Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Nintendo eShop Gift Cards - 4 x $25 for $89.99 in store (10% off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2021 9:43 am
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 6, 2011
19 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga

[Costco] Nintendo eShop Gift Cards - 4 x $25 for $89.99 in store (10% off)

I normally buy $99 for $93.99 from Costco online but ventured into a store (Mississauga, Dixie/Dundas) and spotted this. Best deal I've seen in a long time for physical cards (or eshop credit in general), and since it's 4 x $25, good for gifting smaller increments. Also no qty limit (AFAIK) unlike Costco online.
Images
  • 20210824_125538.jpg
21 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 22, 2004
691 posts
2478 upvotes
That price has been available in-stores since the beginning of this year. Same price as well for PSN cards.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10641 posts
4737 upvotes
Ontario
mwatcher wrote: That price has been available in-stores since the beginning of this year. Same price as well for PSN cards.
+1 Also been posted multiple times in various threads. Not sure why we needed a new one.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
7007 posts
1530 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Not new, but good to spread the joy I guess.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 6, 2011
19 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
mwatcher wrote: That price has been available in-stores since the beginning of this year. Same price as well for PSN cards.
I saw the expired post from Dec 2020 but nothing since then. Having not set foot in a Costco store since last year, I had no idea if this was ongoing. After 8 months, and considering the extra freedoms many of us have to shop, I figured it was more than due attention.
Andro wrote: +1 Also been posted multiple times in various threads. Not sure why we needed a new one.
Which posts? Searching for "costco eshop 89.99" yields nothing relevant since February, referencing the "expired" Dec post. Perhaps I'm missing something?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10641 posts
4737 upvotes
Ontario
savyzzyz wrote: I saw the expired post from Dec 2020 but nothing since then. Having not set foot in a Costco store since last year, I had no idea if this was ongoing. After 8 months, and considering the extra freedoms many of us have to shop, I figured it was more than due attention.



Which posts? Searching for "costco eshop 89.99" yields nothing relevant since February, referencing the "expired" Dec post. Perhaps I'm missing something?
nintendo-switch-eshop-sale-2484312/

Feel free to scroll through the active thread. There are many others
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 6, 2011
19 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
Andro wrote: nintendo-switch-eshop-sale-2484312/

Feel free to scroll through the active thread. There are many others
Ahhh, I see now why you're keen to criticize... YOU posted the reply in that thread about the same deal yesterday. Fair enough, you beat me to it. But your post is the first one I can find anywhere since February that mentions the $89.99 in-store price. And the thread it's in is about the eshop games currently on sale, not about where to get eshop credit. It's easily overlooked.

For sure, there certainly hasn't been an active thread specifically for this since Dec 2020. So like I said, I think it's fair to give it proper exposure, especially with more people shopping in-store now.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10641 posts
4737 upvotes
Ontario
savyzzyz wrote: Ahhh, I see now why you're keen to criticize... YOU posted the reply in that thread about the same deal yesterday. Fair enough, you beat me to it. But your post is the first one I can find anywhere since February that mentions the $89.99 in-store price. And the thread it's in is about the eshop games currently on sale, not about where to get eshop credit. It's easily overlooked.

For sure, there certainly hasn't been an active thread specifically for this since Dec 2020. So like I said, I think it's fair to give it proper exposure, especially with more people shopping in-store now.
Lol. Its been posted way before me in other threads. I just mentioned it again in that one. Its a regular price, not sale either. Newegg has deeper sales once in a while, those were hot

Do you want to make a thread for Xbox live gift cards, PSN too? Its fair to give exposure for everything Costco sells, no?

Mentioning it in thread is one thing, creating a new thread when its been a discussion for some time is another.
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2011
989 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, I was just at Costco this weekend and I didn't see it.

Oh well, I'm gonna see if I can get the games I want from SDM tomorrow. Hoping to get Pokemon Snap and Super Smash for Switch.

Thanks anyway!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10641 posts
4737 upvotes
Ontario
Andrew4Life wrote: Damn, I was just at Costco this weekend and I didn't see it.

Oh well, I'm gonna see if I can get the games I want from SDM tomorrow. Hoping to get Pokemon Snap and Super Smash for Switch.

Thanks anyway!
Its ymmv, some locations may not carry it
Jr. Member
Nov 11, 2010
185 posts
212 upvotes
GTA/Niagara
Andro wrote: Lol. Its been posted way before me in other threads. I just mentioned it again in that one. Its a regular price, not sale either. Newegg has deeper sales once in a while, those were hot

Do you want to make a thread for Xbox live gift cards, PSN too? Its fair to give exposure for everything Costco sells, no?

Mentioning it in thread is one thing, creating a new thread when its been a discussion for some time is another.
First time I've seen this deal, thanks OP!
Member
User avatar
Apr 6, 2003
446 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
The_Capn wrote: First time I've seen this deal, thanks OP!
Same here. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1180 posts
680 upvotes
savyzzyz wrote: You keep saying this but I still can't find a single reference to it since Feb:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/search.php?keywords=costco+eshop&sr=posts

I'll eat my words if you can produce a reasonable search that turns up even a couple of these "many other" mentions.
RFDs search function is so terrible... that's probably why you can't see it and the toxic deal addicts who are on here wayy too much also won't produce it. It's a good deal that I didn't know about because I don't have all day to scroll through everything on here. You brought it exposure to the more casual users like me, so thanks! Upvoted.
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2009
635 posts
197 upvotes
Pretty sure this is the new regular price at Costco in-store, great deal and doesn't seem to be going away.
Newbie
Aug 19, 2020
55 posts
187 upvotes
Can I use these gift cards for the online membership fees?
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 6, 2011
19 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
naointo wrote: Can I use these gift cards for the online membership fees?
Yes, last time I checked you could use available eshop funds to pay for NSO.
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 6, 2011
19 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
savyzzyz wrote: Yes, last time I checked you could use available eshop funds to pay for NSO.
I should add that if you want a family membership, you may need to first set a preferred auto-renewal method (CC or Paypal), but this doesn't get charged immediately. After setting it, you proceed to actually purchase the membership and can use eshop funds for that. You can also disable auto-renewal at that point.
Member
User avatar
May 22, 2021
264 posts
137 upvotes
PirateAngel3000 wrote: RFDs search function is so terrible... that's probably why you can't see it and the toxic deal addicts who are on here wayy too much also won't produce it. It's a good deal that I didn't know about because I don't have all day to scroll through everything on here. You brought it exposure to the more casual users like me, so thanks! Upvoted.
Same here, I didn't know of this. Thanks OP!
Newbie
Sep 19, 2015
15 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
savyzzyz wrote: I normally buy $99 for $93.99 from Costco online but ventured into a store (Mississauga, Dixie/Dundas) and spotted this. Best deal I've seen in a long time for physical cards (or eshop credit in general), and since it's 4 x $25, good for gifting smaller increments. Also no qty limit (AFAIK) unlike Costco online.
Andro wrote:
Lol. Its been posted way before me in other threads. I just mentioned it again in that one. Its a regular price, not sale either. Newegg has deeper sales once in a while, those were hot

Do you want to make a thread for Xbox live gift cards, PSN too? Its fair to give exposure for everything Costco sells, no?

Mentioning it in thread is one thing, creating a new thread when its been a discussion for some time is another.
Thanks OP! Especially for including the location. I haven't seen these at my location (Mississauga, Laird) in 3 months and thought it had been discontinued. I appreciate the post.

Top