Costco

Northrock XC27 $499.99 (in-store, ymmv)

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2022 12:54 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1373 posts
505 upvotes
sipjd65 wrote: The one thing i always suggest is if you buy a bike from a Costco or any other non-bike shop, always go get it tuned professionally. Its *usually* about $50-80 but its well worth it.
If you're going to tune your bike regularly from a pro, consider buying it at a shop like Sportinglife where they include 3 yrs of tuning with the purchase price. If done once a year, that is worth about $150 to $240. So for a total cost of ownership of about $750, you can also consider getting a bike from a more specialized store.

I had originally picked up the X29 but returned it and ended up at Sportinglife.
Dec 12, 2013
291 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
If anyone gets an XC29 and feels it's too big, I have a brand new in box XC27 that I'd trade. Located in KW area.
Nov 20, 2006
274 posts
49 upvotes
I bought an XC27 but returned it. I felt I was a little too tall for it.

Bikes are such a fleeting thing at our local warehouse that I bought first and asked questions later. Unfortunately they're also such a fleeting thing that I think my odds of of an XC29 were slim to none. So I wound up paying a few hundred more for a decent bike at a local shop.

It's a nice upgrade from my previous bike but it felt like a very un-RFD purchase ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1574 posts
1640 upvotes
Kanatakool wrote: Definitely, imagine going to Costco on E-bike in minus 20 and bring all your junk on that bike. You nailed it. When we will see e-bikes on 401?
He obviously means as an alternative to cycling. So, where and when bikes can go.

E bikes will get people on bikes during biking season.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1574 posts
1640 upvotes
I have a brand new x29 with tags still on.

I will most likely be returning it. It is a little big for me.

I’ll double check tonight/tomorrow to be sure.

If I am returning I’ll let you know and you can have it for cost.
marbles wrote: I bought an XC27 but returned it. I felt I was a little too tall for it.

Bikes are such a fleeting thing at our local warehouse that I bought first and asked questions later. Unfortunately they're also such a fleeting thing that I think my odds of of an XC29 were slim to none. So I wound up paying a few hundred more for a decent bike at a local shop.

It's a nice upgrade from my previous bike but it felt like a very un-RFD purchase ;)
Edit

Ooops. See you got one. Sorry. But I’ll post anyway for those that are still frantically looking.
Dec 12, 2013
291 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
[Where are you located? I've got an XC27 I'm going to return if I can get a 29

quote=MexicanPeso post_id=36063408 time=1652459114 user_id=169951]

Edit

Ooops. See you got one. Sorry. But I’ll post anyway for those that are still frantically looking.
[/quote]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1574 posts
1640 upvotes
Rutherford and Dufferin.

It is unused with tags. Is yours unused?
Drewmar wrote: [Where are you located? I've got an XC27 I'm going to return if I can get a 29

quote=MexicanPeso post_id=36063408 time=1652459114 user_id=169951]

Edit

[/quote]
Jan 5, 2010
334 posts
191 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Picked up an XC29 from the Edmonton South Store. There were about 15 XC29's left in stock as of 11:00am today.
No XC27's, no infinity bikes.
Dec 12, 2013
291 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
MexicanPeso wrote: Rutherford and Dufferin.

It is unused with tags. Is yours unused?

[/quote]

Yes. Mine is unused and still in the box. I managed to order 2 a couple months ago for my wife and myself, assembled one to mess around with and the other is in the box in my garage. If you'd be interested in meeting part way are you up for a trade?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1574 posts
1640 upvotes
Drewmar wrote:
Yes. Mine is unused and still in the box. I managed to order 2 a couple months ago for my wife and myself, assembled one to mess around with and the other is in the box in my garage. If you'd be interested in meeting part way are you up for a trade?
[/quote]
Just getting home from work, I will let you know in the morning about the X29. I suppose we could possibly do a trade and just figure out the difference financially between the two bikes.
Jul 7, 2020
625 posts
226 upvotes
Outside the context but not sure where to post this question.
On XC27 bike, what is the ideal Front & Rear Gear number to ride on regular street/roads?
Jul 7, 2020
625 posts
226 upvotes
ladgrewal wrote: That's infinity hybrid bike for $280, not the Northrock xc27. Saw some at Waterloo Costco as well. Components are very different in this one as compared to the xc27.
which one is better? Infinity or Northrock XC27?
Jul 7, 2020
625 posts
226 upvotes
THEAVS wrote: Northrock
Do you mind elaborating further as to why NR XC27 is better? Reason I am asking is, i bought XC27 for much higher price $499+ & now debating whether to return & settle for a much lesser price but of course don't mind spending if it is better.
FYI, i bought this only for leisure biking not into trekking or tedious activities. of course comfort & quality is must.
Oct 25, 2017
248 posts
55 upvotes
It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that Costco has informed me the Northrock SR1 roadbike will not be available this year.
Sep 12, 2013
303 posts
224 upvotes
Does anyone know of bike shops in the GTA that offer bike assembly? And how much would it cost?
Wondering if I should assemble the Costco bike myself or have a pro do it instead.
I know SportChek and Sporting Life have Tune up services, but how about asembly out of the box?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1683 posts
2134 upvotes
tourlou5 wrote: Does anyone know of bike shops in the GTA that offer bike assembly? And how much would it cost?
Wondering if I should assemble the Costco bike myself or have a pro do it instead.
I know SportChek and Sporting Life have Tune up services, but how about asembly out of the box?
I bought a bike from SportChek recently.
Their bikes require minimum assembly work, and they dont even have proper tools. They only have to put on the wheels, everything else is already on the frame and adjusted properly in factory.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Jun 28, 2013
251 posts
329 upvotes
tourlou5 wrote: Does anyone know of bike shops in the GTA that offer bike assembly? And how much would it cost?
It's extremely easy and you might just learn some basic things that could be useful to troubleshoot down the road so you get familiar with things.

I bought the XC00 from Costco and put it together within 10min. Literally the handle bar + wheels + tighten. Everything should be already tuned.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)