Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Northrock XC27 Mountain Bike (449.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2020 11:51 am
May 31, 2019
71 posts
342 upvotes
MK7GTI wrote: You're fork is not the one that is listed. Nice try, but kinda proves how little you know.

The wheels aren't listed because they're no name garbage.

The other parts are nothing to speak of. Not terrible, certainly not good, and below decent.

Its sad how little you know, while trying your hardest to act like you do.

Mountain bike is back in stock.

Features:
Matte black
Frame: all-aluminum 6061, 69.9 cm (27.5 in.) specific geometry
Press formed aluminum frame and lightweight
Frame Size: medium 44.45 cm (17.5 in). Fits most riders 1.7 m to 1.8 m (5 ft. 7 in. to 6 ft. 1 in.)
Fork: SR Suntour XCT 69.9 cm (27.5 in.), preload, 80 mm travel
Headset: sealed integrated threadless
Cranks: Shimano FC-TY501, 42/34/24T
Bottom bracket: sealed cartridge
Rear derailleur: Shimano Altus M310
Shifter: Shimano Altus EF-500 Rapid-Fire (21 Speeds)
Cogset: Shimano (14-28T)
Chain: KMC-Z50
Brakes: Tektro mechanical dual disc
Brake levers: Shimano Altus EF-500 integrated with shifter
Front hub: 32H alloy with quick-release
Rear hub: 32H alloy with quick-release
Spokes: stainless-steel
Rims: alloy double wall
Tires: Maxxis mountain, 69.9 cm × 5.6 cm (27.5 in. × 2.2 in.)
Handlebars: NR 31.8 mm low rise black alloy
Grips: Velo ergonomic dual density comfort grip
Stem: NR sport, 10-degree
Seat post: alloy micro adjust 30.9 mm with quick-release
Seat: Velo mountain performance
Kickstand: included (removal at rider’s option)
Assembly Tools: included
Owner’s manual

Specifications:
Dimensions: (L × W × H): 180 cm × 66 cm × 105 cm (70.86 in. × 25.98 in. × 41.3 in.)
Weight: 14.88 kg (32.8 lb.)
Still haven't provided one reason why any parts on this bike are garbage. All you said was "<insert part> is garbage!"

Nobody here has any reason to think you're opinion matters and the way you speak gives us less reason to.

You've now changed your story from this bike would fall apart riding down a trail, to every part on this bike is mediocre. You sound like a drama queen.

I also see you haven't provided any other reasonable alternative like a few people had asked, naive enough to think that your comments about 15 years experience were true I guess.

Whats funny is when you actually talk to someone experienced, you finish the conversation having learned something that you can apply to that topic in the future. Talking to you is the complete opposite.

"This bike sucks for reasons I can't explain, and I'm not going to show you what I think is worth it because you don't know anything!"

Get real, knob.
Mar 4, 2016
26 posts
63 upvotes
2016YamR6 wrote: Still haven't provided one reason why any parts on this bike are garbage. All you said was "<insert part> is garbage!"

Nobody here has any reason to think you're opinion matters and the way you speak gives us less reason to.

You've now changed your story from this bike would fall apart riding down a trail, to every part on this bike is mediocre. You sound like a drama queen.

I also see you haven't provided any other reasonable alternative like a few people had asked, naive enough to think that your comments about 15 years experience were true I guess.

Whats funny is when you actually talk to someone experienced, you finish the conversation having learned something that you can apply to that topic in the future. Talking to you is the complete opposite.

"This bike sucks for reasons I can't explain, and I'm not going to show you what I think is worth it because you don't know anything!"

Get real, knob.
First page, i gave help and information and examples. You're lack of knowledge on the subject shows. I helped and offered alternatives. You just wanna argue.

Buy what you want though, I genuinely don't care.
May 31, 2019
71 posts
342 upvotes
MK7GTI wrote: First page, i gave help and information and examples. You're lack of knowledge on the subject shows. I helped and offered alternatives. You just wanna argue.

Buy what you want though, I genuinely don't care.
Seems like you cared enough to make comments in this thread all day about a bike you're not even buying, that makes sense.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1040 posts
539 upvotes
Quebec City
ChippewaBarr wrote: GT are impressive value/price no doubt, had one in high school back in the day lol.

Very surprised about the Devinci! Which model was it?
My GT was black and orange, bought it in 1990 I think. -- Found it

The Devinci is black and yellow, couldn't tell the name. I purchased it around 15 years ago. I don't know why I still using it though, I should just purchase something else.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1143 posts
1342 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Me coming back into this thread:
MercadorHG wrote: My GT was black and orange, bought it in 1990 I think. -- Found it
The Devinci is black and yellow, couldn't tell the name. I purchased it around 15 years ago. I don't know why I still using it though, I should just purchase something else.
Oh damn, that 1990 model is old school! I couldn't even ride a bike yet LOL.

Mine was an Avalanche from the mid 2000s, it was awesome.

EDIT:
For anyone actually looking for something comparable in the same price range, I'd argue that the GT Aggressor Comp (Sport is cheaper) would be a good choice, little more expensive at $550, but there are always deals to be found. Anyone who says this is gonna fall apart as you're riding is crazy...not like these are doing rock gardens and 10 ft drops lol. I had the next step up (Avalanche) bike back in high school and as a 16 year old I beat the shit outta it and it still got me from A to B comfortably. Like it was thrown in the back of our truck, out of the truck, down drops, in the water, you name it. Any well adjusted person who is just looking to ride around trails and parks will be fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1040 posts
539 upvotes
Quebec City
ChippewaBarr wrote: Me coming back into this thread:

Oh damn, that 1990 model is old school! I couldn't even ride a bike yet LOL.

Mine was an Avalanche from the mid 2000s, it was awesome.

EDIT:
For anyone actually looking for something comparable in the same price range, I'd argue that the GT Aggressor Comp (Sport is cheaper) would be a good choice, little more expensive at $550, but there are always deals to be found. Anyone who says this is gonna fall apart as you're riding is crazy...not like these are doing rock gardens and 10 ft drops lol. I had the next step up (Avalanche) bike back in high school and as a 16 year old I beat the shit outta it and it still got me from A to B comfortably. Like it was thrown in the back of our truck, out of the truck, down drops, in the water, you name it. Any well adjusted person who is just looking to ride around trails and parks will be fine.
You think that Aggressor could be as rock solid of my old GT? I used to jump into stairs with my old bike aha
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2242 posts
621 upvotes
Anyone spot the bikes in warehouses in GTA??

I can only find ebike(jetson) in the warehouse
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Jun 21, 2017
251 posts
512 upvotes
I've had a Mongoose mountain bike from Zellers for 12 years, shimano derailleur just broke this year. Thing weighs 40lbs of steel.

Was 300 dollars back then, y'all gotta get on the RFD frugal train stop measuring bike costs. Half of them will be stolen anyways. Wanna know what's never been stolen? My POS Mongoose. Can't even move it.
Jun 21, 2017
251 posts
512 upvotes
MK7GTI wrote: Sigh.

What you and others have failed in is basic reading comprehension it seems. I have specifically stated MULTIPLE times, that the particular bikes in question are useless for off roading, or road riding. It gives the illusion of a mountain bike, without actually being one. I provided links to an urban bike, I recommended hard tails etc. The 1k mark is not a hard rule, but a good rule of thumb so that you get something that you WONT have to spend money to upgrade on. This bike in particular, would quickly fall apart on heavy trails, and would ride worse even on light trails, than say a hard tail of equal or slightly higher value.

And when it comes to upgrading the bike, sure you can upgrade it, but at the end of the day the frame is not built for more aggressive riding, which will ultimately be a failure point or bring down the ride quality in general.

And yes, at the end of the day, everyone can choose what they want. But it would be wise to heed actual experience instead of making excuses to fit ones narrative.
TLDR respekt mah authoritay
Jan 14, 2018
40 posts
16 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
For those interested, Windsor Costco has XC29's in stock. I didn't count the QTY but atleast 4.

Also had few fat tire ones.

Nothing else in stock...
Oct 8, 2019
18 posts
7 upvotes
Are they ever gonna get the XC27 back in stock??
Jul 2, 2014
433 posts
129 upvotes
Maple, ON
TBH unless you know exactly what material the components are made of then you can generally say which bike is worth the price over another. The same 500 dollar part made of the same material as a 5000 dollar part made of ths same material is still the same thing. Don't get suckered into buying an expensive bike because it is expensive.

I think for the general public any bike works. I've seen kids take Canadiantire bikes and walmart bikes on gravel trails and muddy jump trails and do abolsutely fine with it.