Vancouver store has both XC27 and XC29
Burnaby has 5 of XC27 (there were 6 but I got one) - price 379.99

Hurry up guys!
19 replies
Aug 16, 2009
323 posts
280 upvotes
Vancouver
that's quite a lot cheaper than they were selling for online last week!
Oct 29, 2018
208 posts
189 upvotes
electric0ant wrote: that's quite a lot cheaper than they were selling for online last week!
Online prices have shipping charge priced in, that's why online at costco will always be higher than in store.
Sep 26, 2013
538 posts
1046 upvotes
NayonTutu wrote: Online prices have shipping charge priced in, that's why online at costco will always be higher than in store.
Online was 449.99. So it's a lot more expensive. I don't think shipping should cost 80 dallors plust tax. and I believe most store has these bikes assemblied already so save also on that.
I would say this is a way better deal.
Dec 12, 2013
298 posts
157 upvotes
Mississauga
They had stock in the Grimsby store over the weekend as well
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1409 posts
1558 upvotes
Good price, no doubt.

But in Vancouver, the fall rain is coming, so not much time left to ride before winter is upon us unless you're hard core w/ lights, rain gear and mud guards/fenders.

Is it worth to buy and store for next spring/summer?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2051 posts
5170 upvotes
Vancouver
frugal69 wrote: Good price, no doubt.

But in Vancouver, the fall rain is coming, so not much time left to ride before winter is upon us unless you're hard core w/ lights, rain gear and mud guards/fenders.

1) It's still August. Winter often doesn't arrive until after Halloween.
2) Even during winter, it's still pretty nice here! Don't need to be "hard core" to bike when it's cloudy or drizzling a bit. Everyone should have a bike light :)
Jan 22, 2012
136 posts
193 upvotes
VANCOUVER
tom8823 wrote: Vancouver store has both XC27 and XC29
Burnaby has 5 of XC27 (there were 6 but I got one) - price 379.99

Hurry up guys!
Pretty sure they are all gone. Was there around 7:30 pm and only saw a few infinity bikes left.

I do wonder who assembles these bikes Thinking Face
[OP]
Nov 22, 2018
72 posts
176 upvotes
Vancouver
WestCoastR wrote: Pretty sure they are all gone. Was there around 7:30 pm and only saw a few infinity bikes left.

Well let me tell you that I had to do a lot of adjustments at home. Both front and rear brakes were rubbing and it wasn't easy to center them. None of the solution from Youtube worked. Unscrewing bolts and pressing brake and tightening bolts back simply didn't do anything. I had to move calipers fraction of millimeters left and right and it was very frustrating. Either something is wrong with my unit or... I have no idea.

Front rubber on wheel needed lubrication because it was squeaking. Also rear tire is wobbling, but checked YouTube and a lot of people complain about Maxxis tires wobbling.

Finally after all that effort I took the bike for a spin around the condo and unfortunately looks like I am going to return my XC27. I was hunting for it for 2 months, finally got it and it looks so cool but I can barely pedal on that thing. The tires are just too thick and have such a grip that I need to put a lot of effort to go uphill on a freaking asphalt! I don't even want to think of going uphill on trails.

I even increased pressure in tires from 20PSI to 35PSI and it helped just a little bit.

Looks like I need a hybrid bike like CTM.
Feb 28, 2011
711 posts
1703 upvotes
ottawa
WestCoastR wrote: Pretty sure they are all gone. Was there around 7:30 pm and only saw a few infinity bikes left.

There is a reason why any bike, that sold in a bike store, any bike expensive or otherwise is assembled and adjusted by a qualified tech before given to the buyer. This makes the world of difference in further reliability and ride quality. I know it’s another expense but, there is a reason why Giant or Specialized or other brand bikes that sold in specialty stores are more expensive. These bikes handed to the buyer fully adjusted and in many cases include annual adjustments for a period of time. Depending on a bike store.
Myself, I ride expensive road bike which is always taken care by a pro tech. This time, I purchased couple of northrock bikes from Costco for my family and right away I gave them to my friend who is a pro bike tech. He spent 3 hours assembling and adjusting those bikes.
Last edited by gena_mak on Aug 24th, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3910 posts
6254 upvotes
Langley, BC
tom8823 wrote: I even increased pressure in tires from 20PSI to 35PSI and it helped just a little bit.
That's pretty low PSI, what's written on the sidewall?

If you flip the bike upside down, do the wheels spin freely?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2204 posts
967 upvotes

It's quite sunny during winter. It think rain has slowed down a lot these few years. That's how I felt.
I wouldn't electric scooter in winter but biking for sure. This is due to heat from exercise.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5271 posts
3735 upvotes
Vancouver

Honestly even with the rain, it might be better to travel with bike these days given all the bike lanes/car detours depending on where you live/go. You end up with a light workout and might actually get to your destination sooner... (at least in Vancouver)
Dec 2, 2006
248 posts
163 upvotes
Chilliwack
Just picked one up for my 17yr old son from Abbottsford. There are probably 5 or 6 of each 27" and 29" bikes left there.
It's been a VERY long time since I have done anything with bikes... Is there anything I should be doing with this bike before my son starts actively using it - beyond making sure the nuts are tight and the tires are aired up? He doesn't trail ride, this will be pavement only riding - but he's 6'3" and north of 300lbs. Hopefully this will be a good bike for him as I want him to start riding a lot more for exercise and going to and from school.
'Twixt Light and Darkness... SShadow
Jan 4, 2016
327 posts
393 upvotes
Calgary
SShadow wrote: Just picked one up for my 17yr old son from Abbottsford. There are probably 5 or 6 of each 27" and 29" bikes left there.
It's been a VERY long time since I have done anything with bikes... Is there anything I should be doing with this bike before my son starts actively using it - beyond making sure the nuts are tight and the tires are aired up? He doesn't trail ride, this will be pavement only riding - but he's 6'3" and north of 300lbs. Hopefully this will be a good bike for him as I want him to start riding a lot more for exercise and going to and from school.
jeez i dont have any advice for you but 17 y/o 6'3 300lbs, lets sign him to the NFL
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2643 posts
1245 upvotes
GTA
azraelluz wrote: Online was 449.99. So it's a lot more expensive. I don't think shipping should cost 80 dallors plust tax.
Your calculations are off by 10$

Xc29 was 499 online so if its at 379 then irs best deal i saw on that bike
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Dec 2, 2006
248 posts
163 upvotes
Chilliwack
sipjd65 wrote: jeez i dont have any advice for you but 17 y/o 6'3 300lbs, lets sign him to the NFL
You have no idea how much I wanted him to get into football. But he has ZERO interest. Sigh. So much for living vicariously through my son!
'Twixt Light and Darkness... SShadow
Jan 11, 2009
298 posts
432 upvotes
Mississauga
I'll be returning XC27 and XCW if anyone wants one in Mississauga. $550 and $540. DM Me.
Aug 27, 2021
5 posts
2 upvotes
going to check out xc 27, thanks for sharing