Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Ooma Telo Air Free Home Phone Service with Three HD3 Handsets $69.97 - YMMV available at Nepean Ottawa location

[OP]
Sep 12, 2007
551 posts
223 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] Ooma Telo Air Free Home Phone Service with Three HD3 Handsets $69.97 - YMMV available at Nepean Ottawa location

Ymmv - at the Ottawa Nepean Costco, the Ooma Telo Air Free Home Phone Service with three HD3 Handsets are clearance priced at $69.97.

There were 14 boxes left last night, SKU 6760021 to phone ahead and see if your local Costco has stock.

Ooma Costco.jpg

Note that the HD3 handsets themselves have poor reviews, but the Ooma Telo unit itself is good (I have used one for years and purchased this set to update my old set which works fine but the rubberized plastic exterior is sticky and bugs me).

The non wireless (ethernet cable to router required) version of this Ooma Telo is listed on Costco.ca at $179.99, so at $69.97 for the wireless Ooma Telo Air is a good deal if your in the market for a VOIP box.

https://www.costco.ca/ooma-telo-free-ho ... 80697.html#

And yes this is not a "free" phone service, nor is Ooma a "scam". Ooma is well reviewed in RFD and there is a minimal monthly service charge of $5.62/month for e911, regulatory fees, and taxes.

Product Details
Get crystal clear nationwide calling (pay only applicable taxes and fees.) Includes three Ooma HD3 Handsets with color screen. The #1 rated home phone service for overall satisfaction and value by a leading consumer research publication. Includes unlimited nationwide calling, voicemail, caller-ID, call-waiting, and 911 calling with text alerts.

Features:
Ooma Telo with three (3) HD3 Cordless Phone Handsets
Free nationwide calling and low international rates. Pay only applicable taxes and fees.
Includes voicemail, caller-ID, call-waiting, 911 calling and text alerts.
Handsets pair wirelessly with Telo, and feature speakerphone, color screen, advanced voicemail, detailed call logs.
Purevoice technology delivers fewer dropped calls and crystal-clear performance.
Add optional Ooma Premier service and get over 35 advanced calling features, including call blocking.

Includes:
Black Ooma Telo Device
Power adapter for Telo
Ethernet cable
3 × black HD3 device
3 × charging cradle for HD3
3 × power adapter for HD3
3 × sets of batteries for HD3 device
Ooma Telo Quick Start Guide
HD3 quick start guide

Specifications:
Dimensions: 27.7 cm × 21.6 cm × 15.5 cm (10.9 in. × 8.5 in. × 6 in.)
Weight: 2 kg (4.5 lb.)

Warranty: 1 year
163 replies
Jun 14, 2011
676 posts
2090 upvotes
Saw them at ancaster location this morning.
😝
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2962 posts
700 upvotes
wow, excellent price, i paid more just for the OOMA, maybe should get as a backup and have extra handset to use.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5300 posts
30062 upvotes
Montreal
Wish this was available in the Montreal area. I'd jump on it now that I learned that OBI's are in end of life phase, and there is no support when things go wrong - I've been thinking about switching to OOMA.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2442 posts
1150 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Can we try Ooma with a temporary number first and port in our number later if we are satisfied with the service?
Dec 3, 2009
249 posts
65 upvotes
Burlington
Does anyone know how many voicemails can be stored on the basic account thanks.
Apr 28, 2017
56 posts
185 upvotes
krazykanuck wrote: Wish this was available in the Montreal area. I'd jump on it now that I learned that OBI's are in end of life phase, and there is no support when things go wrong - I've been thinking about switching to OOMA.
Took this picture jan 6th at point claire
Images
  • 20220106_092232.jpg
Jan 28, 2021
34 posts
40 upvotes
I got this system from them last time it was on sale. The headsets are not great, but the service is good and relatively consistent. I use the phones at least an hour or more a day, and very rarely run into issues with connection or quality. Every couple of weeks I need to reset the base unit for some reason, but other than that, I am very happy with Ooma.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2962 posts
700 upvotes
yes, free premium service to try also. That's exactly what i did, i was satisfy, then port my existing number over, takes about a weeks time
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3372 posts
729 upvotes
North York
What section of Costco is this in?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7162 posts
3628 upvotes
West GTEH!
lkovacs wrote: Ymmv - at the Ottawa Nepean Costco, the Ooma Telo Air Free Home Phone Service with three HD3 Handsets are clearance priced at $69.97.

There were 14 boxes left last night, SKU 6760021 to phone ahead and see if your local Costco has stock.

Ooma Costco.jpg

Note that the HD3 handsets themselves have poor reviews, but the Ooma Telo unit itself is good (I have used one for years and purchased this set to update my old set which works fine but the rubberized plastic exterior is sticky and bugs me).

The non wireless (ethernet cable to router required) version of this Ooma Telo is listed on Costco.ca at $179.99, so at $69.97 for the wireless Ooma Telo Air is a good deal if your in the market for a VOIP box.

https://www.costco.ca/ooma-telo-free-ho ... 80697.html#

And yes this is not a "free" phone service, nor is Ooma a "scam". Ooma is well reviewed in RFD and there is a minimal monthly service charge of $5.62/month for e911, regulatory fees, and taxes.

Product Details
Get crystal clear nationwide calling (pay only applicable taxes and fees.) Includes three Ooma HD3 Handsets with color screen. The #1 rated home phone service for overall satisfaction and value by a leading consumer research publication. Includes unlimited nationwide calling, voicemail, caller-ID, call-waiting, and 911 calling with text alerts.

Features:
Ooma Telo with three (3) HD3 Cordless Phone Handsets
Free nationwide calling and low international rates. Pay only applicable taxes and fees.
Includes voicemail, caller-ID, call-waiting, 911 calling and text alerts.
Handsets pair wirelessly with Telo, and feature speakerphone, color screen, advanced voicemail, detailed call logs.
Purevoice technology delivers fewer dropped calls and crystal-clear performance.
Add optional Ooma Premier service and get over 35 advanced calling features, including call blocking.

Includes:
Black Ooma Telo Device
Power adapter for Telo
Ethernet cable
3 × black HD3 device
3 × charging cradle for HD3
3 × power adapter for HD3
3 × sets of batteries for HD3 device
Ooma Telo Quick Start Guide
HD3 quick start guide

Specifications:
Dimensions: 27.7 cm × 21.6 cm × 15.5 cm (10.9 in. × 8.5 in. × 6 in.)
Weight: 2 kg (4.5 lb.)

Warranty: 1 year
Is Ooma easy to set up?

Looking for Home Phone Options other than Koodo, Zoomer, VOIP.ms, MagicJack, etc.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5300 posts
30062 upvotes
Montreal
dgmagnum wrote: Took this picture jan 6th at point claire
Cool. Thanks. I'll try and see at St-Bruno today - if not I'll drive out to Pointe-Claire over the weekend.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2442 posts
1150 upvotes
Montréal, QC
krazykanuck wrote: Cool. Thanks. I'll try and see at St-Bruno today - if not I'll drive out to Pointe-Claire over the weekend.
Let us know! I'll check in Laval when I'll go refuel my car.
Apr 24, 2010
883 posts
599 upvotes
Canada
Can I bypass their "free" service and use my own freephoneline sip credentials?
Aug 3, 2019
100 posts
94 upvotes
Clee wrote: Can we try Ooma with a temporary number first and port in our number later if we are satisfied with the service?
Yes I tried them for several months with a temporary number before porting from rogers home phone ( rogers wouldn't budge off their 38 plus tax amount) and have been using since March of last year only times with no service has been internet outages ( very few ) and the one time someone kicked the chord at the box where my phone was connected. I use the basic as nobody uses the home phone but wife wanted to keep a home phone so 5.62 is alot cheaper than rogers.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4012 posts
2020 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
dgmagnum wrote: Took this picture jan 6th at point claire
Anyone know whether they still have stock and if the price has dropped also?
Was there yesterday but didn't know about this possible deal.
I can't afford to save that much!
Apr 28, 2017
56 posts
185 upvotes
deals46 wrote: Anyone know whether they still have stock and if the price has dropped also?
Was there yesterday but didn't know about this possible deal.
Product item numbers may occasionally change at costco. Since I took the picture 2 ish weeks ago it should still be vaild. You can go to the customer service counter and ask them to look up the item number and they will tell you which location has it in stock.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3372 posts
729 upvotes
North York
I have been using Ooma for quite some time now. No complaints except their premium service is expensive - however, family call from USA on a regular service and premium provides me a USA number also. So they can call free.

I have picked up another set today - per OP, @ $ 69.97 - which is a very good deal. The HD handsets are terrible - I have one from before for which I paid $45 by itself (my most regrettable purchase on RFD) and I just use the Panasonic set with remote handsets which are quite satisfactory and work perfectly with OOMA.

Lots still available at Costco Woodbine (Markham, ON) - near the TV and Computer section.
Last edited by sheriffabc on Jan 21st, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4012 posts
2020 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
dgmagnum wrote: Product item numbers may occasionally change at costco. Since I took the picture 2 ish weeks ago it should still be vaild. You can go to the customer service counter and ask them to look up the item number and they will tell you which location has it in stock.
Yes, thanks.

I was asking the RFD community whether anyone already knew if Pointe-Claire has these at the reduced price, in the hopes of avoiding the crowds. Winking Face
I can't afford to save that much!
Dec 13, 2005
101 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
Clee wrote: Can we try Ooma with a temporary number first and port in our number later if we are satisfied with the service?
Yes I did this for my parents. You pay a one time port in fee but it’s very fast.