Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 30, 2015
25 posts
32 upvotes
Markham, On

[Costco] Ninebot e-scooters restocked G30P & G30LP

Been waiting for a restock and they're finally back online. The LP is not as well priced as the recent $799 in-store deal but at least they're available again.

G30P - $1099
https://www.costco.ca/.product.100650945.html
G30LP - $849
https://www.costco.ca/segway---ninebot- ... 12250.html
161 replies
Oct 2, 2018
933 posts
790 upvotes
Toronto
Was at a gathering last weekend and they had two scooters, saying they were the life of the parth is an understatement. The younger kids (22 to 28) who were there loved these things, booted up and down the road at 30km per hour.

We were out in a new subdivision out in Welland, no traffic at all. These scooters really move.

Dont know about using in the City, but were truly impressive.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7406 upvotes
Ottawa
I had the bigger MAX scooter last year. The range is amazing, I went way around my neighborhood and it hardly made a dent in the battery life, and it feels really beefy. I returned it because I didn't need so much range and the thing was pretty heavy....not easy to bring it in and out and loading into the car. overkill for my needs

I would like to get one but something a bit more light duty. Ideally 30 lbs or less. Something that is useful when I park my car, take out the scooter and want to explore on foot.
Also looking at the GoTrax ones. There's gotta be something that's well made but more suitable for casual users. I'm wondering if the ES1L would be a good choice. https://www.costco.ca/.product.100763479.html I don't like that it has a fender brake instead of real brakes though.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2332 posts
1432 upvotes
GTA
Real world conditions, how far do these escooters go on one charge? Does it come with a carry bag?
Dec 11, 2009
199 posts
93 upvotes
New Westminster
U-Scooters Booster GT
warpdrive wrote: I had the bigger MAX scooter last year. The range is amazing, I went way around my neighborhood and it hardly made a dent in the battery life, and it feels really beefy. I returned it because I didn't need so much range and the thing was pretty heavy....not easy to bring it in and out and loading into the car. overkill for my needs

I would like to get one but something a bit more light duty. Ideally 30 lbs or less. Something that is useful when I park my car, take out the scooter and want to explore on foot.
Also looking at the GoTrax ones. There's gotta be something that's well made but more suitable for casual users. I'm wondering if the ES1L would be a good choice. https://www.costco.ca/.product.100763479.html I don't like that it has a fender brake instead of real brakes though.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1378 posts
1495 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Real world conditions, how far do these escooters go on one charge? Does it come with a carry bag?
Maybe 27 miles. I dunno if u wanna carry one of these with a bag

Just get a Kryptonite Keeper 755 and a motion alarm to lock it. Any lock can be broken in 10 seconds unless its one of those gigantic Abus ones but the motion alarm will freak them out. Install the motion alarm in the battery compartment

You'll be bustin' fools and have them runnin' all day with the setup Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Last edited by l1197493 on Jul 27th, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7406 upvotes
Ottawa
Akizuki wrote: Real world conditions, how far do these escooters go on one charge? Does it come with a carry bag?
no carry bag. The real world range will usually fall short. For example, the Max says something like 65km, but it's more like 45. If you subtract 30% for a lot of scooters, it will be in the ballpark
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Dec 15, 2017
262 posts
266 upvotes
Stittsville
warpdrive wrote: I had the bigger MAX scooter last year. The range is amazing, I went way around my neighborhood and it hardly made a dent in the battery life, and it feels really beefy. I returned it because I didn't need so much range and the thing was pretty heavy....not easy to bring it in and out and loading into the car. overkill for my needs

If you're looking for an entry-level Gotrax scooter, then you can consider GXL V2 (my personal favorite was Apex model though):
Jul 17, 2014
131 posts
64 upvotes
Canada
Am I the only one who read it as Nintendo Scooter and was confused for a bit?
Feb 14, 2006
858 posts
999 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
It'll likely do 30kph. And it'll likely get 65km on a charge. Just not getting both together. Your riding weight, acceleration, braking, and travelled terrain will dictate both speed and range.

I use under 10watts/km on an ebike with assist (pedalling) going 20kph and under. I triple that (26-30W/km) to 30-35km/h with same pedal cadence.
Last edited by Ruciz on Jul 27th, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7406 upvotes
Ottawa
MOOCer wrote: If you're looking for an entry-level Gotrax scooter, then you can consider GXL V2 (my personal favorite was Apex model though):
yeah, Apex looks like a good compromise. Better than entry level, still entry level pricing. Now to wait for a good deal.
Jul 17, 2007
518 posts
758 upvotes
Montreal
Any 290.pouders who can comment on if they had success with the scooter or can recommend something else with a higher weight range
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7406 upvotes
Ottawa
derekmcl wrote: U-Scooters Booster GT
looks really nice, ultralite with good performance. Where would you buy something like that?

With these scooters, there are so many rebranded designs it's hard to know what's what for a layman. So many companies rebranding something, and charge a premium for it.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4287 posts
3255 upvotes
Vancouver
Pretty popular in store. People were buying these two at a time in Richmond last Saturday.

Oct 15, 2015
82 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These are illegal to operate in Toronto streets. Just a heads up for those interested.

I returned mine when I realized city council banned them, and although cops aren’t likely to strictly enforce it, cough* (see all the bikers/e-bikers on sidewalks), I’d rather just not take the chance.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2865 posts
2170 upvotes
GVRD
They are also illegal to operate in Vancouver streets, that is of course if the cops are enforcing. I bet that while it's all nice that they are not enforcing now, all it takes is some people who gets into accidents with vehicles then someone will put the hammer down.

Same goes with the now out hoverboards, ebikes and unlicensed mopeds.
Oct 2, 2018
933 posts
790 upvotes
Toronto
Performance wise these things are incredible I give them that, my worry is practical use and legality.

Can anyone add to the legal use, they pick up speed in sport mode fairly quickly and you hit a pedestrian at full speed and someone can be really hurt.

Perhaps you can say same thing about a regular mechanical bike, however it does seem like these scooters are inherently more fun and more concerning.

Under electric power of perhaps any power are they legal for sidewalk?

On roads I guess same rules as a bike?

Helmets?

With e-bikes, e-scooters, e-motor bikes or close to e motor cycles it is getting hard for the average person to figure out where the legal lines are.

These e-scooters are best for teenagers on up but can think younger kids would also have a blast, just concerns me a bit as we want both user and pedestrians to be equally safe. No way to satisfactorily police as they get popular, right now price is the only safety valve on the amount of these on the roads.

I'm all for e-scooters and bikes, just wish to know the rules before I go down that root and purchase.
Last edited by Ballroomblitz1 on Jul 27th, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7406 upvotes
Ottawa
Farbustry wrote: I returned mine when I realized city council banned them, and although cops aren’t likely to strictly enforce it, cough* (see all the bikers/e-bikers on sidewalks), I’d rather just not take the chance.
They were never legal in Toronto, right? I don't think anything has changed.