Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System $139 in-store, $149 online

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2021 3:34 am
May 5, 2020
206 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System $139 in-store, $149 online

Costco has Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System on sale. Just picked up one in store for $139
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 17th, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
15 replies
Sep 23, 2007
353 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
I could almost justify this on the food processor alone, if I could find any reviews of it specifically looking at how it stacks up to standalone devices. Can anyone comment?

I'd be primarily grating/shredding and making quick doughs and emulsions. I figured I'd get a Cuisinart Pro Custom as a "buy once cry once" thing, alongside my Vitamix, but if this is any good, for half the price...
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2918 posts
3133 upvotes
Markham
I am in the market for Indian Mixer/Grinder.
How good this Ninja for that purpose?
Anyone use this like that?
-------
Thank you
Aug 22, 2003
269 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
We've had this set for about a year now from the last time Costco had these on sale. I think it was $149 back then. So this is a really good deal. We're super happy with it. The motor is quite strong and the food processor is powerful. My daughter makes smoothies with it every day. On hot summer days it can chop up ice into nice smooth slushies in a flash. The touch screen is a great feature as it is easy to clean and the buttons will never wear out. Very good unit. I remember being torn between getting this and the vitamix unit, thinking the more expensive vitamix might be worth it - but I'm so happy we got this one & saved a few $ to boot. Careful of the blades though - they are sharp! I accidentally caught one as it fell off the counter and ended up getting some stitches - Dumb!
Jan 20, 2021
47 posts
37 upvotes
British Columbia
This intelli-sense is an older model of Ninja brands. It is a great machine, but it is just an older model.

The newer model for Ninja is called Ninja Foodi Power Blender & Processor. It is sold in Costco US (they tend to get newer things). Canadian TIre does sell the Ninja Foodi model that has very good reviews all around - and it is on sale. Link is below.

Link Canadian Tire: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ninj ... c=true#spc
Apr 11, 2012
499 posts
152 upvotes
Moon
kunamvahees wrote: I am in the market for Indian Mixer/Grinder.
Same here. Hard to get good mixer/grinder which is useful for Indian spices and food.
Aug 8, 2015
121 posts
156 upvotes
Not sure if they fixed their "sensors" but we've had 2 ninja blenders crap out because they couldn't recognize that the blender cup/food processor was twisted on. It was a weird bug but I assume this is better. Otherwise, their power is great value.
Sep 23, 2007
353 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
kunamvahees wrote: I am in the market for Indian Mixer/Grinder.
It will work, but isn't perfect. I used my old roommate's Ninja for Indian food (spices, grinds, etc.) back in the day and it was always fine, but it won't be as good as something purpose built, like a Preethi or Sumeet brand grinder. I think the Ninja still comes in far cheaper than either though.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2918 posts
3133 upvotes
Markham
NineOne wrote: It will work, but isn't perfect. I used my old roommate's Ninja for Indian food (spices, grinds, etc.) back in the day and it was always fine, but it won't be as good as something purpose built, like a Preethi or Sumeet brand grinder. I think the Ninja still comes in far cheaper than either though.
Yes. Indian grinders are between $189 to $230 range.
Thank you for your feedback.
-------
Thank you
Oct 4, 2019
205 posts
383 upvotes
NineOne wrote: It will work, but isn't perfect. I used my old roommate's Ninja for Indian food (spices, grinds, etc.) back in the day and it was always fine, but it won't be as good as something purpose built, like a Preethi or Sumeet brand grinder. I think the Ninja still comes in far cheaper than either though.
Agree. The only added bonus with the Ninja is that you can knead dough for rotis, naans and various other Indian flatbreads.
Bought this is store and I'm going to throw away my old oster blender and the black and decker chopper.
This is the next best thing to vitamix
Mar 31, 2011
333 posts
307 upvotes
Montreal
You snooze, you loose. Tried to think before buying...Huge mistake since can't find it anymore. Any sightings in grand Montreal ?
Dec 3, 2017
196 posts
150 upvotes
hweinb wrote: You snooze, you loose. Tried to think before buying...Huge mistake since can't find it anymore. Any sightings in grand Montreal ?
Kijiji
Aug 6, 2019
246 posts
216 upvotes
berta
benjcksn wrote: Not sure if they fixed their "sensors" but we've had 2 ninja blenders crap out because they couldn't recognize that the blender cup/food processor was twisted on. It was a weird bug but I assume this is better. Otherwise, their power is great value.
thats my and my friends experience. these thing have tons of power but the accessories are built to fail, expensive to replace.
Rogers By The GIG Plan: free text, talk and 1gig. FTW. That is how cheap I am.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
Great product, but prefer to break it up into 4 amazing units: having an all in one may seem like you're saving counter space, but changing things, washing in between, and having something that is just good and lasts a few years vs. Something amazing that lasts 7+years, my preference is the latter options.

For those who have the space and money, get these and you will thank me later:

Kneading and mixing:
1) Kitchen aid artisan mixer: for kneading and mixing dough and keema and pasta etc. On sale regularly for $300 on RFD, some I've seen as low as $230. I saw the mini at London drugs as low as $149.

Blending:
2) blendtec for smoothies and soups and icecream (Vitamix is good too, but don't want the plunger or sharp blades in my house). These cone on sale once or twice a year again on RFD. Typically $300 for blendtec on sale, or $300 for refurb vitamix.

General Food processor
3) Breville sous chef food processor or the Cuisinart 14 cup. Has been posted for as low as $250-$300 for the Breville, and $150-$250 for the Cuisinart.

Chopping and grinding:
4) Bosch TriMixx pro or Preethi brand for Pakistani/Indian food grinding. They are expensive or hard to find with warranty within Canada. However, I find the blendtec and Vitamix can achieve much of the consistency for varying dishes, so if you can't find these you can use those.

Of course we have a huge kitchen and spend 4-6 hours cooking everyday each day since one person earns the other stays home and cooks, so for a normal family the posted deal was definitely great!
-ZdpZ... ;)
Dec 24, 2011
891 posts
634 upvotes
Very good deal, i've owned this unit for a few years and it's very good. In my opinion, the best value blender on the market. However, looking at their new model, the Foodi Power Blender it looks like they've identified and tweaked the design of their products for hopefully the better. For example:

Main Blender - Probably my least favorite part of the blender. I found it didn't really do a great job of making soups/dips/etc. completely smooth, mainly due to the jar design and blades. It looks like they re-designed both of these in the new model. Given that the blade design didn't change much, I have my doubts this would be able to compete with a Vitamix or Blendtec. Still, very handy to have and better than 95% of other blenders on the market, regardless of price point.

Extraction Cup - I usually make single serve smoothies, so this has been my biggest use case, and it absolutely delivers. For a single serve size, it absolutely holds its own and creates smoothies comparable to Vitamix/Blendtec. New version looks like the same design, but also include an additional smoothie bowl maker, not quite sure how or what it means by that, but definitely intriguing.

Food Processor - unable to comment as I have no idea how the new version will function compared to the old one, but I imagine the new design should be a step in the right direction. The added bonus of dough hook being on the main unit may make it actually useable, as I didn't find it worked great on the previous version.

Coffee/Spice Grinder - Seems pretty straightforward, definitely appreciate the fact it's a small container and designed for that.

Overall, you can't go wrong with the old (Intelli-Sense) unit for $119. However, if you do plan on using it more than just to make smoothies and you aren't in a rush, it might be worth it to wait for their new line to go on sale in the sub $200 range.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)