Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

OTTAWA EXCLUSIVE - Rogers Small Business Mobile Phone Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2022 1:48 pm
Feb 18, 2013
170 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] OTTAWA EXCLUSIVE - Rogers Small Business Mobile Phone Plan

20 GB shareable data per line: 24 month commitment

All amounts below are pre-HST

**HST NUMBER WAS REQUESTED**

First line Monthly Fee: $80 (Canada-US Calling/Text/Data) <- if you don't need US, it's $5 less
Ottawa Region Plan Discount: $15
Automatic Payment Discount: $5
10% wireless plan discount ("if buying a device"): $6.00
"Wireless plan bill credit" ($350 / 24 months): $14.58
"Wireless plan - 12 months" <- some random discount the agent was able to apply: $5.00

$34.42 months 1-12
$39.42 months 13-24
$54 months 25 onward

Additional Lines Monthly Fee: $75 (Canada-wide)
Ottawa Region Plan Discount: $15
Automatic Payment Discount: $5
Additional Line Promotion: $25
10% wireless plan discount ("if buying a device"): $3.50
"Wireless plan bill credit" ($350 / 24 months): $14.58
"Wireless plan - 12 months" <- some random discount the agent was able to apply: $5.00

$7.42 months 1-12
$12.42 months 13-24
$27.00 months 25 onward

For five lines, I found the savings too good to be true, but gambled with a day of my time getting numbers ported, reviewing the contracts and drafting a summary of what I should expect via billing. Even if there are some credits to iron out, the savings are too massive to pass up.

In addition, acquired a new 128GB I-Phone 13 for each line. Cost was $20 per month x 24 months, but got $300 in Costco gift cards, free bluetooth earbuds and car charger for each purchase. If the above makes its way to monthly billing accurately, this would be a fantastic deal for anyone in Ottawa with an HST number and family lines to look after.

If you're looking from Ottawa and want to visit the Blair location, the guy that helped me was "Jawad" - super hard working, helpful and sincere. A+ service.
8 replies
May 1, 2017
103 posts
86 upvotes
I have a similar plan here in GTA. Instead of ottawa credits I got different ones. But please note, 10% will be after all the deductions. So it wont be 6 dollars.
Feb 18, 2013
170 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
vipnotion wrote: I have a similar plan here in GTA. Instead of ottawa credits I got different ones. But please note, 10% will be after all the deductions. So it wont be 6 dollars.
Fair enough. The above is how it was laid out by the staffer who did the deal for me. Unfortunately, the "ordering" of discounts is not defined in the contract provided by Rogers. It's just a *listing* of promotional discounts. If I come remotely close to the above without too much time wasted getting the invoicing straight, I'll still be very, very grateful.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4626 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
So 90 bucks total, for 5 lines, of 20gb each.
Dec 9, 2017
115 posts
52 upvotes
Don't want to hijack this thread, but just want to mention that for folks that are partial to Bell.. that the kiosk also offers a similar Bell deal for SMB clients.

I've got a similar plan, but offered to do it at the Source instead as to not wait in line for my turn at the booth.

Phenomenal savings for those that can take advantage of it!
Jun 6, 2006
325 posts
220 upvotes
Acton
Is there an expiry on this deal …and anyone in the GTA find something similar and can share details?
Feb 18, 2013
170 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
dubstarr wrote: Is there an expiry on this deal …and anyone in the GTA find something similar and can share details?
With all the crazy discounts and promotions, and the fact that those details are controlled by someone remotely in an office, I feel it can change at any time. Plus the Costco gift card element sounds like it's promoted by the store, which is a different outfit than the kiosk I believe. In any case, I asked Jawad and he said that from what they could see, it's good until January 2.

And as dngyn420 stated, I was also told that Bell has an identical offer (Costco will route you through one of 4-5 carriers). I went with Rogers only because he didn't have five phones for me to set up on the Bell network, only Rogers (I guess the SIMs). And I was so shocked at the pricing, I dropped what I was doing to lock this up. I regretted missing the BF deals and didn't want this to slip away.
Apr 30, 2004
198 posts
211 upvotes
Ottawa
I activated 9 lines on this Bell deal.
$55 for 20GB Canada Talk and Text
-10% Costco Boxing Discount
-$350 Port in from Bell competition, or $100 Activation if on Bell subsidiary (Paid out as 24x $14.58 monthly discounts
-$25 2nd line+ discount
= $9.92+tax for 2nd line, $34.92+tax for 1st line.
You can get $5/month for 2-yr Samsung S21 FE phone lease (return phone after 2yr) and receive $300 GC. If you amortize the extra money over the plan period your paying $3.86+tax ($4.36) a month for your 2nd line+. Unfortunately they had a better deal BF when I activated my 9-lines at $1/month phone lease where they are paying me $0.16 for my 2nd-9th line a month... I'm going to go add another 2 lines today though since I need them for my businesses. Also note I was assessed a $400 security deposit for the lines 7-9th. So be prepared for that if you are activating a lot of lines.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1900 posts
2263 upvotes
Calgary
Jeremy_H_Chan wrote: I activated 9 lines on this Bell deal.
$55 for 20GB Canada Talk and Text
-10% Costco Boxing Discount
-$350 Port in from Bell competition, or $100 Activation if on Bell subsidiary (Paid out as 24x $14.58 monthly discounts
-$25 2nd line+ discount
= $9.92+tax for 2nd line, $34.92+tax for 1st line.
You can get $5/month for 2-yr Samsung S21 FE phone lease (return phone after 2yr) and receive $300 GC. If you amortize the extra money over the plan period your paying $3.86+tax ($4.36) a month for your 2nd line+. Unfortunately they had a better deal BF when I activated my 9-lines at $1/month phone lease where they are paying me $0.16 for my 2nd-9th line a month... I'm going to go add another 2 lines today though since I need them for my businesses. Also note I was assessed a $400 security deposit for the lines 7-9th. So be prepared for that if you are activating a lot of lines.
There's a 20GB $55 plan outside of Quebec? I rarely use over 15GB of data so this looks like a much better option.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)