Expired Hot Deals

[Groupon Canada] Costco new member offer $40 in shop cards with MasterCard auto-renewal + $40 off $250 Costco.ca coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 9:18 am
Jul 30, 2016
644 posts
287 upvotes
anyway, brought one through referred rakuten account. Hopefully will get 40+40+25 referral +10 bonus and 4% cashback. Thanks OP.
May 3, 2015
103 posts
20 upvotes
BC
iamagtaguy wrote: anyway, brought one through referred rakuten account. Hopefully will get 40+40+25 referral +10 bonus and 4% cashback. Thanks OP.
Please explain
Jul 30, 2016
644 posts
287 upvotes
Grahamk wrote: Please explain
I referred to my cousin and used his Rakuten account to purchase Costco Groupon. There is a $25 referral at this moment.

Surprisingly I got $10 bonus and $10 reward from Groupon immediately after receiving Costco confirmation email...yahoo! I guess we all will get it.
Images
  • B426A37E-B25B-45EA-BC9D-5CACFE243241.jpeg
Jun 20, 2015
581 posts
148 upvotes
Place
Anyone having trouble purchasing it?

I put my info and it kept asking me for US zip code.
Good luck!
Aug 24, 2005
780 posts
375 upvotes
Etobicoke
any good deal for executive membership? right now we piggy back off someone elses and we spend quite a bit annually, so i am looking to join ourselves with the cashback option.
Jun 26, 2010
695 posts
416 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone who already has a Costco membership, successfully bought this Groupon to use on friend or family member who doesn't already have a Costco membership?
Sep 12, 2018
159 posts
87 upvotes
Edmonton
If anyone is not using their $40 off $250 coupon, can you share this over PM?
Dec 24, 2014
98 posts
57 upvotes
GVRD
softimage69 wrote: I do not own a Mastercard, can I purchase one of those pre-paid Mastercards to pay the tax portion to get this?
Curious to know if this worked.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
How long does it take to hear from Groupon after doing this? Minutes, hours, days? Thanks.
anyone know when the deadline is to apply for the card.. aka, can I buy and keep the Groupon voucher till end of the year & then start my 1 yr membership from then?
Dec 31, after that Groupon refunds the $60.
I put my info and it kept asking me for US zip code.
Me too, someone posted upthread to add the credit card through your Groupon account (i.e. make it a saved card) then it worked fine.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
I do not own a Mastercard, can I purchase one of those pre-paid Mastercards to pay the tax portion to get this?
Or apply for a MC with Rogers or WM (both have a 1% cashback on the basic cards).
You can use Visa for purchases on the costco.ca website
Including Costco Cash Cards I believe. We used to do that with Costco US when they still only took Amex in store, and started refusing to give store credit for returns (we didn't mind paying with a C$ Amex but didn't want to get cheated by the bank when they refunded). We started buying CCC using our USD Visa on Costco.com and then using in Costco US stores. Later they switched from Amex to Visa so we use the card directly now (if we ever get into the US again).
I'm sure that you can pay the taxes for the membership with any of these forms of payment, but without having a Mastercard it might be not the most convenient shopping experience in general for you.
Note that paying the taxes with anything other than MC (and auto-renewal I think?) means you don't get the $40 store card. Not sure a prepaid MC would work for auto-renewal. Unless it's impossible for whatever reason, get a low-credit-limit MC from Rogers or WM or someone.

=aw
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
BTW I went through TCB. I figure if I'm rolling the dice for 4% (eB/R) or 3%-6% (GCR), I might as well roll the dice for 10% (TCB).

I got the confirmation email after about 15 minutes (while reading this thread :). Here's the content of the email, hope this answers some questions and note you really do have to sign up for auto-renewal by MC:
You're not done yet! You'll finish your purchase on the merchant's website with a Redemption Code. Please follow the instructions below to find your Redemption Code and complete your purchase on the merchant's website.

How to Find Your Redemption Code

1. Find your voucher in My Stuff and view your voucher.
2. Copy the code listed under "Redemption Code." This is the Redemption Code you'll need to enter on the merchant's website to complete your purchase.

How to Complete Your Purchase

1. Visit https://[specific groupon link, probably unique to deal not me but deleting anyway]
2. Fill out the form in full and click “Save & Continue”.
3. Under "Payment Method", enter a Mastercard credit card to automatically enroll in membership auto-renewal and receive your $40 Costco Shop Card. You will only need to pay for the tax portion of your membership.
4. Enter your 16-digit redemption code under the Costco Shop Card section, as well as the 4 digit PIN.
5. Scroll and read the “Membership Conditions and Regulations” and select “I have read and acknowledged the Member Privileges & Conditions and Privacy Policy shown above.” at the bottom.
6. Your order total should total the tax portion of your membership.
7. Select “Buy Membership”.
8. You will receive a confirmation email including your membership number and instructions on how to obtain your membership card at your local Costco warehouse.
9. Your Costco Shop Card and Costco.ca voucher will be mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.
According to the original offer, you have until Dec 31/20 to do this, after which they refund the $60 (none of this "promotional value expires but you can spend what you paid" nonsense).
Jul 30, 2016
644 posts
287 upvotes
Quick question from experts, we have 3 months laptop return in Costco right ? I’m buying a laptop but don’t want to miss any thanksgiving deals in case something big coming up this year!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
I think that's true. Certainly I recall discussion last year in the context of LG OLED TVs, trying to figure out how early to buy while retaining 90-day return privileges at Black Friday. In that case it wasn't "what if there's something better" but "what if it goes cheaper".

My theory is you should count back 90 days from the Monday after Black Friday, in case they decide "no returns on BF weekend" or something. Also remember Price Protection is technically only for 30 days (with returns at 90 days) so even a lower price might require returning-and-rebuying rather than Price Protection.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1316 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know for sure whether the Costco membership starts when you redeem the voucher and pay the taxes on costco.ca, or when you go in and get your card? I wouldn't mind doing it now to get it done, but probably won't get the card for a month or so.

Also, has anyone tried adding Executive status for $60+tax on top of this, either when redeeming or when getting the card in-store?

Thanks.