Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Ooma Telo Air Free Home Phone Service with Three HD3 Handsets $69.97 - YMMV available at Nepean Ottawa location

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37030 posts
22995 upvotes
Center of Universe
Instead of paying $40 just to port your number, sign up for the premiere plan at $119/year which includes a number port.
Then simply cancel the premiere plan after a year.
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2007
118 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
krazykanuck wrote: Wish this was available in the Montreal area. I'd jump on it now that I learned that OBI's are in end of life phase, and there is no support when things go wrong - I've been thinking about switching to OOMA.
Isn’t it just the EOL for the OBI100s or is it their entire lineup?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 26, 2005
5292 posts
29981 upvotes
Montreal
mtr215150 wrote: Isn’t it just the EOL for the OBI100s or is it their entire lineup?
https://www.obitalk.com/info/products/obi212

OBi212 VoIP Telephone Adapter & USB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 18th, 2021
*** Important notice to OBiTALK customers***
Summary: OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 have entered the End of Life phase with the following key milestones:
End of Sale date is December 18, 2021 (as supplies last)
End of Engineering Support is December 18, 2023.
End of Service date is December 18, 2023.
OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 products have entered the End of Sale phase with the last day of sale of these products to be December 18, 2021 (as supplies last). The End of Engineering support date and the End of Service date for all OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 products will be December 18, 2023. OBiTALK calling service will continue to be supported for the OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 until December 18, 2023. OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 devices may continue to work after the end of service date, but they will not be able to get added to the Google Voice service after December 18, 2023. OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 devices registered prior to the End of Engineering Support date won’t be able to be provisioned via OBiTALK after the December 18, 2023 and can only be managed and provisioned locally (manually).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2005
2440 posts
1148 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Laval
Images
  • PXL_20220121_214600397.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1752 posts
348 upvotes
For the life of me, I can't figure out whythe call display on my mom's Ooma stopped working.

Is it a problem with the service or the device itself?

Debating whether to get one of tthese to try
Newbie
Sep 11, 2008
33 posts
17 upvotes
Pincourt
Yes, Pointe-Claire has these at the reduced price, but not sure for the stock.
Jr. Member
Aug 25, 2009
109 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Many in stock at vaughan
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3902 posts
3815 upvotes
Muskoka
Not to thread crap but .....

Fongo is $4.95/month - so similar price, but they now include Unl Cda Wide and USA Wide calling, VoiceMail to eMail, CallFwd/simultanious to one or multiple numbers. No need for premium.

Up front costs for equipment and number port are about $55 currently. You have to buy from them. They provide a preconfigured Grandstream device.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4012 posts
2020 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Just got one box from Pointe-Claire. There are 3 boxes left. They are in the electronics area, sitting on top of some other regular merchandise.

Thanks for the posts/tips!

Good luck!
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1038 posts
915 upvotes
Costco ancaster on January 18th.
Images
  • IMG_20220118_190622.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7444 posts
7891 upvotes
This is a lava hot deal! Happy Ooma user here for more than one year and I paid $70 or $80 for the regular Ooma Telo device only, not the Air, and without the handsets

For the price, the ease of use, and the plug and play setup this is a great device, and, above all, they have a referral system. Soins is crystal clear, and I literally never ever had a dropped call since installed. When you subscribe you have (3??) months of Premier service. Don't forget to cancel if you are not interested un this Premier service, it will be automatically be charged after the free trial. The only downside : expensive to port your actual number ($40??)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7444 posts
7891 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Is Ooma easy to set up?

Looking for Home Phone Options other than Koodo, Zoomer, VOIP.ms, MagicJack, etc.
Literally plug and play. Setup your account online, plug the device in the router and voilà
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2007
118 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
krazykanuck wrote: https://www.obitalk.com/info/products/obi212

OBi212 VoIP Telephone Adapter & USB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 18th, 2021
*** Important notice to OBiTALK customers***
Summary: OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 have entered the End of Life phase with the following key milestones:
End of Sale date is December 18, 2021 (as supplies last)
End of Engineering Support is December 18, 2023.
End of Service date is December 18, 2023.
OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 products have entered the End of Sale phase with the last day of sale of these products to be December 18, 2021 (as supplies last). The End of Engineering support date and the End of Service date for all OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 products will be December 18, 2023. OBiTALK calling service will continue to be supported for the OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 until December 18, 2023. OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 devices may continue to work after the end of service date, but they will not be able to get added to the Google Voice service after December 18, 2023. OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212 devices registered prior to the End of Engineering Support date won’t be able to be provisioned via OBiTALK after the December 18, 2023 and can only be managed and provisioned locally (manually).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you. And Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4678 posts
4381 upvotes
Toronto
lkovacs wrote: the Ooma Telo unit itself is good (I have used one for years and purchased this set to update my old set which works fine but the rubberized plastic exterior is sticky and bugs me).
TIP: wipe it with rubbing alcohol. It'll remove the rubberized coating fairly easily and you'll have just nice, clean plastic.

I've done this with my old Ooma Telo and a couple of remote controls with this stupid coating. I had tried soap and even a scouring pad with poor results until I read a suggestion online about rubbing alcohol.

The coating feels nice and grippy at first, but it's a sticky mess after a few years. It makes sense for remote controls, but never made sense for the Telo, which just has a few buttons.
Newbie
Jul 30, 2012
25 posts
34 upvotes
GTA
Available at ajax costco. Picked one up, thanks OP!

Was on fence for a while. This is good..savings will partly pay for the porting.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
3369 posts
729 upvotes
North York
bobor wrote: For the life of me, I can't figure out whythe call display on my mom's Ooma stopped working.

Is it a problem with the service or the device itself?

Debating whether to get one of tthese to try
Call support - they are quite helpful.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 26, 2005
5292 posts
29981 upvotes
Montreal
FYI, I've called Costco HQ and in Quebec it's only Laval and Lebourgneuf that have remaining stock this morning.
Newbie
Jun 7, 2011
46 posts
38 upvotes
Another benefit of OOMA is their app.
It allows you to make and receive calls on your cellphone the same as if you were at home. I have used it on a cruise, out in the Atlantic, using the ships wifi to make calls home and book further travel.
Calls to an OOMA phone to an OOMA phone are free no matter where the devices are located. I helped a friend set up their family in Jamaica with an OOMA and now they can call each other for free.
Where I work tried to call me in for emergency overtime. When I returned the call they did not believe that I was out of the country as the caller ID said I was at home. I ended up having to email a selfie from the hotel lobby holding that days local paper.
Member
Oct 26, 2004
357 posts
46 upvotes
Saw some at OP price ($69.97) at Markham (Yorktech) location last night (Jan 21)
---

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)