Mar 31, 2017
731 posts
327 upvotes
Vancouver
Any in downtown Vancouver? I'm not putting my hopes up but doesn't hurt to ask
Jun 7, 2017
104 posts
88 upvotes
Saw some asian guy buy 12 of them at Edmonton North yesterday lol.

I guess you will see a bunch on Kijiji now.
Mar 31, 2017
731 posts
327 upvotes
Vancouver
Nevermind, I called Costco and downtown Van is definitely OOS

The lady on the other end said there might be 1 in Abbotsford and 1 in Port Coquitlam (and even then she wasn't certain) but there's definitely none left anywhere else in the area. Closest are 5 left in Kelowna according to her
Jun 12, 2018
2 posts
Vitalogy80 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:06 pm
So Kelowna had a bunch (20 or so) tags out but when I brought them up, they said they were told to stop selling them and were in the process of removing all the cards from the section now. Very strange...
Hi there; been a lurker on these forums for some time. Made an account to respond to you.

I bought the last bundle in Kelowna around 11:45am. When I took the card to checkout I was told it was the last one and an employee ran off to retrieve the rest of the cards (there were still a bunch hanging up when I grabbed mine). Not sure why they had more cards out than units remained.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4253 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener
MrToad wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 5:13 pm
2018/06/12 was on the sign in Medicine Hat, Alberta
Thanks.

I wonder if it's better to go on Monday or Tuesday now!
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2530 posts
561 upvotes
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 8:59 am
Hmmm spend $300+ for a system and then be stuck with $80 games forever (with the odd sprinkle of $50 games once a year). I will pass.
This thing is cracked wide open - custom firmware and backups coming soon. Free games if you're into that kind of thing.
Sep 14, 2010
465 posts
135 upvotes
Well thank god I couldnt find one since tonight I just watched nintendo's e3 presser. 30+ minutes of smash bros and not much else to show for. I'll wait a year and a price cut,
Dec 21, 2010
12 posts
23 upvotes
kelowna
Vitalogy80 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:06 pm
So Kelowna had a bunch (20 or so) tags out but when I brought them up, they said they were told to stop selling them and were in the process of removing all the cards from the section now. Very strange...
That is bizarre, glad I got mine last night before they closed. Very strange indeed.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4090 posts
640 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
spacesluggerr wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 8:36 pm
Anyone find anything at Burlington?
Burlington has been sold out for a while.... my sister picked me up the last one in London!!
Mar 6, 2011
21 posts
9 upvotes
Was just at Costco Waterloo, didn't even see a section for the Switch. My buddy told me he was able to get a employee at Best Buy to price match plus 10% off today. He made the associate call the local costco to verify the price lol
Aug 14, 2015
224 posts
166 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Malakhov wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 7:59 pm
Well thank god I couldnt find one since tonight I just watched nintendo's e3 presser. 30+ minutes of smash bros and not much else to show for. I'll wait a year and a price cut,
I used the same strategy on PS Vita and 5 years later, the price remained similar.
They just keep reiterating the console so a newly purchased PS Vita will remain at similar price.
Sometimes, they add in a newly released game so the price will remain similar - and by doing so, it's not worth getting a used console over a small price difference.
Smartphones though, is a completely different game - they depreciate like cars and laptops.

In any case, Nintendo console is usually more worth it cause they (deliberately?) almost always end up becoming hacked and all games become playable.

It'd be wiser to purchase games a year after launch rather than the console. Then again, Nintendo games have a slower depreciation rate than PS4/Xbox games for some odd reason.
Nov 7, 2017
250 posts
528 upvotes
mchan1 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 8:51 pm
Was just at Costco Waterloo, didn't even see a section for the Switch. My buddy told me he was able to get a employee at Best Buy to price match plus 10% off today. He made the associate call the local costco to verify the price lol
That's lucky, bestbuy isn't suppose to pricematch with stores that require memberships.