• Aug 5th, 2019 1:39 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1473 posts
609 upvotes
Quebec
LankanGuy wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:45 am
I’m 5’7 barely have any clearance when standing, I had move seat up as well. It is do able but might not be best. Worst case you can return it.
And at 5'7, do you still feel comfortable or do you wish you were 1 or 2 inches taller? I'm 5'7 too.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2016
124 posts
111 upvotes
j9a3s5
I ordered online. I am 5'7" too so i hope it will fit. If not, are there any problems to return online purchases to Costco stores?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2591 posts
1425 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
ReDiva wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 8:17 am
I ordered online. I am 5'7" too so i hope it will fit. If not, are there any problems to return online purchases to Costco stores?
Not to my knowledge. Costco has quite possibly the best 'no hassle' return policy ever.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2016
124 posts
111 upvotes
j9a3s5
Thanks for answering that. I never returned online purchases before.
Jun 14, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Hippieson wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 6:24 am
I am 5'6" and bought a used model from previous years (red accents on the frame). I have been riding around Vancouver for a few days and it is doable for someone my height however be aware that you will be riding while constantly leaning fully forward and *just* within reach of the shifter/brake levers on the hoods. The top tube/crotch clearance is not an issue, I've ridden bikes with much higher top tubes and you learn to adjust. I'm gonna move the seat to be in the forward most position and angle the handlebar lower so the drops are better within reach. This is not the ideal size for my height and somebody with a weak back may have issues, but it's a great bike, amazing value and still rideable. I definitely don't recommend this to anybody shorter than 5'6".

Also FYI, those bright accents can be removed from the wheels (stickers) but not the frame..
Just purchased online. This is my first bike, apart from crappy Canadian Tire mountain bikes growing up. Hopefully it's a good experience!
Nov 30, 2003
192 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
DavidC11126 wrote: Just purchased online. This is my first bike, apart from crappy Canadian Tire mountain bikes growing up. Hopefully it's a good experience!
Best of luck! The nice thing is that you can ensure it's put together right when you order it online. You can optimize the bike to your liking as much as possible. Move the seat as forward as possible and make sure you can reach the brake while your hands are on the hoods and in the drops. The angle of the handlebar can also make a difference.
Sep 30, 2013
265 posts
198 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks OP - bought one.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2016
124 posts
111 upvotes
j9a3s5
Bought one from the internet for 499+tx. Delivery was surprisingly quick (second day).

I got it assembled today just to see that it's too big for me. I'll return it tomorrow.

If anyone in Ottawa/Gatineau area wants it, i can hold on it for a few days. Will sell for same as i bought (499+tx) and you'll be saving the assembling fee from the bike shop (that's unrefundable for me anyway).

PM me to let me know.
Feb 21, 2018
10 posts
13 upvotes
I'm 5'10 and bought the SCR1 a few months ago for $ 599 + tax, I have a fairly symmetrical body and it fits me perfectly. I love riding it around the city. At this price, would definitely recommend!!!
[OP]
Dec 23, 2016
124 posts
111 upvotes
j9a3s5
AnishD984845 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 9:26 pm
I'm 5'10 and bought the SCR1 a few months ago for $ 599 + tax, I have a fairly symmetrical body and it fits me perfectly. I love riding it around the city. At this price, would definitely recommend!!!
That's great. I am 5'7" and it's definitely too big for me.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2016
124 posts
111 upvotes
j9a3s5
ReDiva wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 9:18 pm
If anyone in Ottawa/Gatineau area wants it, i can hold on it for a few days.
Returned to Costco tonight.
Dec 10, 2016
37 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Guys,
need info & recommendation, thanks in advance

I had bought XCW Unisex 26" for $399.99+tax from costco and
now I got XC27 27" for $299.97+tax and now I want to return XCW which I bought around 2 months ago

What reason do I have to tell so that my return is accepted?
Nov 8, 2012
212 posts
247 upvotes
TORONTO
sumanpintoo wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 11:55 am
Guys,
need info & recommendation, thanks in advance

I had bought XCW Unisex 26" for $399.99+tax from costco and
now I got XC27 27" for $299.97+tax and now I want to return XCW which I bought around 2 months ago

What reason do I have to tell so that my return is accepted?
Just stare at Costco employees when that question is asked. Or just state the real reason. Costco will accept the return unless one has been misusing it.
Feb 10, 2003
943 posts
523 upvotes
Calgary
Just a few notes from personal experience and from the other Costco bikes thread:
These have been spotted in various Costco East warehouses for $399 as early as May; it doesn't look like Costco brought them out West this year.

These only come in one size, and height isn't a perfect gauge for whether the bike will fit you, you need to consider proportions. I'm 5'10" with long legs (34" true inseam, typically wear 32" inseam pants). The height (stack) of the bike is great, but I find the reach just a touch long (this can be compensated for with a shorter stem).

To buy a new big name bike with carbon fork and Sora groupset, you'd be paying over $1k. However, there are some components on this bike where they've cheaped out (brakes, crank, wheels, tires, etc), so it's not an apples to apples comparison. Some things you might even want to change out right away (I swapped out the tires and brake pads because the stock ones were garbage).

The assembly on these bikes is very hit or miss. You will need to adjust the brakes, derailleurs, and fit (seat height, position, angle, and headset spacers). These adjustments are all pretty straightforward with a bit of research on YouTube... or you can pay a local shop or garage mechanic to do it for you.

This bike is a super deal at $400 or less... $500+tax I'd give it some pause and consider buying a used bike instead.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2811 posts
12228 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
got it 2 month ago for 399$ and last week few resident from NS report the price 299
Rogers Unlimited Province, 7gb $39/month! Thanks RFD!!