Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

NordicTrack GX 3.9 spin bike $399

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2020 11:13 pm
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
Interested in getting this for my elderly parents who can't take walks safely in winter.. not sure what to get. Was thinking between this versus recumbent versus tread. .

Hmmm
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
Wait really? You can pair this to Peleton and take live classes?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1122 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes, you would have to sign up for peloton monthly, you can hookup a heart monitor and a cadence sensor to do a diy peloton but it's not the same as having a peloton. You still lose some features
Nov 12, 2019
14 posts
26 upvotes
Anyone got YouTube spinning videos they’d recommend?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7008 posts
6858 upvotes
Ottawa
HN12345 wrote: I'll put on my trainer hat to say that the best piece of equipment is the one that gets you to use it most consistently :) It's the same with any training program, meal program or diet. They all work to varying degrees but the best ones are the ones that you can adhere to for the long run.
Exactly. So many joked about my new treadmill becoming a clothes holder lol. It was replacing a heavily used one in my home gym. Even after telling people that, it was "sure believe when see it" .

Ok Karen, keep eating those donuts lol.
Nov 21, 2014
145 posts
183 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
pennywize wrote: How does this bike compare to the ones at the Gym (GoodLife) ? Good for a beginner?
The bikes at Goodlife are far more advanced, using magnetic rather than friction based resistance, and belt rather than chain drive. Both differences equate to a smoother, quieter ride with less maintenance requirements. The actual bikes they use vary from location to location, but I've seen Keiser M3 and Schwin AC Performance+ Carbon Blue. The problem being those run $2500-3000. I can't speak to the Costco model in terms of quality, but for beginners it's certainly a more palatable price point.
Wait really? You can pair this to Peleton and take live classes?
I've been looking at a Peleton-less Peloton setup myself lately. To be able to completely follow along you on your own equipment, you'll need to be able to measure your cadence, resistance, heart rate, and power(watts). The Costco bike does none of that on its own, so you'd have to get cadence and heart rate sensors (Wahoo makes cheap and reliable models of both in the $50-100 range). Power is a lot harder/pricier to get, and would require a pedal arm device in the $400-500 range. Resistance seems impossible to get via add-ons, so you'd have to follow based on personal observation of the bike's resistance. The cheapest spin bike I saw that measured all of these with its own computer was $1.2k on a store brand bike.

The Peloton app doesn't accept any data input, so any cadence, etc. data you're providing will have to be followed along with on a bike computer or separate app. Using the Peloton app vs. bike, you still get access to all the classes, but don't have access to leaderboards or performance tracking, but the later can easily be handled by other apps.
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1263 upvotes
banzaikitty wrote: The bikes at Goodlife are far more advanced, using magnetic rather than friction based resistance, and belt rather than chain drive. Both differences equate to a smoother, quieter ride with less maintenance requirements. The actual bikes they use vary from location to location, but I've seen Keiser M3 and Schwin AC Performance+ Carbon Blue. The problem being those run $2500-3000. I can't speak to the Costco model in terms of quality, but for beginners it's certainly a more palatable price point.
Fyi, this one has a belt drive so for this price I think it's a good deal.
Feb 21, 2007
907 posts
787 upvotes
I don't get Peleton. I'd rather watch a TV show than watch other people biking.
Dec 24, 2007
218 posts
128 upvotes
Montreal
HN12345 wrote: This is why I love Costco, their regular price is already better than other retail stores and with the sale, that's a double bonus :)

Ordered one, thanks OP. I go to the gym everyday but rather lift weights during that valuable time. Whenever I do cardio at the gym, I feel like I'm wasting that time away but at home I can go leisurely while watching something productive on the bigscreen.
Ordered one as well. Winter sucks so may as well watch some Netflix and burn some Lay's chips.
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1263 upvotes
lanslord wrote: I don't get Peleton. I'd rather watch a TV show than watch other people biking.
I think the idea is to make you feel like you are part of the class and having a "live" instructor guide you through the classes. It adds elements of instruction, motivation, accountability and progression through stat tracking. I think the membership price is a bit steep for a virtual trainer but again, if it gets someone to exercise consistently than I'm sure it'd be worth it.

I don't have an issue with motivating myself to exercise, in fact I probably exercise too much at twice a day. I have a problem with not being able to single-task so I figure that this will get me to watch my productivity videos while I leisurely bike away. My goal is to do my strength training at noon, then 45 mins of light-moderate cardio every evening while I'm watching a course at the same time. It's a win-win if I can be consistent with it.
Apr 28, 2012
78 posts
20 upvotes
NEPEAN
Anyone know what the min/max height is for this bike? Or is that even a concern with stationary bikes?

I'm 6'2" and can't find anything around recommended heights for this bike to know if this would work for me...

Also, looks like the seat has a similar mounting bracket to regular bikes, so maybe you can replace the seat?
Aug 8, 2010
361 posts
324 upvotes
Quebec
giggitygiggity wrote: Anyone know what the min/max height is for this bike? Or is that even a concern with stationary bikes?

I'm 6'2" and can't find anything around recommended heights for this bike to know if this would work for me...

Also, looks like the seat has a similar mounting bracket to regular bikes, so maybe you can replace the seat?
Fitness Avenue list max capacity as 250 lbs. As for for height, I have yet to come across a bike that won’t adjust to my 6’4”. I’m about to pull the trigger, I’ll report back in a week. it’s Costco after all.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
HN12345 wrote: I think the idea is to make you feel like you are part of the class and having a "live" instructor guide you through the classes. It adds elements of instruction, motivation, accountability and progression through stat tracking. I think the membership price is a bit steep for a virtual trainer but again, if it gets someone to exercise consistently than I'm sure it'd be worth it.

I don't have an issue with motivating myself to exercise, in fact I probably exercise too much at twice a day. I have a problem with not being able to single-task so I figure that this will get me to watch my productivity videos while I leisurely bike away. My goal is to do my strength training at noon, then 45 mins of light-moderate cardio every evening while I'm watching a course at the same time. It's a win-win if I can be consistent with it.
I had the same opinion before researching it and speaking to others. I have spoken to many colleagues who coughed up the investment in the bike and all of them stand by the investment. Their feedback is not only is the bike rock solid but the classes, leaderboards and data it provides is an experience they can’t seem to replicate otherwise.

I asked the question because I was an x personal trainer so motivation isn’t my concern rather performance of the bike coupled with the what I would get and miss out with the Peleton eco system.

Now haven’t spoken to people who have tried it with a random bike vs investing in the entire ecosystem, almost all have admitted that investing in the full eco system would have been better. Those that have already have no regrets. Yes that is what my weekend was all about. Harassing a dozen people to give me advise

I’m gonna wait for the bf sale and get the peleton
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7811 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
sks8100 wrote: I had the same opinion before researching it and speaking to others. I have spoken to many colleagues who coughed up the investment in the bike and all of them stand by the investment. Their feedback is not only is the bike rock solid but the classes, leaderboards and data it provides is an experience they can’t seem to replicate otherwise.

I asked the question because I was an x personal trainer so motivation isn’t my concern rather performance of the bike coupled with the what I would get and miss out with the Peleton eco system.

Now haven’t spoken to people who have tried it with a random bike vs investing in the entire ecosystem, almost all have admitted that investing in the full eco system would have been better. Those that have already have no regrets. Yes that is what my weekend was all about. Harassing a dozen people to give me advise

I’m gonna wait for the bf sale and get the peleton
You can do both. Get the Costco, hold and wait to see what BF brings. As an aside, check to see if your Health Plan will cover the Peleton subscription. Our HR has okayed it for subsidies as a Good Life alternative.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7811 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Konowl wrote: Exactly. So many joked about my new treadmill becoming a clothes holder lol. It was replacing a heavily used one in my home gym. Even after telling people that, it was "sure believe when see it" .

Ok Karen, keep eating those donuts lol.
That's because people are, by and large, lazy. My colleagues looked at me like I grew an extra head when they discovered I had an under desk peddling setup. I mean...I'm at my desk for at least 4+ hours a day, might as well burn some calories.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: You can do both. Get the Costco, hold and wait to see what BF brings. As an aside, check to see if your Health Plan will cover the Peleton subscription. Our HR has okayed it for subsidies as a Good Life alternative.
That’s pretty cool. I work for a bank. Cheap as F. No subsidies here.
Nov 21, 2014
145 posts
183 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
sks8100 wrote: I’m gonna wait for the bf sale and get the peleton

If you're going to get a Peloton, place the order now, before Black Friday. You'll get the bike sooner as BF will have a demand spike, creating a backlog you might get stuck in. From speaking to, and corresponding with (so I have it in writing) a Peloton kiosk employee, they will honour any BF promotions if ordered now/that occur in your 30 day trial window.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
banzaikitty wrote: If you're going to get a Peloton, place the order now, before Black Friday. You'll get the bike sooner as BF will have a demand spike, creating a backlog you might get stuck in. From speaking to, and corresponding with (so I have it in writing) a Peloton kiosk employee, they will honour any BF promotions if ordered now/that occur in your 30 day trial window.
The BF prices are already in effect on their site
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
one more day left before sale ends.

58 left as of 10am EST was like 100+ yesterday morning..
Last edited by wakka2u on Nov 19th, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.