Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Patio Umbrella Clearance - 11ft Cantilever - $499 from $649 - More

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2015 11:59 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2157 posts
2150 upvotes

[Costco] Patio Umbrella Clearance - 11ft Cantilever - $499 from $649 - More

Purchased this in the warehouse a few weeks back for $649.99. Looks like they have most of the umbrellas on .97 clearance now. Hope this helps a few people out!

http://www.costco.ca/Cantilever-Patio-U ... 43594.html
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3266 posts
1436 upvotes
Haha. Good luck with this in NL where there's 50kmh cross wind
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2157 posts
2150 upvotes
Answers wrote: Haha. Good luck with this in NL where there's 50kmh cross wind
200lbs of sand in the base helps... But wind is a little different out west :)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1945 posts
932 upvotes
Scarborough
i see these type of cantilever umbrellas range in price quite a bit. whats the difference from these more expensive umbrellas to the $200 range. given you don't want these open during strong wind.
what do you look for in these umbrellas?

this is a serious question as i'm in the process of redoing a larger deck and will be looking for a umbrella soon, and don't really know too much about the cantilever type.
Nov 10, 2010
407 posts
161 upvotes
Hamilton
I had a one hundred dollar umbrella from jysk that went back to the store. It was very flimsy to me, and the slightest breeze had it going all over the place. Purchased a three hundred dollar one from lowes to replace the jysk umbrella and am pretty happy. Not sure how much better it gets to double that,...
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20190 posts
8258 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I had a 50 dollar 10 foot one from Sears that was fine. Umbrellas in general don't help keep any sun off of you except at noon anyway it seems unless you want to chase the shadow all over the place often where you don't even want to sit.

The best sun solution in my back yard ended up being a lightspeed screen house which doesn't stay up permanently and folds away into a bag when not needed. Not as posh as the cantilever umbrella but so much more practical for actually blocking some sun over your chairs. It's funny there is practically a forest in the back yard with trees that must be 150 feet tall and still the sun kills us most of the afternoon.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1945 posts
932 upvotes
Scarborough
yeah i have one of those older straight umbrella that doesn't bend, and not really used, as we didn't really use the deck much.

my new patio table does not have a hole in the middle so these cantilever umbrellas look interesting but seeing prices anywhere from $100 - $1000.

once i finish my new deck hopefully i'll use it more and start to enjoy the outdoors more..