Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

NEW HOT Item! Pure Standards Spray Hand sanitizers (8x300ML) $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2020 4:13 pm
Mar 12, 2008
667 posts
150 upvotes
Windsor
theflyingsquirrel wrote: What is the difference other than the chemical formula?
Is it more gentle for the skin?

I left mine in the car 24/7 and it is parked outdoor too. It did not explode yet.
Yours is liquid or gel type?

Before anyone ask, these stuff burn really well. I use it to start fire sometimes.
Mine was gel
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12157 posts
111987 upvotes
Ontario
w11x22 wrote: Mine was gel
I see. is it one of the newer ones and a new brand name? I left mine in the car and never exploded. it turns a bit watery but that is it.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2998 upvotes
expiry dates on these? Im curious to know if the gel ones have a longer shelf life.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1469 posts
3457 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: That picture was fake news. Never had hand sanitizers exploded in the car. The fire department explained that picture was just to bring awareness and did not happen at all.

These are liquid type. Not the gel type. Still works the same.
It wasn't fake news. The original image and post was to inform people that transparent bottles with liquid in them can focus enough light to combust a surface in your car -- which they can. Enclosed containers in your car can pop open and spray their content if hot enough. Add those two things together and you get that image.
People just ran with it and warped the post into something it wasn't supposed to be.
Jul 12, 2018
137 posts
254 upvotes
Etobicoke
It's 70% alcohol. It doesn't expire.
AP
Mar 20, 2006
152 posts
68 upvotes
They had them The front of the store at the Mcgillivray one in Winnipeg yesterday.
Simplii, Tangerine, Zoomer. Public Mobile.
Aug 25, 2005
679 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
Saw some yesterday at the Heartland (Mississauga) location - near the pharmacy
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3977 upvotes
GVRD
amsoil wrote: If there are some true RFDers out there wanting to DIY this by using 99% Isopropyl alcohol from Costco ($10.99 for4 bottles of 500ml). Here is the recipe from WHO.
https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_ ... uction.pdf
Interesting that they also add peroxide to the formula... (OP's bottles are similar)

• Isopropyl alcohol 99.8%: 7515 ml
• Hydrogen peroxide 3%: 417 ml
• Glycerol 98%: 145 ml

I bought the 4-bottle 99% peroxide pack and the 4-bottle isopropyl pack recently from Costco. Both are good for other purposes too and were pretty cheap compared to regular stores. But OP's is good for sanitizing hands with many convenient small spray bottles.

Why so many downvotes? The price?
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11105 posts
5993 upvotes
Toronto
RxMills wrote: Interesting that they also add peroxide to the formula... (OP's bottles are similar)

I bought the 4-bottle 99% peroxide pack and the 4-bottle isopropyl pack recently from Costco. Both are good for other purposes too and were pretty cheap compared to regular stores. But OP's is good for sanitizing hands with many convenient small spray bottles.

op posted ‘trick’ on how to get more than one before on original post which obviously does not sit well with many when costco limits it to one per membership for a few months now on these covid needed products, with many still desperately looking them and being sold out fast .. this bit was edited .. removed ?

price is not bad
Last edited by Pochacco on Jul 22nd, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3977 upvotes
GVRD
Pochacco wrote: op posted ‘trick’ on how to get more than one before.. this was edited .. removed ?
The OP is a great contributor to RFD.
More recently, his original posts always end up with a self-produced edit (after a backlash from some posters) or a moderator edit.
I better be faster to get his original-original posts in the future, even if just for the additional entertainment value from his add-on comments.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3466 posts
3977 upvotes
GVRD
Thatdealguy wrote: 99% isopropyl = $11 for 4 bottles (500ml each) = 2000ml
You can probably dilute it to 70% (need to use diluted water = $5/4L jug)
(When comparing to the DIY solution...)

"need to use diluted water = $5/4L jug"

Do you mean "use distilled water to dilute"?
I think it's about $1.89/4L at NoFrills. Distilled water may not even be necessary as it's for hand sanitizing so trace minerals shouldn't really affect its sanitizing ability.

Regarding tiny spray bottles (or other bottles) at $1.50, I find there are many little plastic bottles around the house that always end up in the recycling bin each week, so they're good to use for either a DIY solution or when buying large bottles of the premix solution.

The only issue I find with the DIY recipe is the glycol gel.

So the original deal here is $2.50 for each 300ml spray bottle.

I wonder how quickly this spray bottle gets clogged from the gel. I would think squeeze bottles would be better.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
For the 99% isopropyl alcohol, if I dilute it with 50% isopropyl alcohol from dollar tree, what % alcohol does it end up becoming? Does it get lowered?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1041 posts
712 upvotes
Scarborough
For those looking for the gel, I just picked up a 3.78L pump from Costco Warden for $26.99

Brand: Natural Concepts, npn: 80097861

About 100 in stock as off 4:00 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
RxMills wrote: Interesting that they also add peroxide to the formula... (OP's bottles are similar)

It was down voted because before the edit, the OP told people to hide these behind the electronics section and hide them in other areas such as inside appliances and go back and re buy them to get past the Costco limit. That rubbed people the wrong way and for good reason.
Sep 16, 2011
13 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
For BC, I was able to grab a box from 3550 Brighton Ave, Burnaby location. There were lots available yesterday

Thatdealguy wrote: New Item
Limit 1 per member.

These are 70% Alcohol. I had to purchase one to find out about the %.
These are spray bottles.
Average cheap spray bottles cost at least $1-$1.50/bottle.
8x300ml = 2400ml = $20

removing the spray bottle cost = $20-$8 = $12/2400ML

1.jpg3.jpg

99% isopropyl = $11 for 4 bottles (500ml each) = 2000ml
You can probably dilute it to 70% (need to use diluted water = $5/4L jug)

136.jpg

The regular price for 70% isopropyl at the supermarket is around $4/500ml.
At US Costco, it is around $3.50 USD per 2 bottles of 500 ml.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6285 posts
7458 upvotes
Richmond Hill
w11x22 wrote: I dont know about the fake news but I had one gel type tube in my car and it did explode. Exploded means it just kinds punctured and left a mess in my car.
I left a small bottle of hand sanitizer gel in my car on a hot day and when I came back the bottle appeared bloated and it seemed like the alcohol evaporated.
Jul 6, 2014
378 posts
366 upvotes
Nepean, ON
radeonboy wrote: For the 99% isopropyl alcohol, if I dilute it with 50% isopropyl alcohol from dollar tree, what % alcohol does it end up becoming? Does it get lowered?
1:1 ratio would get you approximately 75%, so you are good to go.

However, 50% isopropyl could have some impurity stuff in there, I would dilute 99% stuff with distilled water (1:0.4 ratio gets you 70%) which only costs $0.99/4L at most stores.