Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Ninja 5-in-1 indoor grill $149.99. May 4-10.

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 1:29 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 3, 2005
718 posts
712 upvotes
S

[Costco] Ninja 5-in-1 indoor grill $149.99. May 4-10.

Deal will be active May 04-10.

link: https://www.costco.ca/ninja-foodi-5-in- ... 63390.html
D76B5DAC-FC72-4653-8441-7C72434CBE0A.jpeg
292 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2017
244 posts
261 upvotes
Whitby
Wife is a big fan of Ninja products.
She was recently looking for an instant pot? Are those similar?
Jr. Member
Mar 7, 2011
111 posts
93 upvotes
IvensM066447 wrote: Wife is a big fan of Ninja products.
She was recently looking for an instant pot? Are those similar?
Very different. The instant pot is a slowcooker/ricemaker/pressurecooker/yoghurt maker, ETC.

This is an Air Fryer/George Forman style grill, there's an element and a small fan. And by the way, it does NOT replace an Oil Fryer. It's more like a small oven.

You can buy an Instant Pot lid that will do air frying.

FYI we got our instant-pot for boxing day and we LOVE it, we use it to make whole turkeys, rice and soups all the time.
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2017
244 posts
261 upvotes
Whitby
davidturgeon wrote: Very different. The instant pot is a slowcooker/ricemaker/pressurecooker/yoghurt maker, ETC.

This is an Air Fryer/George Forman style grill, there's an element and a small fan. And by the way, it does NOT replace an Oil Fryer. It's more like a small oven.

You can buy an Instant Pot lid that will do air frying.

FYI we got our instant-pot for boxing day and we LOVE it, we use it to make whole turkeys, rice and soups all the time.
Thanks for your reply.
Do you recommend any instant pot brand or model? Sorry, starting my research for now and still unclear where I need to start. LOL
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1835 posts
1121 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
IvensM066447 wrote: Thanks for your reply.
Do you recommend any instant pot brand or model? Sorry, starting my research for now and still unclear where I need to start. LOL
If you just need a pressure cooker then any instant pot will do, just pick a size. If you need sous vide or yogurt functions, get the SV or higher models.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2006
1354 posts
743 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
IvensM066447 wrote: Thanks for your reply.
Do you recommend any instant pot brand or model? Sorry, starting my research for now and still unclear where I need to start. LOL
You may be referring to Ninja Foodi, which is like an Instant Pot plus an air fryer lid.

https://www.costco.ca/ninja-foodi-.prod ... 72947.html
Last edited by Feb30th on Apr 30th, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Oct 15, 2006
439 posts
85 upvotes
North Vancouver
How much bacon can this do? A whole package? Says it can bake, could I make cookies?

Looking to replace a cheap black and decker toaster oven with air frying. It’s six slices and I find it a bit small, plus it cooks food unevenly so I want to upgrade. Is this a good bet or should I get the cuisinatt on sale for 199 at Canadian tire?
Jr. Member
Jun 27, 2018
195 posts
133 upvotes
A very useful kitchen gadget at an amazing price. We used this grilling and air frying. I can’t say virtually smoke free. If you keep it underneath the kitchen exhaust, no smell in the kitchen
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1224 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
HM. Actifry dying recently. Is this a good replacement?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3078 posts
713 upvotes
Had this for a couple of days, so far good as an air fryer and seems to deliver nicely as a smokeless grill, worth the $140 for sure (I paid 180) The air fryer is a bit larger tha our ninja air fryer, and I think it does a slightly better job.
The grill feature comes darn close to bbq and yes, without the smoke. Be careful with cooking times, it cooked faster than manual indicates. Warning, it is large.

One thing though, I bought based on the display at costco that said skewers and griddle included, yet nothing in the box or indicated in manual. I double checked the pic I had taken if the costco display and it definately said repeatedly these 2 come with it.
Can anyone confirm?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2008
3390 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
IvensM066447 wrote: Thanks for your reply.
Do you recommend any instant pot brand or model? Sorry, starting my research for now and still unclear where I need to start. LOL
Instant pot is a brand as well. The applicances are called electric pressure cookers.

Instant pot I believe is one of the first electric ones.

I have two instant pots and I love them for their easy of use.

Also instant pot came out with a air fryer lid as well that you can buy seperatly but it doesn't work with all the instant pot models so be careful if that is what you want.

The ninja foodi is an electro pressure cooker that comes with the air frying capabilities but it's also I think 2x or 3x the price
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 8, 2013
37 posts
26 upvotes
GTA
Great product. Highly recommend if:

1. You don't have an air fryer/convection oven
2. You are cooking for 2 or less people
3. You have ample counter space/ a high enough space between the counter and the cabinet

I paid $180 for it at Costco, used it every day. Was thinking of buying another one, since this is a VERY good deal.

Unfortunately, online orders are backlogged until June... Not sure if there's any units in store.
My life is:
1. Navigating to "RFD hot deals"
2. Browse deals, "Open link in a new tab"
3. Opens 10+ tabs of great deals, doesn't buy anything
4. Rinse and repeat

... And on the rare occasion, I actually spend ALL my money 😲
Newbie
Aug 15, 2012
83 posts
51 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote: Had this for a couple of days, so far good as an air fryer and seems to deliver nicely as a smokeless grill, worth the $140 for sure (I paid 180) The air fryer is a bit larger tha our ninja air fryer, and I think it does a slightly better job.
The grill feature comes darn close to bbq and yes, without the smoke. Be careful with cooking times, it cooked faster than manual indicates. Warning, it is large.

One thing though, I bought based on the display at costco that said skewers and griddle included, yet nothing in the box or indicated in manual. I double checked the pic I had taken if the costco display and it definately said repeatedly these 2 come with it.
Can anyone confirm?
Mine came with the griddle and skewers. The griddle is really small and wouldn't be much use. So you're not missing out.
Newbie
Oct 31, 2009
30 posts
10 upvotes
thanks for this post.

Will the discount only show starting May 4th? On the site doesn't show anything for now. Regular full price.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2983 posts
2902 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
IvensM066447 wrote: Thanks... Yeas, I was thinking on that one.
Pretty well reviewed but I'm not sure if that is better than an instant pot. Need more time to research.
I got a Foodi as a gift and absolutely love it. End up using it more as an air fryer than a pressure cooker but its handy to pop back and forth. ie. I'll pressure cook some chicken, remove the PC lid, and then air fry it a bit to crisp the skin up. Would highly recommend it. If ours broke I would insta re-buy it. Air frying (we're just the 2 of us) is handy because unlike the oven it heats up instantly, and in a condo having a 2-in-1 saves a ton of space.

The only bad thing about Foodi is the recipe book that came with it is absolutely horrible. Every recipe we've tried from that book we've thrown out. But once I started following random internet/YouTube recipes I started loving it.

We're looking at buying the giant ninja toaster thing to replace our mini toaster and to have a "second" air frying appliance hahaha, but this grill for the price I might grab it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)