Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Northrock SR1 is on stock agian, $799.99 to 819.22

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2022 9:05 pm
[OP]
Member
Apr 5, 2009
303 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Northrock SR1 is on stock agian, $799.99 to 819.22

price go up agian, to CAD820
It was 599 last year
649 for a while
749 2 months ago
799 on OCTOBER 3
820 on October 04
Enjoy it




only 7 are available for item 1465333. Please adjust your quantity and try again.
Last edited by xcai on Oct 4th, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2008
9893 posts
2902 upvotes
Toronto
Dang went up another 50$ compared to a couple months ago!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
21300 posts
4494 upvotes
YUL
Not the great value is once was at $599. That’s a huge increase.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2011
1000 posts
623 upvotes
Buying a bike before Winter? Smartest idea ever.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6737 posts
5288 upvotes
Brea wrote: Buying a bike before Winter? Smartest idea ever.
You know you can ride a bike year round, right? You know people have indoor trainers, right?

lol but yeah the price increase from $749 a month ago to $799 now is tough.
Last edited by hvc on Oct 3rd, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6737 posts
5288 upvotes
jakemtl wrote: Not worth it at 799
You still won't find a better sora bike for under $800.

But, yeah the bike was an easier sell at $600. At $800, you're better off extending your budget and getting a better entry level bike, if you can. You'll still be out ~$1,500, though.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
21300 posts
4494 upvotes
YUL
Brea wrote: Buying a bike before Winter? Smartest idea ever.
It is a good idea, because it’s the best time to find stock and deals. Kinda like buying a snowblower in the summer. Good luck trying to get one in the middle of winter right before the snowstorm.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6737 posts
5288 upvotes
najibs wrote: It is a good idea, because it’s the best time to find stock and deals. Kinda like buying a snowblower in the summer. Good luck trying to get one in the middle of winter right before the snowstorm.
Shh, let them shop for a bike in April.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3849 posts
1492 upvotes
Brea wrote: Buying a bike before Winter? Smartest idea ever.
This actually makes perfect sense. You can ride the bike right when spring hits.
Member
May 29, 2020
315 posts
528 upvotes
Brea wrote: Buying a bike before Winter? Smartest idea ever.
Why would you not want to buy things when they are low demand?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1985 posts
1727 upvotes
hvc wrote: You still won't find a better sora bike for under $800.

But, yeah the bike was an easier sell at $600. At $800, you're better off extending your budget and getting a better entry level bike, if you can. You'll still be out ~$1,500, though.
At over 900 (tx in) I would buy used on Marketplace with better specs
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1398 posts
1038 upvotes
Québec
hvc wrote: You still won't find a better sora bike for under $800.

But, yeah the bike was an easier sell at $600. At $800, you're better off extending your budget and getting a better entry level bike, if you can. You'll still be out ~$1,500, though.

Just bought a Canondale treadwell 3 for 800.
Member
Feb 23, 2010
319 posts
714 upvotes
Vancouver
People say it's not a good deal have no idea how much pricier bike parts have gone up. The shimano set price has gone up 20 to 30% already on their 105, ultegra, and DA.. at this price with shimano sora, it's still a steal. People who say it's not worth it as of Oct 2022 prob know how to time travel back to 2018
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6737 posts
5288 upvotes
elgros4 wrote: Just bought a Canondale treadwell 3 for 800.
1) that's not a road bike
2) it's microshift

My point stands - you will not find a better sora bike for under $1,000. I guarantee it.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1398 posts
1038 upvotes
Québec
hvc wrote: 1) that's not a road bike
2) it's microshift

My point stands - you will not find a better sora bike for under $1,000. I guarantee it.
Ok, what wrong with microshift ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6737 posts
5288 upvotes
elgros4 wrote: Ok, what wrong with microshift ?
Nothing is wrong with it - it's subpar to Shimano, though. It's also not Sora, or a road bike, which was my whole post lol

The Sora R3000 shifters on the SR1 are $350 alone. Everybody knocks the SR1, and yes it has it's flaws: wheels, bottom bracket, cranks, tires, calipers, pads, are all borderline trash. But, the frame, fork, and groupset are all solid.

If you're looking for an entry level road bike, and don't want to spend $1,500+, then the SR1 is one of the best budget road bikes you'll find. Is it a great bike? No. But, you'd be hard pressed to find a sora bike for under $1,000 - if at all.
Member
Feb 23, 2010
319 posts
714 upvotes
Vancouver
hvc wrote: Nothing is wrong with it - it's subpar to Shimano, though. It's also not Sora, or a road bike, which was my whole post lol

The Sora R3000 shifters on the SR1 are $350 alone. Everybody knocks the SR1, and yes it has it's flaws: wheels, bottom bracket, cranks, tires, calipers, pads, are all borderline trash. But, the frame, fork, and groupset are all solid.

If you're looking for an entry level road bike, and don't want to spend $1,500+, then the SR1 is one of the best budget road bikes you'll find. Is it a great bike? No. But, you'd be hard pressed to find a sora bike for under $1,000 - if at all.
At least someone knows their bikes

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)