Expired Hot Deals

[Groupon Canada] Costco new member offer $40 in shop cards with MasterCard auto-renewal + $40 off $250 Costco.ca coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 9:18 am
[OP]
Jun 23, 2019
3 posts
30 upvotes

[Groupon Canada] Costco new member offer $40 in shop cards with MasterCard auto-renewal + $40 off $250 Costco.ca coupon

Was looking to sign up for a Costco membership and found this deal. Sorry if it’s a repost, though didn’t see it posted recently.

Details of offer:
This Costco Membership Package includes:

A One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership
A membership card for the Primary Cardholder and one additional Household Card for anyone living at the same address, over the age of 18
A C$40 Costco Shop Card (gift card is valid towards any purchase, including gas)
C$40 off any order of C$250+ on Costco.ca
Terms & Conditions:

After purchasing this deal, you’ll need to visit the merchant’s website to complete redemption. Learn more here.
To qualify for the $40 Costco Shop Card, new members must pay for the tax portion of their Costco membership using any Mastercard® credit card.
Valid only for new members and those whose memberships have been expired for over 12 months
Not valid for the renewal of an existing Costco membership
Valid at Canada Costco locations only
Offer must be redeemed on Costco.ca. Cannot be redeemed in Costco warehouses
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 10th, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
Thread Summary
To qualify for the $40 Costco Shop Card, new members must pay for the tax portion of their Costco membership using any Mastercard® credit card.

I wonder if a Mastercard gift card would work?
119 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1293 posts
461 upvotes
Midland
Thanks OP! Great deal if we can find a working code - GET10 ($10 off) Does not work. EDIT: Tried honey using the browser extension, no luck with a code that can be used!
Last edited by joe2k1 on Aug 10th, 2020 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jun 23, 2019
3 posts
30 upvotes
I’m not sure if it’s an eligible purchase, but can also try purchasing the groupon using rakuten/gcr for possibly 3-6% cash back.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1334 posts
576 upvotes
I think this is is better than Costco $60 Employee referral offer.
Nov 24, 2018
245 posts
145 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I was at St-hubert Costco, due for annual renew, then I was approach for Executive review, so I opt in for. As well for the capital one card.
I knew there was a promotion for BBQ scrapper, but end up with only a 20$ coupon code off 100$.

I was upset because this costco ran out of scrapper, but i went to two costco close by, they had scrapper and free tote.
The other costco wouldn't give me their freebies, for 1 day old upgrade, so, I'm intending to cancel my executive card and back down to Gold status.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Aug 5, 2019
53 posts
48 upvotes
So how do we strictly pay the tax portion with a mastercard?
Aug 9, 2020
1 posts
7 upvotes
When checking out I got an error about having to have a US Zip Code when entering CC details. I resolved this by going to my account, adding the credit card there, and then checking out. Hope this helps!
Apr 16, 2019
388 posts
312 upvotes
I am already have a membership, I am not eligible :(
Screenshot_20200810_094309_com.groupon.jpg
Works on the Groupon app, see attached screen shot.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6739 posts
3145 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
headleygrange wrote: I think this is is better than Costco $60 Employee referral offer.
How is it better?
It is $40 only. The other $40 code need to buy $250!
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1234 posts
593 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: How is it better?
It is $40 only. The other $40 code need to buy $250!
Some people would rather have $40 to use in store than $60 off $100 on the “Costco.ca inflated price” website.
Proof is the amount of people selling their $60 coupons for $30 or less in that thread.
Feb 25, 2015
197 posts
56 upvotes
How does this work for old members (expired more that 12 months), do we keep the same costco card? does it matter and just create a new card?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6739 posts
3145 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Arkaine wrote: Some people would rather have $40 to use in store than $60 off $100 on the “Costco.ca inflated price” website.
Proof is the amount of people selling their $60 coupons for $30 or less in that thread.
Oh you can use that in store?
That make sense.
Can you use the $40 and then refund the membership?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1234 posts
593 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Oh you can use that in store?
That make sense.
Can you use the $40 and then refund the membership?
Haha I like the way you think! I’m not too sure, but it definitely seems plausible. Especially since you can use the $40 at the Gas bar too.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1086 posts
308 upvotes
GTA
I think Costco will give you $20 cash card with membership auto-renewal for the $60 off $100 coupon code offer as well.