Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

[and other retailers] LG C1 OLED TV " 300 OFF 55" ($1497.99) and 65" $300 OFF ($1997.99) + special price on the C2

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2022 3:02 am
Dec 28, 2011
351 posts
137 upvotes
TORONTO
Michaelle wrote: Who's they? Can you give me their contact? Let me try
Ah sorry didn't mention location. Costco Richmond Hill, they have 2 display models apparently including one in the back barely used. Talked to big guy manager named Andrej.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
I'm really happy with this TV and its ability to upscale lower-resolution content. I hooked my Nintendo Switch to it expecting it to look worse than my old TV because of the higher resolution and bigger screen, but the TV seems to have presets for it that greatly improve the experience. Not only is the image sharp, but the motion interpolation makes the gameplay smoother. Breath of the Wild looks much better than it used to on my old 50" from 2015.
Feb 1, 2018
126 posts
60 upvotes
machoman wrote: Lucky, got turned down at 3 costcos and 3 visions. I just gave up and stuck with thr 65". I hope you enjoy it, didn't realize it was 40% larger wow.
I too tried my luck with Visions for 77 & best they could do is $2850 if you pickup in store. They only had 6 units left, that too scattered in different locations & nothing in warehouse. So most probably all will be sold out well before Black Friday.
Jan 22, 2015
567 posts
515 upvotes
York, ON
h12f17 wrote: So, to give back,
I went to Oshawa this morning, saw the last 2 people taking the last 2 unit at 9;10.
Called Costco admin, confirmed, this price is only for that store, AND Hamilton in Stoney creek, when I called this morning there is suppose to be 2 there for 77 inch at 2499.
Too far for me, I called few different retailer, was told this pricing is unreal, too good to be true, refused to match, however at 1 of a chain retailer ,I was able to show the receipt @MKOtic posted and got it matched.
The first thing they did ask was if there was any stock left in costco, so I said Hamilton did have it, not sure if they called to check , waited 5-10 mins, got the manager's approval, was told they are losing money at this price, basically forced the extended warranty down on me(as I felt like at one point they don't want to match it if I don't buy it.), I did refuse it a few time before getting the price knocked to 389 for 5 years total, (nothing compare to costco), however they will deliver it for free to my house( so that made the warranty easier to swallow).
The thing is I was refused by another store from the same chain prior. so give it a try guys, I am unable to name the retailer or post the receipt as I have yet to get the delivery of the unit, as they will deliver it this coming week, the guy at the store keep saying this is a price they will not give to walk in customer and even proceed to highlight the Costco price match on the receipt. Hopefully this experience help people, I will post the name of the store if people still wants to know after I get my unit delivered.
Can you pm me the name of the retailer or the person contact? I'd like to get the same deal
Aug 23, 2005
693 posts
536 upvotes
Ontario
warpdrive wrote: Do the Sonys support Dolby Vision IQ? On my C1, I didn't have it enabled for the longest time (mainly because I was not even using DV since I have an old nVidia Shield), but I started to use the built in apps instead of my Shield. So I decided to try it out the IQ mode. And it makes a pretty noticeable difference. Shadow detail is more easily seen during the daytime.

To enable it, play some content that is Dolby Vision enabled, and then select Cinema Home mode and go to General settings and turn ON the AI Brightness setting. That is supposed to enable the Dolby Vision IQ algorithm.
The Sony OLEDs don't list Dolby Vision IQ as an official supported format. They do have an ambient light sensor but they probably don't use that in conjunction with the Dolby Vision dynamic metadata.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
A-Town wrote: The Sony OLEDs don't list Dolby Vision IQ as an official supported format. They do have an ambient light sensor but they probably don't use that in conjunction with the Dolby Vision dynamic metadata.
DV IQ is a pretty cool feature. I find it effective so far.....so much so that it would sway me to choose one set over another for that reason. Using HDR in varying light conditions is something I struggle with. But with ambient light sensor along with DV's tone mapping, it really improves the viewability for the better in varying light conditions. Call me a believer.

Sony could definitely implement something to the same effect, and I'm wondering if they cant' just support it in a firmware update.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Sep 24, 2017
233 posts
79 upvotes
Guelph ON
Does anyone able to do a price match (Return and buy) after 90 days?
Nov 17, 2017
307 posts
98 upvotes
Gta
I ended up grabing 65". I tried wall mounting it on same set up i had with samsung 58nu7100 but it seems very high. i reaally dont want to remove the wall mount from where it is now and replace it. Is thrre any other option any1 can suggests me?
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25735 upvotes
Montreal
skguyt20 wrote: I ended up grabing 65". I tried wall mounting it on same set up i had with samsung 58nu7100 but it seems very high. i reaally dont want to remove the wall mount from where it is now and replace it. Is thrre any other option any1 can suggests me?
Like with everything, you'll get used to it.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, my friend had the same problem. Eventually he repositioned the wallmount because it felt weird looking up so much. I had a tall media cabinet with my TV and replaced mine to get my new TV lower. I like my TV about 21" off the floor with the stand. That's perfect for the couch we use.

I would hate to watch TV with it mounted over the fireplace.
Nov 17, 2017
307 posts
98 upvotes
Gta
Thats what i have. Mounted over fireplace. Nexk started hurting already.
warpdrive wrote: Yeah, my friend had the same problem. Eventually he repositioned the wallmount because it felt weird looking up so much. I had a tall media cabinet with my TV and replaced mine to get my new TV lower. I like my TV about 21" off the floor with the stand. That's perfect for the couch we use.

Nov 17, 2010
401 posts
448 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: Yeah, my friend had the same problem. Eventually he repositioned the wallmount because it felt weird looking up so much. I had a tall media cabinet with my TV and replaced mine to get my new TV lower. I like my TV about 21" off the floor with the stand. That's perfect for the couch we use.

My tv is over the fireplace but I picked up a cool mount from prime cables that lowers it down about 2 feet, which is perfect. If you calibrate the mount properly you can position it anywhere in between the top and bottom positions. Downside is that it is quite far from the wall in the down position but it needs to clear the fireplace anyway.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
tr0ck wrote: My tv is over the fireplace but I picked up a cool mount from prime cables that lowers it down about 2 feet, which is perfect. If you calibrate the mount properly you can position it anywhere in between the top and bottom positions. Downside is that it is quite far from the wall in the down position but it needs to clear the fireplace anyway.
I just like my TV close to eye level which feels the most comfortable for long term viewing. I guess your kind of mount is a good option if you are not using the fireplace at the same time.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Sep 30, 2010
293 posts
306 upvotes
Mississauga
Can’t wait for the c2 42 model to go on sale Black Friday / this fall… will be my new monitor
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
warpdrive wrote: I just like my TV close to eye level which feels the most comfortable for long term viewing. I guess your kind of mount is a good option if you are not using the fireplace at the same time.
+1, Eye level at 2/3rds height of the screen for us. Can't imagine watching above our fireplace.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Piro21 wrote: I'm really happy with this TV and its ability to upscale lower-resolution content. I hooked my Nintendo Switch to it expecting it to look worse than my old TV because of the higher resolution and bigger screen, but the TV seems to have presets for it that greatly improve the experience. Not only is the image sharp, but the motion interpolation makes the gameplay smoother. Breath of the Wild looks much better than it used to on my old 50" from 2015.
Can you comment on the video settings you use with your Nintendo Switch? Did you turn off any of the LG AI?
Banned
Oct 28, 2015
2166 posts
1229 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
For those who uses it as a computer monitor and notices a 2~3 pixels wide border around your real desktop, and sometimes it shifts itself a bit, you weren't crazy and DON'T try to battle it under the video overscan option and leave the C1 Scan option to "original"..... It's the damn OLED Care was working and every now and then it would shift the whole screen a few pixels....

Turn "OLED Care" off and you would have 100% pixel perfect resolution.

This phantom "OLED Care" drove me crazy for past a few days and initially I thought my Intel UHD 600 was turning bad, and tried several drivers for it....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
xuanzh wrote: For those who uses it as a computer monitor and notices a 2~3 pixels wide border around your real desktop, and sometimes it shifts itself a bit, you weren't crazy and DON'T try to battle it under the video overscan option and leave the C1 Scan option to "original"..... It's the damn OLED Care was working and every now and then it would shift the whole screen a few pixels....

Turn "OLED Care" off and you would have 100% pixel perfect resolution.

This phantom "OLED Care" drove me crazy for past a few days and initially I thought my Intel UHD 600 was turning bad, and tried several drivers for it....
If you turn "OLED Care" off, you are prone to burn in. Nothing's perfect in this world....
Dec 28, 2006
810 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
My parents have the primecables pulldown fireplace mount and it works great. They were thinking of just flat mounting it, but are now glad I recommended the pull down option: https://www.shopperplus.ca/p-362175-cab ... rimecables

It says it's for a maximum of 70", but they have had a 75" TV on there for over a year with no issues. For a cleaner look, they left the handle off and just reach behind and use the bar to move it as needed.

A few years before, my inlaws mounted their TV with a full motion, but non pull down model, above the fireplace and it's too high. That was before I saw the pulldown option. I suggested that they replace it, but they feel the current mount is good enough. That is their call, but after seeing both options, I would definitely use the pulldown model if I was mounting a TV over a fireplace. IMHO it's worth the extra money and time (extra time if you have to remove the previous mount and install a new one).

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)