Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Northrock xc00, fat Tire bike, $469.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 1:43 pm
Tags:
None
53 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 2, 2001
5034 posts
2722 upvotes
GTA
Should be $400 in-store... if you can find one.
.
Member
Nov 24, 2011
223 posts
80 upvotes
Internet
Looks like backordered now. That was fast
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 17, 2004
4902 posts
996 upvotes
Is there a way to convert this to a tubeless setup without buying new wheels?
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Newbie
Mar 24, 2013
41 posts
22 upvotes
London
Size: medium 45.7 cm (18 in.), fits most riders 5 ft. 7 in. to 6ft. 2 in.
Damn you Costco
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 9, 2016
165 posts
638 upvotes
GTA
WTFDEALS wrote: Looks like backordered now. That was fast
It still shows 36 in stock for me. Not sure but may be it's based on shipping address. I'm in Mississauga
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2543 posts
3576 upvotes
GTA
Googliya wrote: 42 available at the time of posting
"This product is back-ordered."
Sr. Member
Oct 19, 2006
681 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Googliya wrote: It still shows 36 in stock for me. Not sure but may be it's based on shipping address. I'm in Mississauga
It is backordered for me too. Ordered one we'll see how it goes. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 30, 2006
1647 posts
758 upvotes
Halton
what makes this the bee's knees? "northrock" components? fat tires?
my wife needs a bike but this is more than i intended to spend (dont bother with commentary on how i should buy something from a pro shop, she rides literally 1 time a year)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2004
2991 posts
173 upvotes
Waterloo
CheapoFillipo wrote: what makes this the bee's knees? "northrock" components? fat tires?
my wife needs a bike but this is more than i intended to spend (dont bother with commentary on how i should buy something from a pro shop, she rides literally 1 time a year)
Northrock bikes are made by Giant.
If your wife rides once a year then you probably shouldn't get her a fatbike. A hybrid bike or front suspension mtb from Kijiji is better.
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 6, 2017
1575 posts
1062 upvotes
Manitoba
I already have 3....I'm sure the wife will not notice one more. :P
Member
Mar 17, 2015
309 posts
227 upvotes
Winnipeg
CheapoFillipo wrote: what makes this the bee's knees? "northrock" components? fat tires?
Northrock bikes are similar to entry level Giant/Trek/etc. They use shimano component sets, usually the lowest one, but still better than a typical Walmart/CT bike. The downside is that they only make 1 size, so they either fit and you can ride it, or you need to look for other options.

Fat tire bikes are terrible if you just ride around casually though, too much rolling resistance, she would hate it. They are meant for serious off roading, like riding trails in the snow, etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1396 posts
747 upvotes
bluetroll wrote: Is there a way to convert this to a tubeless setup without buying new wheels?
Could try doing the gorilla tape + sealant hack and see if it holds. If not try another set of tires.
Sr. Member
Nov 16, 2015
725 posts
1448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KrimsonStudios wrote: Northrock bikes are similar to entry level Giant/Trek/etc. They use shimano component sets, usually the lowest one, but still better than a typical Walmart/CT bike. The downside is that they only make 1 size, so they either fit and you can ride it, or you need to look for other options.

Fat tire bikes are terrible if you just ride around casually though, too much rolling resistance, she would hate it. They are meant for serious off roading, like riding trails in the snow, etc.
yet no front suspension
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1769 upvotes
CheapoFillipo wrote: what makes this the bee's knees? "northrock" components? fat tires?
my wife needs a bike but this is more than i intended to spend (dont bother with commentary on how i should buy something from a pro shop, she rides literally 1 time a year)
These fat bikes are mostly for serious offroading fun. No point in buying one of these for someone who rides once a year (I'm assuming on some paved roads/trails or smth like that). Get her some entry level road bike from somewhere inexpensive. I bought my lightweight road bike from Amazon 2 years ago for like $300 and put up about 3k km on it without any fuss.
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2003
661 posts
209 upvotes
this thing looks heavy....35lbs? r all the fat tire bikes like this
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6328 posts
4703 upvotes
antzz wrote: this thing looks heavy....35lbs? r all the fat tire bikes like this
30-40lbs is probably average, under 30lbs for a premium one.
Last edited by hvc on Jul 17th, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)