Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Oris Watch : BC3 & Oris Artelier - $900/$1300 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 11:38 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13683 posts
4827 upvotes
Ottawa
Lots of Oris on sale for 20% off by the way. Also Tag, Mido, Rado, Hamilton, Tissot
https://www.monacogroup.ca/
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Sep 17, 2019
21 posts
7 upvotes
CallMeHank wrote: This is 2 months back, but I found a ladies Oris Artelier Diamond at my local Costco on clearance for $349.97

They had changed the SKU so that even employees could not see the price before the clearance.

Grabbed it for the wife immediately... Beautiful watch at an insane price. It was right next to a $499.97 Movado

IMG_20200209_153018.jpgIMG_20200209_152744.jpgIMG_20200209_152849.jpgIMG_20200209_153941.jpg
Wow, great watches for the cheap price.

My congritulations for the nice dealWinking Face

Also some another great options with the price range <500 (amazon prices)

https://watchmakernotes.com/best-skelet ... under-500/
Last edited by Bakagan on May 26th, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hide and seek
Jun 10, 2008
82 posts
49 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: They might not have at all. I'm actually not sure if Oris regulates these themselves or just puts them in as they come. IIRC steinhart does regulate, but Seiko is notorious for unregulated movements, even in the MM300 that costs >$2K (and is a total B to service because it's a solid case design; movement has to be accessed through the crystal)! I've been lucky, but it's not hard to find reviews of people getting not so great accuracy on newly purchased watches.
Interesting details, thanks! Just for fun, I checked my relatively inexpensive 23 year old Seiko kinetic that I changed the capacitor on last November. It gained 3 seconds since then. As you say, accuracy is a crapshoot, but I guess I got lucky.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5010 posts
1717 upvotes
Debtario
CADman wrote: Interesting details, thanks! Just for fun, I checked my relatively inexpensive 23 year old Seiko kinetic that I changed the capacitor on last November. It gained 3 seconds since then. As you say, accuracy is a crapshoot, but I guess I got lucky.
Quartz will always be very accurate. The crapshoot is for automatics, for example seiko has a very wide range, something like -15 to +25 seconds PER DAY that is considered normal. With higher end watches you tend to get more of guarantee on accuracy, such as those that state officially certified chronometer
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5225 posts
1555 upvotes
93civicin604 wrote: .

I bought an omega from Costco over five years ago. Still runs less than a minute off per month. I have worn it daily and still looks great. I've also worn a citizen daily for 10 years and it looked beat up AF.
Which model Omega did you get, and do you remember how much it was? Feel free to pm me :) thanks!
warpdrive wrote: Oris has probably nothing to do with it. These are essentially grey market. I was in the US a month ago and there was a selection of Omega and Tags. It was clearly stated that warranty is a Costco 2 year warranty and if you are not satisfied, you can return at Costco at any point.
Which Omega models did you see, do you remember the prices? Thanks!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1349 posts
485 upvotes
Narkham
So much hate for Sellita ..

Any one see Big Crown ProPilot?
RFD is the reason I live in poverty.
Dec 10, 2003
441 posts
337 upvotes
Vancouver #1
https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omeg ... 0465101001

$7800 after taxes. Be warn. It was imperfect. The hour hand does not hit the middle of the number when the minute hand hits 12. It it 1mm off. I still kept it because it was my first baller watch and the difference makes it uniquely mine. It is the size of a hockey puck so it hurts my wrist sometimes when. I don't get enough sleep. Because wrist needs to heal from the weight of wearing such a hefty watch.
Jan 19, 2011
981 posts
523 upvotes
Montreal
CADman wrote: Interesting details, thanks! Just for fun, I checked my relatively inexpensive 23 year old Seiko kinetic that I changed the capacitor on last November. It gained 3 seconds since then. As you say, accuracy is a crapshoot, but I guess I got lucky.
I had a seiko 5 for a few years, it was under $100. I don't know how much it was gaining per day but I'd adjust it every week and by the end of the week I was arriving early at meetings and waiting a long time at the bus stop LOL. Had enough after getting a real job and replaced it for a newer model Seiko Kinetic and obviously no issues now. This kinetic has the larger capacitor vs. my old one from 1998 and it's still running after 2 months in my drawer thanks to the corona so I'm impressed.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17567 posts
1118 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
r1lee wrote: The problem with the Artelier is that it uses a settila movement. Unless they have fixed it over the years, but my old artelier skeleton ran +22sec a day.
are we still doing this thing where we are supposed to look down on Selitta SW200 ?

There's nothing wrong with Selitta, esp. not their workhorse model. as someone mentioned in this thread its a clone of the ETA that everyone raves about.

the Artelier looks decent, reminds me of my carrera calibre 5... and more cost-effective too, lol