sweat that are still constantly coming out of my pores lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2355 posts
2905 upvotes
Gee wrote: No, I haven't tried these. I have used Under Armour, Nike, etc.

I will pick up a packaged if I can get to Costco before Sunday.
if u do buy these, like i said, get black, white is way too see thru. i also have 1 nike 1 under armour, they are not bad, but not as good as my gymsharks, esp the nike one, but then each of them are made differently, with different compositions of materials at different spots, so it really depends on the design.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
1304 posts
509 upvotes
I don't think any of these shirts are supposed to be worn more than once without washing even if they're synthetic or antimicrobially treated. Just wash them immediately after use and you'll be fine.
Apr 6, 2008
578 posts
561 upvotes
Toronto
Those saying moisture wicking shirts keep you drier and those saying that they make you more smelly are both correct. In the same way essential oil diffusers are vaporizing lavender into the air, quick dry shirts are vaporizing your sweat into the air. This makes it easier to smell your sweat, which is now suspended as a cloud in the air. The cotton would be less smelly because it's holding on to the sweat instead of vaporizing it.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
1304 posts
509 upvotes
3ajs wrote: Those saying moisture wicking shirts keep you drier and those saying that they make you more smelly are both correct. In the same way essential oil diffusers are vaporizing lavender into the air, quick dry shirts are vaporizing your sweat into the air. This makes it easier to smell your sweat, which is now suspended as a cloud in the air. The cotton would be less smelly because it's holding on to the sweat instead of vaporizing it.
I think you're thinking too much into it.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
4218 posts
3464 upvotes
primordialSingularit…

Comment upvoted! That 3-D delts guy is f***ing crazy. I heard he does steroids...Like the Anadrol/Oxymetholone kind...cuz he's f***ing crazy. He definitely does them because he's always flexing his street pharmacy skills despite not having an education (in which he overcompensate by flaunting Bachelors in BroScience (Hons) BBSc), something about stereoisomeric inversions or whatever. Dude needs a job and should stop spending money he doesn't have on shit he doesn't need. Seems to know a lot about money despite not having it...Also heard he's homeless and uses the gym as shelter and a place to shower...

And...now he's #roidraging that the $17.99 www.costco.ca inventory is gone...?

Edit: Most of the above is a joke...
Last edited by ADenariusSaved on Jan 26th, 2023 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 16, 2015
117 posts
317 upvotes
Hippie Land (Kits)
cdogg26 wrote: How's the neck on these after washing and drying/hanging?

Can't stand when the neck loses shape. The dreaded "bacon neck".
bacons after wash

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)