Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] NordicTrack Equipment Floor Mat $37.99 80” x 40” x.15”

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2020 1:50 pm
Newbie
Jun 4, 2019
36 posts
33 upvotes
Trooper11 wrote: This NordicTrack mat seems like a decent deal, if you need a mat for your spin bike etc.
$37.99
80” x 40” X.15”
i was just looking at these yesterday, would you know how these compare to more traditional gym mats?

i was looking at this on amazon and these ones look a little thicker.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00K2T ... EEQB&psc=1

I'm trying to get a bench and do weights on it. Would anyone know what type would be better? first time setting up a home gym
Jr. Member
May 16, 2015
112 posts
38 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
mohamade wrote: Is this the one $29.99 in store?
Is this one available in the store at a cheaper price? Anybody know?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2004
1093 posts
363 upvotes
Markham
Malicium wrote: i was just looking at these yesterday, would you know how these compare to more traditional gym mats?

i was looking at this on amazon and these ones look a little thicker.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00K2T ... EEQB&psc=1

I'm trying to get a bench and do weights on it. Would anyone know what type would be better? first time setting up a home gym
Foam mats aren't very durable. They don't offer much protection for your floor and it doesn't take much weight to drop and split the foam. They're fine for bodies hitting them during exercise. Not so good for weights.

Horse stall mats have long been used for gyms. They smell like crap for a couple weeks (leave them outside), and they are heavy and hard to move around, but they offer much more protection for your floor.
These do go on sale every once in a while
https://www.tscstores.com/4-X-6-X-34-RU ... 14214.aspx

Member
Dec 9, 2013
472 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
bdckr wrote: Foam mats aren't very durable. They don't offer much protection for your floor and it doesn't take much weight to drop and split the foam. They're fine for bodies hitting them during exercise. Not so good for weights.

Horse stall mats have long been used for gyms. They smell like crap for a couple weeks (leave them outside), and they are heavy and hard to move around, but they offer much more protection for your floor.
These do go on sale every once in a while
https://www.tscstores.com/4-X-6-X-34-RU ... 14214.aspx

What if I want to lay an entire room with multiple mats? Just lay them together and they won't move like the puzzle shaped rubber mats?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2004
1093 posts
363 upvotes
Markham
miscbrah1 wrote: What if I want to lay an entire room with multiple mats? Just lay them together and they won't move like the puzzle shaped rubber mats?
If you're doing a whole room, you'll run into a few problems.

1) they're 1/2" or 3/4" thick. So they're get in the way of most doors that need to open over them.
2) they are thick and hard to cut. Unless your room is the perfect size and orientation, you won't be able to fill the whole room with this as flooring, unless you're willing to do some cutting.

I've got two 4x6 mats (and a few cut smaller pieces) in my home gym in the basement. They're lying on peel and stick linoleum. Maybe once a year, the hairline crack between them gets noticeably bigger, and then I just shove them closer together
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
2590 posts
3525 upvotes
BC
miscbrah1 wrote: What if I want to lay an entire room with multiple mats? Just lay them together and they won't move like the puzzle shaped rubber mats?
You want to stagger them when laying it down, which might not be possible in a smaller area. Can also use black duct tape on the seams keep them together
Newbie
Aug 5, 2020
26 posts
13 upvotes
Building on those recommending horse stall mats...search for stores around you. Whether it's a store that sells rubber products or an actual farm store. I went to a place that had "2nd" mats, so basically their rejects. Still decent quality, just a little dirty and not in immaculate shape. They would still do the trick and would obviously be cheaper. I did ultimately end up going for their proper crossfit mats (which are basically just horse stall mats anyways).

It is a pain to haul and "install," but for the look and feel it was the best solution for me. I did my whole garage, if you have a smaller area it may make more sense to do something smaller or the interlocking ones. You do have to cut some depending on the edges, doors, etc. but it's not super bad as long as you have a standard sized space. You don't want to have to get too cute with the cuts that's for sure.

I didn't tape them together or anything like that and there will be some movement in between, but they largely stay in place. As a previous poster said, just push them together every one in awhile and you're set.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but for a 4X6 (feet) mat I think I paid something like 80-90 bucks each.
Member
Sep 22, 2010
404 posts
369 upvotes
Victoria
Just a thought, but for those of you that get gaps between the mats, would lining them up tightly, then shimming the gap between the edge of the mat and the wall not keep things together? Obviously if you don't have a wall or something to shim against.....
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2014
739 posts
341 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Could I put this on my covered balcony as a mat? Like is it weather proof?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
2590 posts
3525 upvotes
BC
panckage wrote: Could I put this on my covered balcony as a mat? Like is it weather proof?
If you're putting it outside I recommend getting mats with buttons on the bottom which allows airflow. Otherwise you might get some funky stuff growing underneath

Image
Jr. Member
May 24, 2003
135 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting for the nordictrack 1750 sale but do I need a mat for the machine? What does it do?
Jr. Member
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Neo wrote: Waiting for the nordictrack 1750 sale but do I need a mat for the machine? What does it do?
Says in the product description....

Protects floors from scratches and scuffs
Reduces noise and vibration
Adds shock absorption
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1268 posts
693 upvotes
CALGARY
Neo wrote: Waiting for the nordictrack 1750 sale but do I need a mat for the machine? What does it do?
It was on sale last week at local CT, not listed online though for $2229.
Jr. Member
May 24, 2003
135 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
cec4111 wrote: It was on sale last week at local CT, not listed online though for $2229.
damn!

guess will wait for the next one.

It's on sale now for $1800 but the older version.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
3720 posts
680 upvotes
Newbury, ON
Neo wrote: damn!

guess will wait for the next one.

It's on sale now for $1800 but the older version.
1750 looks like a very well made machine. Too bad about the iFit software, after 1 free year its $39/month

Top