[Costco] Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphone QC35 $289.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 8:11 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1722 posts
1087 upvotes
Quebec
Can this kind of headphone also be used for videoconferencing? How is the microphone?
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1160 posts
883 upvotes
They don't sound the best, but they are ok and do provide good noise cancelling... they are also very comfortable.
Penalty Box
Jul 31, 2020
1160 posts
883 upvotes
Tristen wrote: Why make this statement? These are consistently rated as excellent headphones and, while the model is older now, still a good price. Also given it's through Costco, no real concerns with purchasing as the return policy allows for time to evaluate for yourself.
BOSE earned that statement over the years, these are good anc headphones but don't sound all that great for the price.
Nov 5, 2009
46 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
Balzard wrote: Can this kind of headphone also be used for videoconferencing? How is the microphone?
I rarely use my v2's for calls or video conferencing but apparently these are not the best. I was in a public setting and distinctly remember the person at the other end commenting on hearing "loud" background sounds I could barely hear even without the headphones on. I don't know if this has been or can be fixed by updates.

My only other complaint is that these use micro USB for charging. Seems petty but with most things now using usb-c, having an extra cable is a bit of a pain.

Otherwise these (again, v2's):
- are super comfortable - even on my gigantic head with glasses on, I don't feel the headphones or my glasses pressing into my head
- do make my ears get warm but not nearly as bad as with other closed headphones
- have decent sound quality
- have good active noise cancellation (very noticeable on airplanes whenever flying becomes a thing again)
- have really good battery life
- can pair with 2 devices simultaneously (though I wish I could pair more)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7292 posts
2171 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
I bought a refurbished Q35ii directly from the Bose store late last year for $179 - it looked brand new, and is supposed to be better than the first-gen.
Why is this so highly upvoted for a first-generation Q35 at a higher-price?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1492 posts
528 upvotes
vado66 wrote: I've had my QC35 for two years now, use them every day for hours on end and they are amazing. The most comfortable headphone i've ever owned and they have great sound quality. I find Bose gets a bad reputation from haters for no reason, their products are fantastic.
Some of their older products were very poorly constructed. I had 3 pairs of Triports that snapped in the exact same spot under normal use. They have improved in this area though over the years and the build quality is much better on these.

I agree on the comfort, I can wear them for hours and I can't do that with other brands, so even if they aren't the best sounding out of the ones I own, I opt to wear the QC 35's the most out of any pair I have.
Jun 15, 2019
232 posts
344 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: I bought a refurbished Q35ii directly from the Bose store late last year for $179 - it looked brand new, and is supposed to be better than the first-gen.
Because it's midsummer now and not Christmas season. And the Series 1 are identical to Series 2, except for that assistant/ANC intensity button. And it's from Costco, so at least 2 year warranty with great return policy if you change your mind.
Last edited by rokask on Jun 11th, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 6, 2019
271 posts
319 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: I bought a refurbished Q35ii directly from the Bose store late last year for $179 - it looked brand new, and is supposed to be better than the first-gen.
Unless you have a time machine, this is the best price for a pair of QC35s at the current time. Refurbs on the Bose website have been $285 for months.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4592 posts
2530 upvotes
rokask wrote: And it's from Costco, so at least 2 year warranty with great return policy if you change your mind.
you don't get extra warranty on headphones. But, their return policy is a perk so long as you don't abuse it.
Jun 15, 2019
232 posts
344 upvotes
hvc wrote: you don't get extra warranty on headphones. But, their return policy is a perk so long as you don't abuse it.
Huh... Thought costco had concierge services for all electronics, but I was wrong.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4592 posts
2530 upvotes
rokask wrote: Huh... Thought costco had concierge services for all electronics, but I was wrong.
They do, but headphones don't fall under "electronics" - ie you can return whenever (not 90 days). Costco's "electronics" are a defined range of products.
[OP]
Jul 28, 2017
308 posts
467 upvotes
hvc wrote: They do, but headphones don't fall under "electronics" - ie you can return whenever (not 90 days). Costco's "electronics" are a defined range of products.
That actually sounds pretty concerning. How do they make sure people don’t return the headphone a long time after especially given the significant depreciation on electronics?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4592 posts
2530 upvotes
HenryC422053 wrote: That actually sounds pretty concerning. How do they make sure people don’t return the headphone a long time after especially given the significant depreciation on electronics?
Same way they make sure for all of the other items they sell.. lol they don't.
Jun 15, 2001
504 posts
160 upvotes
T.O.
NightRain wrote: many people will never use the digital assistant button anyway. might as well save a lot of money
I use the multi-function button on the QC35-II to cycle noise cancellation off/low/high. I can't imagine NOT having this very handy feature.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2139 posts
1366 upvotes
Kitchener
vado66 wrote: I've had my QC35 for two years now, use them every day for hours on end and they are amazing. The most comfortable headphone i've ever owned and they have great sound quality. I find Bose gets a bad reputation from haters for no reason, their products are fantastic.
It's based on their products for consumer home theaters mainly - they were very expensive, did not sound that great, but had great marketing and had a high WAF (Wife Acceptance factor) due to their small size. Add in some ppl saw them as a status symbol to have them in their home and didn't really care about how they sounded. Those ppl would brag non stop about how good their BOSE home theater was... being douche..

These for example - Acoustimass® 10 Series - https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/support/produ ... ries3.html

As a person that sold them back in the day, I get the hate for them in that context.

But that beings said, and as others have pointed out, in the Headphone game, BT speakers they have done really well and the price is not horrible.

Edit: I should also add many ppl aslo hate them for feeling they got ripped off spending 4 -5K on a system to then go hear a 1 - 2K system at a friends home that sounds much better...
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1855 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
iSimple wrote: Buy Other Sound Equipment?
So old and it still gets upvotes?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14650 posts
8816 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I bought these in Dec’16, have replaced the pads and they still work great, battery lasts all day for my kid who uses them now. More comfortable than my 700’s, however the 700’s have better ANC, better mics, and Alexa voice built-in.
Mar 28, 2021
19 posts
51 upvotes
QC35 are some of the best headphones I've ever used. Phenomenal quality, but the comfort is where they really shine. Just ludicrously comfortable, and I say that as a dude with a big ol' head, where it doesn't take much for headphones to feel tight.

This is a phenomenal price.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15537 posts
7018 upvotes
Ottawa
iSimple wrote: Buy Other Sound Equipment?
Really? Is posting "Buy Other Sound Equipment?" still considered clever and hilarious?

Come on, this is 2021, at least post a proper meme GIF if you are going to make the effort.

Here, I googled one for you.

download.png
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.