Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Oris Watch : BC3 & Oris Artelier - $900/$1300 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 11:38 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 18, 2011
106 posts
196 upvotes
montreal
DjRags604 wrote: BC3 can be had at that price all day long. Artleier price isn’t bad though.
Please PM me where you can find it at that price all day long i am curious as i was in the market for one and Costco was best offert by far
May 3, 2010
263 posts
46 upvotes
To those thrashing the Sellita movements, these are commonly used by many manufacturers including IWC, Oris, Breitling etc. These are pretty similar to the ETA movements and are easy to service by most watchmakers without requiring to send them into the manufacturer or only specific ADs.

In terms of comparing them Seikos and Steinharts for accuracy, none of these movements are regulated and it's really a luck of the draw.

I have 2 Oris Aquis watches, they both have the Sellita movements and they both consistently run about +2/+3 per day which is well within COSC. The gentleman who's watch is running +22, you need to get it looked at (for free, if it's still under warranty).
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4981 posts
1692 upvotes
Debtario
weedb0y wrote: My SARB035 is +6/day and my Steinhart is -2/day.

+22 indicates ORIS paid no attention to it. Lol
They might not have at all. I'm actually not sure if Oris regulates these themselves or just puts them in as they come. IIRC steinhart does regulate, but Seiko is notorious for unregulated movements, even in the MM300 that costs >$2K (and is a total B to service because it's a solid case design; movement has to be accessed through the crystal)! I've been lucky, but it's not hard to find reviews of people getting not so great accuracy on newly purchased watches.

Either way, even if regulated by the manufacturer they are still mass-produced goods and there will be duds, there's also magnetism, knocks, grit/thickened oils, or any number of factors that can mess with timekeeping in a mechanical watch.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2191 posts
539 upvotes
Frankly ORIS is devaluing its brand by selling through Costco.
Dec 10, 2003
441 posts
337 upvotes
Vancouver #1
correct me if I'm wrong but Oris does not sell through costco. These are grey market watches they are reselling. They didn't get them from oris directly so the warranty is not covered by oris which means your only option is to return to Costco. I'm guessing a large retailer has too much inventory and Costco bought them to re sell.

The black one looks great and Oris is one of the only independent brands remaining and we'll knows to make high quality watches. Respectable brand at good value prices.

I bought an omega from Costco over five years ago. Still runs less than a minute off per month. I have worn it daily and still looks great. I've also worn a citizen daily for 10 years and it looked beat up AF.

For a budget under $3000, this is the number 1 brand I would recommend. Imho, better brand that Tissot , tag Heuer. There are some tags that are way better but not for under $3k.
Dec 2, 2014
345 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vitaming wrote: I don't see the point of a $800 automatic if they cost $300 to service... Also how would Costco warranty work if the watch breaks due to lack of service?
Wear it for 8 years and sell before it needs service
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1741 posts
1069 upvotes
Ottawa
DRC wrote: Have steered away from Costco the past couple of weeks to avoid panicked TP shoppers. So they removed all the watches? Display cases too? Very strange. Any idea why?
Maybe because people get too close to the glass while looking at jewelries, breathe on them and touch them which would spread the germs.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4667 upvotes
Ottawa
andreid wrote: Frankly ORIS is devaluing its brand by selling through Costco.
Oris has probably nothing to do with it. These are essentially grey market. I was in the US a month ago and there was a selection of Omega and Tags. It was clearly stated that warranty is a Costco 2 year warranty and if you are not satisfied, you can return at Costco at any point.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Feb 8, 2018
39 posts
32 upvotes
I got the black BC3 from Stoney Creek Costco at Christmas and have been wearing it daily. Seems to only gain 1-2 seconds per day, far more accurate than my Hamilton Khaki Chrono. Power reserve seems a bit low (38h) but I'm just used to the Hamilton I guess (60h). It is very light and thin compared to a Chrono so it's a nice everyday wearer. I'm still not sure about the rubber strap, but I was thinking of a textile Nato style anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7429 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
Generally speaking, I will only price check with sale prices at Joma or the likes.

It’s hotter if the price is half of those grey market sites and not MSRP.

If I were to get a watch from Costco, they had a Raymond Weil blue colour diving watch looked pretty good.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3315 posts
126 upvotes
Sherbrooke
r1lee wrote: The problem with the Artelier is that it uses a settila movement. Unless they have fixed it over the years, but my old artelier skeleton ran +22sec a day.
They use SALLITA base movement. Older Oris were still using eta. (actually I think Oris started using Sallita only 5-8 years ago)

Sallita started making their own movement in 2003. before that, they were the 3rd party manufacturer for ETA. ETA is now exclusive to Swatch group. (Oris is independent brand.

If your watch run 22 sec off, it need adjustment. Which is a 5 minutes job for a competent watchmaker. but if it's too old, a full service wouldn't be a luxe. Which should be around $200

This is nice deal. With our CAD money it's even better
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40772 posts
6260 upvotes
93civicin604 wrote: correct me if I'm wrong but Oris does not sell through costco. These are grey market watches they are reselling. They didn't get them from oris directly so the warranty is not covered by oris which means your only option is to return to Costco. I'm guessing a large retailer has too much inventory and Costco bought them to re sell.

The black one looks great and Oris is one of the only independent brands remaining and we'll knows to make high quality watches. Respectable brand at good value prices.

I bought an omega from Costco over five years ago. Still runs less than a minute off per month. I have worn it daily and still looks great. I've also worn a citizen daily for 10 years and it looked beat up AF.

For a budget under $3000, this is the number 1 brand I would recommend. Imho, better brand that Tissot , tag Heuer. There are some tags that are way better but not for under $3k.
So the ones sold at Costco are fake?
Proud to be an Indian.
Dec 1, 2003
20761 posts
3108 upvotes
YUL
djemzine wrote: So the ones sold at Costco are fake?
No. Costco would never sell a fake. They’re simply an unauthorized dealer which means Oris will not provide a warranty.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14040 posts
2493 upvotes
Toronto
r1lee wrote: The problem with the Artelier is that it uses a settila movement. Unless they have fixed it over the years, but my old artelier skeleton ran +22sec a day.
Yes, this is one of the reasons why I prefer a COSC or better accuracy level.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Dec 27, 2009
42 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
Never heard this brand until watched the movie recently