• Dec 14th, 2021 12:44 pm
[OP]
Jun 18, 2013
580 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] [Black Friday] Nikon Z6 + 24-70 f4 S $2997.99 with BF $350 voucher

Old thread costco-update-nikon-z6-24-70-f4-s-2599- ... k-2379867/

Not as good as previous one, but around $2700 before tax if you consider the voucher.

Sales for 2799 at other retailers at the moment.

Add something to bump it to 3000, how to apply the voucher https://www.costco.ca/spend-save-promotion.html

Costco, so you can return within 90 days if price drops.
Last edited by FatSheep on Nov 29th, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1644 posts
559 upvotes
Bedford
I actually own two Z6 bodies plus one 24-70 F4. I think I paid about the same just after launch 2 years ago for the kit. I would go for the Z6 ii at this time.
[OP]
Jun 18, 2013
580 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
baillieul wrote: I actually own two Z6 bodies plus one 24-70 F4. I think I paid about the same just after launch 2 years ago for the kit. I would go for the Z6 ii at this time.
I got the same advice actually from a friend, but not sure when will the next sale happen, given the shortage of parts and issues with supply chains globally.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1644 posts
559 upvotes
Bedford
FatSheep wrote: I got the same advice actually from a friend, but not sure when will the next sale happen, given the shortage of parts and issues with supply chains globally.
I almost always purchase my camera gear used. I bought my first kit new just after launch, and the second body a year later used. There are some good deals out there, just have to be patient.

The Z platform has been great for me, the only frustrating thing is the cost of the XQD cards. I was doing a paid shoot last weekend and the photographer I was working with was shooting a pair of D750 bodies. He was checking out the Z bodies, and fell in love. The D750 is like a brick next to the Z6.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2060 posts
209 upvotes
Newb here, when returning a higher end camera like the Nikon Z6, does costco take it back no questions asked? Do they check the shutter count? If there even is such a thing in mirrorless cameras?
[OP]
Jun 18, 2013
580 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote: Newb here, when returning a higher end camera like the Nikon Z6, does costco take it back no questions asked? Do they check the shutter count? If there even is such a thing in mirrorless cameras?
I just did the return, they check the serial number and ask for the reason to return.

Though I am feeling kind of bad, as the machine was in box brand new, never used whatsoever. They still need to open the box and machine to check information and send the machine back to the manufacturer.

I ended up with another retailer for Z6 II and Z 50nm 1.8
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1677 posts
853 upvotes
Regina
Nothing wrong with Z6 incredible camera, auto focus is much improved with the latest firmware, but cfexpress cards are insanely expensive still.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1435 posts
619 upvotes
Canada
reggyDeal wrote: Newb here, when returning a higher end camera like the Nikon Z6, does costco take it back no questions asked? Do they check the shutter count? If there even is such a thing in mirrorless cameras?
All mirrorless cameras in the world except the Z9 have the mechanical shutter which is fragile and prone to failure. So if used instead of electronic shutter, there's still a shutter count.