• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 8:51 pm
[OP]
Feb 21, 2011
75 posts
95 upvotes
Canada

Costco Northrock Fat Bikes Back in Stock

Back in stock: Northrock Fat Tire Bikes.

XC00 model in what looks to be olive color at $469. This is $20 cheaper than last week's black model. 7-speed drivetrain.

https://www.costco.ca/northrock-xc00-fa ... 17805.html

XCF model at $579. This is the newer fat bike with 10-speed drivetrain. (UPDATE: SOLD OUT)

https://www.costco.ca/northrock-xcf-66- ... 74108.html

Concerning the XCF model, it was available in-store for $499 just before the xmas holidays, so there is a bit of inflation but keep in mind that online purchases include free delivery.
Last edited by nikotine30 on Jan 17th, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
18 replies
Jul 23, 2011
633 posts
1601 upvotes
Ottawa
Your XCF link didn’t work for me.

Looks like it’s OOS.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2011
75 posts
95 upvotes
Canada
cain2589 wrote: Your XCF link didn’t work for me.

Looks like it’s OOS.
Looks like the XCF is already out of stock. The other model XC00 is still available.
Dec 10, 2006
345 posts
88 upvotes
Crazy xcf sold out like instantly! Grabbed the XC00... Hoping XCF comes back and I can just returned unopened or sell at cost to someone here...
[OP]
Feb 21, 2011
75 posts
95 upvotes
Canada
I was able to order the XCF!

I already had ordered an XC00 from last week (on backorder) which I plan to cancel.
Dec 10, 2006
345 posts
88 upvotes
Nice congratulations! Where do u plan on riding? Hoping to take mine out to HydroCut
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21744 posts
24891 upvotes
Toronto
I see people in Toronto sometimes riding these on smooth, flat pavement. Looks like a great way to make the workout a little tougher.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Jun 1, 2005
103 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Just wondering if fat tire is suitable to ride in the summer.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2011
75 posts
95 upvotes
Canada
dex126 wrote: Nice congratulations! Where do u plan on riding? Hoping to take mine out to HydroCut
Congrats to you as well for snagging the XC00. I actually prefer the olive green paint job to black.

I live in Montreal. Not sure where I will ride other than the streets and city parks. I know there are some trails outside the city, but I prefer not having to mount the bike to the car.

Hydrocut Waterloo looks amazing. Is it open in winter?
Dec 10, 2006
345 posts
88 upvotes
nikotine30 wrote: Congrats to you as well for snagging the XC00. I actually prefer the olive green paint job to black.

I live in Montreal. Not sure where I will ride other than the streets and city parks. I know there are some trails outside the city, but I prefer not having to mount the bike to the car.

Hydrocut Waterloo looks amazing. Is it open in winter?
Yup open as long as the ground is frozen!

I checked out a pretty cool place in Terrebonne this past summer . If you get a chance to mount it to your car it's a pretty cool place. Also of you download an app call TrailForks it will show you any trails within your area.
Jul 30, 2012
643 posts
781 upvotes
Tire replacements look expensive (26.0 x 4.0). Anyone know what kind of lifespan to expect (combination of road/trail)?
Nov 23, 2012
370 posts
244 upvotes
Brossard
creatine wrote: Just wondering if fat tire is suitable to ride in the summer.
Suitable - yes. Ideal - no. It's a pain in the butt vs a "regular" mountain bike tho.

The "balloon" tires are for "buoyancy" and lower tire pressure to ride on snow / sand.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2011
75 posts
95 upvotes
Canada
DealRNothing wrote: Tire replacements look expensive (26.0 x 4.0). Anyone know what kind of lifespan to expect (combination of road/trail)?
Canadian Tire sells a Kenda fat bike tire for $58 which is the same dimensions and brand as the original tire on the Northrock bike. It's not the same model, however.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/kend ... #store=627
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3638 posts
2587 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
creatine wrote: Just wondering if fat tire is suitable to ride in the summer.
I would be a great 'on beach' bike. Not so much on hard surfaces. There's a reason road bikes have thin tires.
Aug 27, 2005
70 posts
7 upvotes
I bought a XC00 hasn't shipped yet but planning to return it. PM me if someone is interested.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2011
75 posts
95 upvotes
Canada
My XCF got delivered today and I just finished assembling it.

I am 5'6" and it's borderline too large for me. Without shoes, the top bar touches my sensitive man parts when I stand over the bike.

I also wish the seatpost would go a bit lower. At the minimum height, there is around 3.0 or 3.5 inches still protruding out of the tube.