Quick, simple and accurate
6 in 1 functions
Body temperature
Surface temperature
Ambient temperature
High temperature alarm
Memorize 32 test data
3 colours display
Same one goes for 29.99 at Amazon @ https://www.amazon.ca/Medical-Infrared- ... 28&sr=8-29
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' list of the best baby thermometers!
37 replies
Oct 2, 2007
866 posts
386 upvotes
Montreal
Interesting, would have pulled the trigger but Costco says "This product is unavailable for delivery in XXX XXX. Enter a different delivery postal code to check for item availability." Oh well, thanks for the share nonetheless!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8721 posts
2369 upvotes
Can i use this on food? What about on an infant? Or the floor to detect cold spots in the winter?
Mar 6, 2012
767 posts
252 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: Can i use this on food? What about on an infant? Or the floor to detect cold spots in the winter?
For food you'll get the outside temperature of something but the inside temp usually isn't the same so I wouldn't say it's reliable for that. You could use it to check oil, water, or pan/pot temperature though. For an infant, these things usually emit a little red laser do so as long as you make sure you shield their eyes you should be ok. As for cold spots, I guess it could work for wall surface and such.

This is a surface thermometer so it gives you the temperature of the surface you point it at.
Sep 19, 2005
758 posts
769 upvotes
nice find!
what's the range of temperature that it can check accurately?
Nov 24, 2010
181 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Ordered. With Costco you can never go wrong :)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
4608 posts
4039 upvotes
Toronto
According to the Amazon page, you need to take readings from 1-5cm away from the surface.

I was thinking about this to check the temp of my Ooni pizza oven stone, but it would be like Raiders if I got my hand and the thermometer close enough to the 900+ degree stone.

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 17th, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: picture removed (inappropriate)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2604 posts
2534 upvotes
Montreal, QC
seems like a good deal
but one of the reviews says the read is inaccurate?
May 5, 2021
441 posts
232 upvotes
West GTA
Wanted one. Can’t add to cart though -

2550CMN3101E The system is unavailable due to "{0}".

Feb 26, 2014
80 posts
41 upvotes
DARTMOUTH
Thanks OP. Just as an FYI, bought one of these from Costco to use as a thermometer to monitor our kids' fevers (when they crop up). Do not recommend for this purpose as the readings were wildly inaccurate. We ended up buying an in-ear thermometer instead.

Might be fine for food, water temperature, etc.
Feb 9, 2008
555 posts
117 upvotes
I picked up a similar looking one off Amazon a year ago, it seemed accurate when checking my normal temperature (compared to a regular thermometer), but when I had a fever the temperature showed lower than a regular thermometer. Mine had two modes, person and object.

You can only confirm whether this is accurate if you test someone who has a fever.
May 27, 2007
273 posts
166 upvotes
Alekxqin wrote: seems like a good deal
but one of the reviews says the read is inaccurate?
I ordered one - Staples has same model at $51.99 with 31 reviews and a rating of 4.4 so hopefully will work ok.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2007
2770 posts
1883 upvotes
Ottawa
I got the same one at Costco store for $9.97 a couple months ago, the one I got on the box stating that "Non Medical Use", so do not expect a high accuracy from it, if you just want an approximate temperature, it works well, the measuring range is 32 to 42.9 Celsius degrees.
Feb 19, 2018
453 posts
439 upvotes
Montréal, QC
alwaysbuylow wrote: I got the same one at Costco store for $9.97 a couple months ago, the one I got on the box stating that "Non Medical Use", so do not expect a high accuracy from it, if you just want an approximate temperature, it works well, the measuring range is 32 to 42.9 Celsius degrees.
This says approved by Health Canada? Did yours say the same?