• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 12:36 am
Dec 27, 2007
18790 posts
9925 upvotes
Kitchener
Vitalogy80 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:06 pm
So Kelowna had a bunch (20 or so) tags out but when I brought them up, they said they were told to stop selling them and were in the process of removing all the cards from the section now. Very strange...
lol ... so they have them but wont sell them ? because they were told not to ?!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1774 posts
463 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:12 pm
lol ... so they have them but wont sell them ? because they were told not to ?!
Yep, very strange...not sure what's going on. Still stock but they pulled them from the shelves
Dec 27, 2007
18790 posts
9925 upvotes
Kitchener
Guys, seriously, if you see cards don't inquire about stock, take the card to cashier and go through checkout, there is no hold in Coscto's system, if the store has stock logged in you will get charged and get a receipt for it, once you have that go to the service desk and ask for the item you just bought :)
If you don't get the switch out of it you will sure get a good "we are sorry" GC out of it. Asking before purchasing will just get you waved away.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1295 posts
179 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:16 pm
Guys, seriously, if you see cards don't inquire about stock, take the card to cashier and go through checkout, there is no hold in Coscto's system, if the store has stock logged in you will get charged and get a receipt for it, once you have that go to the service desk and ask for the item you just bought :)
If you don't get the switch out of it you will sure get a good "we are sorry" GC out of it. Asking before purchasing will just get you waved away.
This wasnt the case last week when I went in for the Apple TV, they made a big fuss and just refunded us... :(
True RFD spirit, care about every PENNY.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
Dec 27, 2007
18790 posts
9925 upvotes
Kitchener
tempta wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:26 pm
This wasnt the case last week when I went in for the Apple TV, they made a big fuss and just refunded us... :(
How high did you escalate this ? I mean online store is well stocked with the switch bundle, if someone is to find a card placed on the shelf, go through checkout and purchase it then go to customer service desk to pick it up just to be told "sorry the one you just purchased is actually on hold for someone who will come later on and purchase it" least to be done by a manager (in good will) is to place an online order for you at no extra charge, its not like you are getting reimbursed for time and gas wasted because of "them being lazy" not keeping the shelves properly stocked.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1288 posts
848 upvotes
St Catharines
x-batman wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:00 pm
Anyone have any news about the stock in St. Catharines?
I may check after work, but I'm not hopeful.
Nov 27, 2016
30 posts
14 upvotes
Any idea why they stopped selling them in Kelowna? Was this a price error that just got caught country-wide?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1288 posts
848 upvotes
St Catharines
aasoror wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:32 pm
How high did you escalate this ? I mean online store is well stocked with the switch bundle,
It is? I can't find any Switch hardware on Costco.ca.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1811 posts
205 upvotes
NB
Can you transfer saves if you have two switch consoles? Are any of them saved on the cartridge itself?
Dec 27, 2007
18790 posts
9925 upvotes
Kitchener
Vitalogy80 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:15 pm
Yep, very strange...not sure what's going on. Still stock but they pulled them from the shelves
Go check tomorrow and all the stock would have "magically" vanished overnight ;)
Dec 27, 2007
18790 posts
9925 upvotes
Kitchener
daddyho24 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:43 pm
It is? I can't find any Switch hardware on Costco.ca.
WoW, they took the page down just minutes ago !!
https://www.costco.ca/Nintendo-Switch-B ... 00593.html
May 30, 2018
50 posts
14 upvotes
I take it this couldnt have been price matched at any other store?

edit: nvm, a quick google search confirms it can't be done.
Sep 16, 2013
147 posts
77 upvotes
Medicine Hat, AB
I went and grabbed one in Medicine Hat. There were 2 more cards left on the display after I grabbed mine. The lady commented to me that these had been pretty popular and she thinks the bundles just arrived in the store recently. Maybe there was an error when inputting the bundles in the system hence why we are hearing about some stores pulling stock from the displays?
Dec 27, 2007
18790 posts
9925 upvotes
Kitchener
DealsLookout wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 4:13 pm
I can still access the Costco switch website. Price showing $496.89
lol, its up again!