• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2018 10:12 am
[OP]
Sep 12, 2006
189 posts
134 upvotes
London

[Costco] Organika® - Certified Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder

Costco is selling a 2-pk x 400g Organika® - Certified Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder.

Both well.ca and amazon.ca have it for $28.99.

Benefits of Maca Powder (source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/be ... t#section9):
  1. It's Highly Nutritious
  2. It Increases Libido in Men and Women
  3. It May Increase Fertility in Men
  4. It May Help Relieve Symptoms of Menopause
  5. Maca Can Improve Your Mood
  6. It May Boost Sports Performance and Energy
  7. It May Improve Learning and Memory
  8. It May Reduce Prostate Size
57 replies
Jan 11, 2008
120 posts
29 upvotes
Thanks. I was looking for this product the other day.

One thing to note about Maca is that its effect build over a week or two. So don't be discouraged if you don't get an effect immediately.
Nov 19, 2004
547 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal
montyhall wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:17 pm
Costco is selling a 2-pk x 400g Organika® - Certified Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder.

Both well.ca and amazon.ca have it for $28.99.
Thanks for sharing - it's a well rated long established product, and it's at $39.99 (for 2) once or twice a year. Well worth it at this price. Note that the capsule format, as well as YouTheory Maca capsules are also on sale like this... until the 21st.
trader37 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:16 am
Is this available in-store?
I've never seen an maca product in store at any of the greater Montreal area Costco outlets.
Jan 8, 2006
754 posts
153 upvotes
Pretty sure I saw this being sold at Fortinos this weekend for anyone look for some instore, although its $30 a bag there. I bought some from Costco a year ago and never got into a routine of using it but should go back and give it another try.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2356 posts
694 upvotes
This is at least the third year in a row where this has gone $10 off at the beginning of January so if it's something you use on a regular basis, look for it on sale again this time next year.
Dec 21, 2016
147 posts
93 upvotes
jaszy wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 6:29 pm
1lb bag (454g) of Viva Naturals for $16.99 at amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/Viva-Naturals-Gel ... B00HES7572 - ends up being cheaper. Is this any different though?
Considering trying Maca powder. Co-worker raves about it.
Usually there isn’t much difference from different brands since most of them comes from the same origin. And also both are big brands, they have certain grade of qualities. Also both are gelatinized, so bio-availability is good for our body to absorb. But for some people who is super sensitive can tell the difference from different colors of maca( maca has black, red and yellow colors.” If you haven’t tried any yet, either brand will do.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7573 posts
1975 upvotes
Toronto
does this make you strong like bull?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
[OP]
Sep 12, 2006
189 posts
134 upvotes
London
Chris258852 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 7:06 pm
Usually there isn’t much difference from different brands since most of them comes from the same origin. And also both are big brands, they have certain grade of qualities. Also both are gelatinized, so bio-availability is good for our body to absorb. But for some people who is super sensitive can tell the difference from different colors of maca( maca has black, red and yellow colors.” If you haven’t tried any yet, either brand will do.
If it matters to you, I'm pretty sure Organika is a Canadian company out of B.C. and Vita-Naturals is out of the US. We've tried other Organika products and we like them.
Dec 21, 2016
147 posts
93 upvotes
montyhall wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 7:59 pm
If it matters to you, I'm pretty sure Organika is a Canadian company out of B.C. and Vita-Naturals is out of the US. We've tried other Organika products and we like them.
Yes, forget to mention that Organika is a Canadian brand.thanks for reminding me.
Aug 23, 2013
909 posts
233 upvotes
Scarborough
Always seen people raving about this and never really looked into it that much.

Seeing those health benefits has me intrigued.

Can you just mix this with water and drink it?
Is there a distinct taste?
Dec 21, 2016
147 posts
93 upvotes
Bleachway wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 8:31 pm
Always seen people raving about this and never really looked into it that much.

Seeing those health benefits has me intrigued.

Can you just mix this with water and drink it?
Is there a distinct taste?
There is a distinct taste. But you get used to it. And yes you can mix with water, oatmeal or smoothies
Apr 2, 2009
177 posts
106 upvotes
vancouver
My wife was just talking about wanting to buy some Maca and not 5 minutes later I saw this post. Great deal - thanks OP!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Feb 26, 2017
168 posts
58 upvotes
Skip this stuff and get Epimedium if you want a more direct ..... means.