Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Oral-B Professional Care 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, 2-pack $89.99

[OP]
Nov 24, 2012
792 posts
198 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

[Costco] Oral-B Professional Care 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, 2-pack $89.99

Costco has the Oral B 2000 2-Pack on sale again. $30 off, which I believe was the same as last time (may have been $20).

Pretty good deal but I would like to hear peoples thoughts on Oral B vs Phillips (my hygienist recommended Oral B to me) and general thoughts on the 2000 model.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4104 posts
2804 upvotes
Toronto
have had sonic care and oral b in the past and the oral b brushes are better imo

for the replacement heads, go with aftermarket though, not oral b ones which are overpriced
Dec 27, 2007
21206 posts
12733 upvotes
Kitchener
True, it's the same as last time.

Might be worth to pick up from store case they still have 3000 inside the 2000 packaging.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... x-2173807/
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 9-2211247/
Aug 15, 2018
416 posts
699 upvotes
Vancouver
vivibaby wrote: That was over a year ago when Oral B ran out of stock. They've probably sold out of all of those by now.
I have sonicare and don't like them. They just vibrate, which I don't really understand. would appreciate if someone could break it down
Oct 23, 2008
128 posts
142 upvotes
I prefer Oral B - there's more mechanical cleaning action in the rotating head.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5483 upvotes
I brush 3x daily and had previously been using an electric toothbrush for 15~ years.

I have always been using oral-b, but due to the movement of the brush head, it has done significant damage to my gums over the years.
I know you are not supposed to apply pressure, and you are supposed to use your non dominant hand to brush, but despite all the bells and whistles of premium e toothbrushes and trying to put the advice into practice, here I am with gum recession.

For me anyways the Philips is a better brush because it is idiot proof I guess, had I used it instead of the oral B I would not have the kind of gum recession I have now.
Dec 24, 2012
50 posts
64 upvotes
HALIFAX
The brush has a pressure sensor that lights up red to indicate you are pressing too hard. It also has a "sensitive" cycle . The key to using a power brush is to let the brush do the work. Just walk the brush along your teeth and gums overlapping each tooth. The oscillating/rotating technology has been clinically proven to be superior. Do not go back and forth like you would with a manual brush. FYI I am a dental hygienist.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6892 posts
2423 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: I brush 3x daily and had previously been using an electric toothbrush for 15~ years.

I have always been using oral-b, but due to the movement of the brush head, it has done significant damage to my gums over the years.
I know you are not supposed to apply pressure, and you are supposed to use your non dominant hand to brush, but despite all the bells and whistles of premium e toothbrushes and trying to put the advice into practice, here I am with gum recession.

For me anyways the Philips is a better brush because it is idiot proof I guess, had I used it instead of the oral B I would not have the kind of gum recession I have now.
Do you have pics?
Jul 31, 2015
499 posts
280 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Got these plus the replacement brushes when it was on sale at Bellingham Costco ($100-$35=US$65). A big upgrade from those oral-B electric brushes I used years ago. Was surprised how much power it had. Glad for the red light and automatic power down if you press too hard.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28798 posts
9284 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: That was over a year ago when Oral B ran out of stock. They've probably sold out of all of those by now.
Yeah these have been gone forever unless you can somehow find a Costco that still has these. I've been checking pretty much every time I go into Costco and never seen the 3000-in-2000-packaging again :( The funny part is the display (which is like glued on) is always the 3000.
Jan 5, 2012
80 posts
78 upvotes
Montreal
I used the Philips Sonicare for the past 5 years or so. Mine stopped working about one month ago. It was pretty strange by vibrating randomly, day and night. I had to open it to see what happens and I discovered that water went inside and it was like a short circuit. Besides that, I did not find that it brushed well. I was just stuck with it. I got yesterday the Oral B and I can feel a difference in a good way. It looks like it cleans better.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7096 posts
3499 upvotes
Montreal
Is it same sale price in stores?
I didn’t see it in weekly costco thread

Thank you
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5483 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Do you have pics?
of my gums?? No.
It's not the horrible recession you see on google, but it's enough to cause sensitivity on most of my back teeth.
Considering my age <30, this goes beyond typical wear and tear, and was likely caused my the toothbrush
Oct 14, 2017
905 posts
735 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: Is it same sale price in stores?
I didn’t see it in weekly costco thread

Thank you
In BC its the same price in store.
Dec 27, 2007
21206 posts
12733 upvotes
Kitchener
No, the deal (not the sightings) was 8 month ago not a year and no one actually knew why the 3000 were in 2000 packagings, Costco never offered them because they were out of stock it was just how Costco got them, and no one reported that's no longer the case (on all stores), so might be worthy a check in store vs ordering online.
Dec 23, 2016
242 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa
I have oral-B 9000. It's similar with all the other oral-B x000 series except that has Bluetooth and other stuff that i never use (like possibility to change LED color).

It's a good tooth brush, cleans well. Definitely less plaque built-up.

The only big difference in the series is the battery (done of them Li others Ni). Mine has Li battery, lasts 12 days between charges.