Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Northrock SR1 is on stock agian, $799.99 to 819.22

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2022 9:05 pm
Jan 4, 2016
392 posts
519 upvotes
Calgary
The odd thing is that the last time I checked there was no more "bike shortage" - I went to my local sporting life and they had a bunch of bikes ranging from entry level to more advanced. Are manufacturer price gouging because they know the demand is still pretty high?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6931 posts
5853 upvotes
sipjd65 wrote: The odd thing is that the last time I checked there was no more "bike shortage" - I went to my local sporting life and they had a bunch of bikes ranging from entry level to more advanced. Are manufacturer price gouging because they know the demand is still pretty high?
While not as bad as it was at the peak, there's definitely still a shortage of sorts. It really depends what kind of bike you're looking for, the store you're at, etc. I went to the sporting life on Yonge and they had a number of bikes, but for road/gravel bikes it was just the Supersix EVO SE, which is a ~$7k carbon bike and there were some S and L frames, but no Medium (arguably the most common frame size).. The others were entry level/casual MTBs, hybrids, etc.

I think manufacturers are charging more because components/parts went up substantially during COVID - whether or not that's gauging or just supply chain pressures and whether that settles back down is yet to be seen. But, I doubt it.. for the next little bit at least.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18052 posts
10856 upvotes
Ottawa
hvc wrote: lol this guy came into an SR1 thread to flex his ultegra groupset and carbon ride.

Show me a better road bike at Decathalon for $800. If you're going to link the RC120 (the only bike they have under $800) - just hop on your carbon frame and peace out.
haha, I want to play too. I have a carbon bike with full aero carbon rims. These Northrocks are the suck.

Seriously though, these Northrocks are still one of the best buys. Of course, the price seems to go up and down, and you should try to grab it on the down swing. But I guess with Costco, you can price protect if you can catch it on the downswing.

I like that the Northrock writing is now black, so it's not even obvious that you have a Costco bike anymore. It's still a shame about the one sizing, I would have bought one of these as a second bike if I could fit it.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
306 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
first time in history , SR1 still not sold out after 4 days
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6931 posts
5853 upvotes
xcai wrote: first time in history , SR1 still not sold out after 4 days
i remember when the northrock bikes all sold out in minutes, let alone days lol
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17345 posts
4729 upvotes
Been looking for road bike and i am newbie no idea what is recommended..

Any suggestion?

Should i looking at aluminium or carbon?

I dont want to spend to much i mean like over few K
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
May 18, 2006
56 posts
76 upvotes
BERTA
azxd333 wrote: The SR1 and all these Northrock bikes are great for someone like me , i don't want to buy a bicycle from walmart that will annoy me when riding, i also dont want to spend $1000 to get a decent bicycle and i'm just casually riding bicycles so i lack the experience to choose a good used bicycle.
i recently got the CTM and im happy with it, its definitely much better than my wife's walmart bicycle and now we're looking into buying the CL5 for her.
Can confirm the CTM is pretty awesome for what you pay and what you get. Only thing that annoys me is the stupid fork that has no lockout on the suspension.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1671 posts
580 upvotes
Bedford
I picked up a brand new Kona Dew plus at my local dealer for $865 last week. Sticker price was $1150. It has a 1 * 10 Deore and hydro disk brakes. They had a pretty good inventory of other bikes, but this was by far the best value on the floor. One year ago, the floor was completely empty.
Nov 11, 2019
85 posts
112 upvotes
baillieul wrote: I picked up a brand new Kona Dew plus at my local dealer for $865 last week. Sticker price was $1150. It has a 1 * 10 Deore and hydro disk brakes. They had a pretty good inventory of other bikes, but this was by far the best value on the floor. One year ago, the floor was completely empty.
Did you have to negotiate or was it listed low to clear? Seems so foreign to me that you can get brand new below msrp. Up until this year, MSRP was the deal lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1671 posts
580 upvotes
Bedford
Oladepot wrote: Did you have to negotiate or was it listed low to clear? Seems so foreign to me that you can get brand new below msrp. Up until this year, MSRP was the deal lol.
It was listed on my local dealer website. Just happened to be exactly the model I was interested in.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1145 posts
1837 upvotes
Costco pricing has angered the RFD Gods.
I think they are trying to take advantage.
Nov 13, 2022
2 posts
How do you guys feel about Northrock's QC? There is an individual person sells unopened SR1 at $600 in where I live, but I am worried that it might be defective. I guess this is something I won't know until I put all the parts altogether. I also doubt that it will be covered by manufacturer's warranty either, but the price is pretty nice. If you were me, would you buy it?