[Costco] Office chair mid-back $140 @ Costco 10 yr warranty

Currently on SALE, $40 off.
10 yr manufacturer warranty
3 way adjustments and great seat.

https://www.costco.ca/.product.100415736.html

Manufacturer link:

https://www.bestar.ca/product/chair-cha ... ariation=7

Product Details
The Leeder mid-back task chair offers multiple comfort adjustments to provide ergonomic support. The breathable mesh back with stylish frame and padded seat combine with silver accents on the arms and base to give a modern flair. This chair offers a synchronized tilting mechanism with separate back tilt lever which allows you to find the perfect position to increase comfort and productivity.

Features:

Colour: Black
Mesh back and foam seat
Seat height adjustable from 47 to 57 cm (18.5 in. to 22.4 in.)
Height adjustable arm with polypropylene pad
Synchronized tilting and separate back tilting with multi locks
Black nylon base
Height of backrest: 67 cm (26.4 in.)
Seat (W x D): 50 cm x 46 cm (19.7 in. x 18.1 in.)
Assembly required

Specifications:

Dimensions (L x W x H):
68 cm x 63 cm x 92 to 102 cm (26.8 in. x 24.8 in. x 26.2 to 40.2 in.)
Weight: 16 kg (35.3 lb.)

Model: CHA-REG21038-18

29 replies
Jun 30, 2016
182 posts
117 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I have this chair and it's good value and build quality for the price.

One downside is that you cannot twist/turn the arm rests, only height adjustment.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2091 posts
2027 upvotes
urover wrote: One downside is that you cannot twist/turn the arm rests, only height adjustment.
wondering, in what situation, I would need to turn the arm rest....
Dec 11, 2020
5 posts
Not bad. I suggest spending the extra $$ to get the other features seen in the more premium chairs (ie leg rest, head rest, full range for chair to tip back if you are falling asleep during a meeting lol)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3802 posts
2601 upvotes
Vancouver
Dreamrider wrote: wondering, in what situation, I would need to turn the arm rest....
If you're using a notebook keyboard/trackpad for example, your arms will be closer together than using a full keyboard/mouse. Your elbows probably won't touch the arm rests in that case.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1819 posts
402 upvotes
I had mid backs before changing to highback. What a difference in comfort.
I suggest getting a highback, with the headrest. Get the full mesh version.
Jun 30, 2016
182 posts
117 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Dreamrider wrote: wondering, in what situation, I would need to turn the arm rest....
I meant that this chair's armrest lacks these adjustments:
- Depth
- Width
- Pivot.

This video helped me get the industry standard words for what I wanted to say:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1406 posts
731 upvotes
Hamilton
AsianXL wrote: It does not look comfortable for hours of sitting.
Got two of these and IMHO seat and built quality is much better compare to most office chairs out there. Only thing I disliked is that it's not full back but I can live with that.
Dec 3, 2016
34 posts
11 upvotes
This or the tempurpedic mid back mesh from Costco? I know the tempurpedic is more but is it worth it
Jul 14, 2005
172 posts
69 upvotes
Kitchener
Short girl problems, does not go low enough for me. (This is like my problem for every chair).
Contest wins 2018:
  • Bosch Dishwasher SHX89PW55N ARV $2900 (May)
  • Cookina Prize Package ARV $30 (June)
  • Pepsi Stuff Week 7 Grand Prize Trip for 2 to Anywhere in NA ARV $10,000
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1513 posts
1067 upvotes
BC
the seat looks hard... is their minimal foam? covered by warranty if goes flat in a year or two?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1406 posts
731 upvotes
Hamilton
muffin4life wrote: the seat looks hard... is their minimal foam? covered by warranty if goes flat in a year or two?
It looks sturdy and it's better then the one we bought from staples when pandemic started which came with 5 yr warranty.

I don't know the load value and average daily hours they recommend but I'd not expect it's designed for 8 hrs non stop office work. You may go way over $400 limit and industrial quality for that I guess.
Jan 21, 2007
607 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
looks nice but does it have a headrest?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1513 posts
1067 upvotes
BC
HamsiBrain wrote: It looks sturdy and it's better then the one we bought from staples when pandemic started which came with 5 yr warranty.

I don't know the load value and average daily hours they recommend but I'd not expect it's designed for 8 hrs non stop office work. You may go way over $400 limit and industrial quality for that I guess.
still using a leather executive chair bought from Staples over 10 year... was a Redflagdeals deal...

seat is still good for few hours of sitting before sinking to plywood underneath... and then comes back up overnight for another few hours... lol
Jun 12, 2010
164 posts
304 upvotes
Assuming you're planning to use the chair to sit at a computer, look at the angle of your forearms when using a keyboard. Your hands sit maybe an inch apart when situated on the home row keys, your shoulders are much wider than that and so your arms point inward, not straight out like most arm rests are typically oriented. Some arm rests even have divots for you to place your forearms and elbows in to which can get pretty uncomfortable.
Oct 31, 2008
82 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
any suggestions for a good highback chair for those that have to spend long hours sitting these days?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1410 posts
435 upvotes
North York
yyc987 wrote: This or the tempurpedic mid back mesh from Costco? I know the tempurpedic is more but is it worth it
I have both chairs. One Tempurpedic at work, and 3 Leeder's at home (for the kids to use). The Tempurpedic is next level comfort (vs the Leeder) on the seat cushion and hasn't lost it's shape in over 2 years of use of regular use. I just don't love the back as it doesn't recline.

The Leeder one has a decent seat cushion for comfort and breathability, and the longest I've sat in it is about 1.5 hrs straight and I found it quite comfy. For $140, to have a reclining back and height adjustable arm rests, it's a very good deal. But if the seat cushion goes flat in a year, then the Tempurpedic is worth the extra cost.

My own chair at home is a Steelcase Amia, so no comparison.