• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 12:56 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1346 posts
1220 upvotes

Costco New Membership Offer for expired account

I wanna take advantage of the costco new membership offer (if there’s none now I can wait).

So I let my account expire and how long should I wait so I could be considered a “new member” again?
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15130 posts
12213 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
naticom wrote: I wanna take advantage of the costco new membership offer (if there’s none now I can wait).

So I let my account expire and how long should I wait so I could be considered a “new member” again?
At least a year.

Otherwise they’ll process it as a RENEWAL (and back date it)

This has been discussed many times here on RFD in this the SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM

You can find other threads where it has come up by using the SEARCH THIS FORUM field at the top of this forum’s directory
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/shoppin ... ssion-f74/
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5068 posts
3576 upvotes
Vancouver
naticom wrote: I wanna take advantage of the costco new membership offer (if there’s none now I can wait).

PointsHubby wrote: At least a year.

Otherwise they’ll process it as a RENEWAL (and back date it)

This has been discussed many times here on RFD in this the SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM

You can find other threads where it has come up by using the SEARCH THIS FORUM field at the top of this forum’s directory
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/shoppin ... ssion-f74/
I believe it's 18 months until you can be a new member.

After 3 months expiry, they don't backdate.. your membership is from the day you renew.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3231 posts
1848 upvotes
Edmonton

Who is your second cardholder? People have had success switching secondary to primary to take advantage of new offers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1346 posts
1220 upvotes
Yes I probably have to go with route by dragging my wife to Costco which is her #1 hated place to go shopping.
starchoice wrote: Who is your second cardholder? People have had success switching secondary to primary to take advantage of new offers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1346 posts
1220 upvotes
A quick question, does mobile shop purchase qualify for executive 2%?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3646 posts
2197 upvotes
Vancouver
naticom wrote: A quick question, does mobile shop purchase qualify for executive 2%?
I haven’t bought a phone there but other services do qualify for 2% even if it’s through Costco (say gutters, furnace, garage door, etc) so I’m guessing phone hardware/accessory will too. You could always just ask if you want to be sure since they always have someone in the mobile store.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15130 posts
12213 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
naticom wrote: A quick question, does mobile shop purchase qualify for executive 2%?
The info & exclusions ... plus parameters on how the program works is on the Costco website
https://www.costco.ca/executive-rewards.html

If it’s not on the EXCLUSION LIST
And you go thru the front registers for payment
Then it’s included in the annual 2% Exec Cash Back