Expired Hot Deals

[Groupon Canada] Costco new member offer $40 in shop cards with MasterCard auto-renewal + $40 off $250 Costco.ca coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 9:18 am
Jul 7, 2013
536 posts
734 upvotes
For the zip code, you can always use the Cdn hack: add zeros to the end of your PC numbers: e.g., L1M 5P6 enter zip 15600. I do this all the time at US gas stations (well, when I used to go...LOL!) and just did it with this and it works too...forgot to add card to account first & was too lazy to back out of the transaction so tried the hack first - ha!

cheers,
:)
Jun 24, 2013
655 posts
1301 upvotes
Mississauga
can someone refer to me as a friend?
Oct 8, 2010
823 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
aw1883 wrote: Does anyone know for sure whether the Costco membership starts when you redeem the voucher and pay the taxes on costco.ca, or when you go in and get your card? I wouldn't mind doing it now to get it done, but probably won't get the card for a month or so.

Also, has anyone tried adding Executive status for $60+tax on top of this, either when redeeming or when getting the card in-store?

Thanks.
also interested in this one...
Dec 15, 2012
620 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
This Costco Membership Package includes:
A One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership
A membership card for the Primary Cardholder and one additional Household Card for anyone living at the same address, over the age of 18
A C$40 Costco Shop Card (gift card is valid towards any purchase, including gas)
C$40 off any order of C$250+ on Costco.ca

lets be honest who actually uses costco.ca cards... but yeah even if you dont you pay 20$ for 1 year thats not bad!
Jun 26, 2010
696 posts
416 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone done this yet? Curious how the $40 gift cards are sent. By snail mail or email?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3182 posts
3166 upvotes
Oakville
misterlamed wrote: This Costco Membership Package includes:
A One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership
A membership card for the Primary Cardholder and one additional Household Card for anyone living at the same address, over the age of 18
A C$40 Costco Shop Card (gift card is valid towards any purchase, including gas)
C$40 off any order of C$250+ on Costco.ca

lets be honest who actually uses costco.ca cards... but yeah even if you dont you pay 20$ for 1 year thats not bad!
I spend easily $300+ per month on costco.ca just on the hot buys section . I actually have a Costco row on my excel sheet for Living expenses lol.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12175 posts
3292 upvotes
Scarberia
zdpz wrote: I spend easily $300+ per month on costco.ca just on the hot buys section . I actually have a Costco row on my excel sheet for Living expenses lol.
wow, i havn't spent 300$ in costco in my lifetime! i only went there couple times for the cheap hotdogs!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12175 posts
3292 upvotes
Scarberia
can u stack any groupon discount codes on this costco mem. purchase to further reduce the price? even hotter if u can! usually theres a 10$ off code floating around ymmv
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jan 26, 2010
351 posts
101 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: wow, i havn't spent 300$ in costco in my lifetime! i only went there couple times for the cheap hotdogs!
Hot dogs are fine but the tenderloin they got in the meat section, that's gold.
Feb 1, 2019
134 posts
37 upvotes
Does anyone in AB want to split the cost of membership? (I know supplementary card is for family member only**) but there's only a few items that I want to buy.

Case of coconut water - Kombucha drinks (it's on sale) - Wildbrine every 3 months.
Jun 13, 2019
519 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto
aw1883 wrote: Does anyone know for sure whether the Costco membership starts when you redeem the voucher and pay the taxes on costco.ca, or when you go in and get your card? I wouldn't mind doing it now to get it done, but probably won't get the card for a month or so.

Also, has anyone tried adding Executive status for $60+tax on top of this, either when redeeming or when getting the card in-store?

Thanks.
Yep, I did it last time. I used the Groupon voucher for the basic membership in the first visit and then paid around $56 (pro-rated) towards the executive upgrade in the second visit.
Aug 23, 2011
47 posts
42 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Can my wife take advantage of this? She currently has the spousal card from my membership, which expired in July. I cannot sign up again given that 12 months hasn't lapsed since expiry. Thanks.
Jun 3, 2011
33 posts
7 upvotes
Whitby
mikka2017 wrote: can u stack any groupon discount codes on this costco mem. purchase to further reduce the price? even hotter if u can! usually theres a 10$ off code floating around ymmv
Ive been looking myself.. nothing..
Only thing is thru Rakuten.. but that much either but it does add up if u buy lots online..
Jun 3, 2011
33 posts
7 upvotes
Whitby
iamagtaguy wrote: OP - any idea when is this deal expiring ? I want to buy one as i'm planning to buy a laptop. Can i use both coupons for my laptop purchase online costco.ca?
Go to www.groupon.com and read it there.. all the info is there..