Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Ooma Telo Home Phone Service Bundle with 3 Months of Premier Service for $99.99 w/FS

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2020 5:27 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1634 posts
9454 upvotes
MILTON

[Costco] Ooma Telo Home Phone Service Bundle with 3 Months of Premier Service for $99.99 w/FS

Features included with the basic calling service:
  • Free unlimited nationwide calling. Pay only applicable taxes and fees after the one-time purchase of Ooma Telo.
  • Low-cost international rates and unlimited international calling plans.
  • Voicemail, caller-ID, call-waiting, 911 and 911 text alerts. Receive a text or email when 911 is called from your Ooma phone number.
  • PureVoice HD technology for clarity and reliability.
  • Integration with smart devices including Amazon Echo and Nest.
  • Option to choose a new number, or transfer your current number for a one-time fee. See (ca.ooma.com > Home Phone > Ooma Phone Number) for porting availability.
  • Ooma Telo mobile app for free outbound calling from your Ooma phone number.
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Can this do fax?
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1802 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold
Can it be connected to alarm monitoring system?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
why NOT freephoneline?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Mar 28, 2003
810 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Some answers:
It can do whole home, Plug it in to the main port where the phone line comes in. Where the Bell or Rogers connects.
You can connect a Fax to it
I think it can do alarm monitoring, they also offer some alarm monitoring service.

Also offers an app to let you use your home number while travelling. I've used this app a couple of times to make urgent calls while travelling.
May 25, 2009
319 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: why NOT freephoneline?
How is FreePhoneLine? I see a one-time cost of ~$200 with the VoIP Unlock key, phone transfer, and the ATA module. Any recommendations on ATA adapters? I've been with Bell/Rogers for far too long, and they force us to bundle TV as home-phone and Internet are more expensive themselves -_-

It seems like the Ooma doesn't include Canada calling with the Free-tier
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Ooma service is up to $5 a month now (I believe - honestly I've 'set it and forget it' when it comes to this).

Service is incredibly clear, this is landline style quality, never an issue (unless the power goes out - use a cell phone).

My condo said the front door system doesn't work without landline - I said okay, let's try. It works.

For me it's peace of mind to give out my "home phone" number as opposed to my personal cell phone, which I cannot always answer at work.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1464 posts
1517 upvotes
+1 for Ooma. Have had it for years now.

Requires an Ethernet connection and for your cordless phone base station to be plugged in OR in your basement where the telephone connection comes in.

The product is incredibly simple, voice quality is great, and the app is a bonus for outbound calling when you’re travelling.

I’ve got my ooma router plugged into one of my mesh connections.
-
Nov 21, 2015
643 posts
388 upvotes
If Ooma ever decides to go rogue, will I be able to transfer out my number? My parents have been using the same number for 10+ years and I'd hate if they lost it. Hence the reason why we have been with the same voip provider for 6+ years paying $30 + tax. Been debating between this and Fongo.. not sure which route to take.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2017
1020 posts
790 upvotes
ive been using magic jack for the past 10 years with no issues other than its now 99$ for 3 years instead of 5 years like before

i would switch but i dont want my parents to lose the number

is this a one time fee or a yearly fee?
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10277 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
Been using Freephoneline with an ATA adapter for several (5+) years now. The one time paid VOIP unlock key was $79, but now is $99. Existing phone number transfer was $25, which I didn't go for. The Obi ATA box was around $40. Been pretty happy, works 95% of the time......and then need to screw around a bit to get it going again (usually power cycling fixes issues).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
CoinSaver wrote: Some answers:
It can do whole home, Plug it in to the main port where the phone line comes in. Where the Bell or Rogers connects.
You can connect a Fax to it
I think it can do alarm monitoring, they also offer some alarm monitoring service.

Also offers an app to let you use your home number while travelling. I've used this app a couple of times to make urgent calls while travelling.
If I stand correct you can make free phone calls over wifi via the app when you travel in foreign country?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Ooma worked with my alarm system when I had it.

Been using Ooma for years. Never had an issue. I like how I can use their phone app to make calls and check voicemails.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Feb 26, 2012
63 posts
87 upvotes
HAMILTON
+1 For Ooma as well. I set it up with the premier service years ago and never looked back. Works out to much, MUCH cheaper than having Bell or Rogers or Cogeco who were charging $54.95 for a home phone with their internet package.... for a VOIP phone line!! With the 3 months of the premium service I'd say this is a really good deal.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Benzat17 wrote: ive been using magic jack for the past 10 years with no issues other than its now 99$ for 3 years instead of 5 years like before

i would switch but i dont want my parents to lose the number

is this a one time fee or a yearly fee?
Porting a number over is $40.
If you subscribe to the premier plan, it's $120/year and includes a one time number port.

After the first year, you can cancel the premier plan and just pay $5/month for the "basic" plan.
Mar 28, 2003
810 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
DoorCrasher wrote: If I stand correct you can make free phone calls over wifi via the app when you travel in foreign country?
Yes, that's correct. You can make, and receive calls over wifi (or with data) through the app.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
It can work with an alarm system:
  • but you have to disable the Ooma sound (prior to the dial tone) in the settings online. To do that you have to set the device to Alarm system mode. Login to you Ooma account and go to Preferences->Devices->Click on the little gear under the Ooma and change it to Alarm Mode instead of Phone/Fax mode.
  • You also have to disconnect the phone line coming from the telco into the alarm/house so you don't have two things trying to send the dial tone. What I did was splice a phone cord and connected the Ooma where I disconnected it from Bell.
  • If you don't have an alarm system you can just plug the Ooma into any phone jack in the house but still disconnect the phone line coming in.
It works great. Sound quality is the same as a land line. Wish I used it more, its more for emergencies in our house.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4053 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
I have been using this for many years. Excellent price and equipment. Premier plan allows you two lines/numbers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5603 posts
2005 upvotes
Toronto
voip.ms is cheaper and immensely more powerful (you can set up IVRs, ring groups, calling rules, etc). That being said it takes a bit more effort to set up - but worth it IMO.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
Ooma is ok. It's much easier to setup than others less expansive voip systems so it's a good way to get used to voip. I'm not impressed by the sound quality. In my city, they have a 311 number which doesn't work. Bear in mind that they will most probably charge you mouthly extra fees. I have premium and the fees are almost 5$/mouth. Basic is not expansive but you don't have caller ID (and what comes with it) and other extras. Doesn,t work with power outage except if all your internet gear is on a battery powerbar (and assuming internet is not down in your area). There is no service in french except the information website. I'll rate it 6/10.
Pourquoi pas?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)