Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] [New/ Warm] Indoor/Outdoor LED Coloured 16ft Light strips - Tuya Compatible / $37.99 in-store

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2019 7:42 am
Jan 19, 2017
524 posts
487 upvotes
Kitchener
bigzinc10 wrote: Bought one to try out. Not bright enough for kitchen under cabinet lighting. Under whelming actually. Will be returning.
They just stocked a sunbeam under cabinet light set (3 x 1ft) for $39.99 i believe it was. I set them up last night, super bright and dimmable.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1121 posts
794 upvotes
Brampton
Would you mind posting a picture please and thanks. Much appreciated.
rtookey wrote: They just stocked a sunbeam under cabinet light set (3 x 1ft) for $39.99 i believe it was. I set them up last night, super bright and dimmable.
Jul 22, 2010
331 posts
16 upvotes
Markham
Would you be able to connect your own adapters/power source? I've previously bought under cabinet LEDs from costco but none of the the adapters would work besides the specific ones it came with.. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1234 posts
63 upvotes
I bought and returned this. They are not customizable and the adhesive failed after about a week. Was using them under the counter but kept falling off.
Oct 6, 2012
115 posts
23 upvotes
edmonton
I think this is one of the best. I had bought multiple strip lights within this price range but this is so far the best for value of money. waterproof, google, Alexa assistant, own app. I bought three already and thinking of buying 5 more and put it as Christmas light around the house .I have this around my deck and stapled with T5 staples so that don't have to bother too much with adhesive (double sided) tape falling off although I heard putting aluminum makes these adhesive tape stay stronger. So far it is working good and works with my google and app control is pretty responsive.thanks
Nov 22, 2017
182 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
any more new experiences... planning to buy....couple of this
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
879 posts
1662 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rupendra76 wrote: I think this is one of the best. I had bought multiple strip lights within this price range but this is so far the best for value of money. waterproof, google, Alexa assistant, own app. I bought three already and thinking of buying 5 more and put it as Christmas light around the house .I have this around my deck and stapled with T5 staples so that don't have to bother too much with adhesive (double sided) tape falling off although I heard putting aluminum makes these adhesive tape stay stronger. So far it is working good and works with my google and app control is pretty responsive.thanks
Question for you (and others here who may have done so...), to install these outdoors,don't you need to worry about ensuring the plug doesn't get wet? How do you do that?

I have an outlet in my patio that's got a sort of a weatherproof lid on it. It's fairly exposed to the 'elements' and being in Vancouver, I'm worried that this might be a fire hazard once it starts raining. Any thoughts on what to do here?
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2196 posts
443 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
rtookey wrote: They just stocked a sunbeam under cabinet light set (3 x 1ft) for $39.99 i believe it was. I set them up last night, super bright and dimmable.
how far down to they sit under the cabinets in the clips? are they lower profile than they appear? my issue is older cabinets with only about a 1/4" lip on the front edge. I don't want to see lights mounted under them, just want to see the glow of the light. this isn't a problem if you have an edge of trim to conceal (like my previous place). thanks for posting the link as well btw.
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1717 posts
500 upvotes
Calgary
vancityguy0 wrote: Question for you (and others here who may have done so...), to install these outdoors,don't you need to worry about ensuring the plug doesn't get wet? How do you do that?

I have an outlet in my patio that's got a sort of a weatherproof lid on it. It's fairly exposed to the 'elements' and being in Vancouver, I'm worried that this might be a fire hazard once it starts raining. Any thoughts on what to do here?
Just make sure you set up a drip loop before it plugs into the wall.
Jan 19, 2017
524 posts
487 upvotes
Kitchener
crashxxx wrote: how far down to they sit under the cabinets in the clips? are they lower profile than they appear? my issue is older cabinets with only about a 1/4" lip on the front edge. I don't want to see lights mounted under them, just want to see the glow of the light. this isn't a problem if you have an edge of trim to conceal (like my previous place). thanks for posting the link as well btw.
About 3/4", but, while standing you wont see it. If you want to conceal it completely, you may need to install a light valence.