• Jul 13th, 2020 11:27 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1145 posts
1750 upvotes
scarborough

[Costco] Ottlite Entice LED Desk Lamp with Wireless Charging

Even though this product is only $11 off Ottolites are usually twice the price at other retailera

This feature-packed folding lamp helps reduce eyestrain with next-generation ClearSun LED technology that reduces eyestrain up to 51%. It also includes 2 additional colour modes (warm white and bright white). Brightness can be adjusted with up and down buttons. Keep your devices fully charged using the Qi wireless charging pad or the 5 V, 2.1 A USB port.

Features:
Proprietary, exclusive OttLite ClearSun® LED reduces eyestrain by 51%
Specially designed to help you see clearly and comfortably
Dimmable with touch controls
3 colour temperature modes (warm light, bright white and ClearSun® natural daylight)
Folds down when not in use
Sleek aluminum arm and shade adjust to deliver illumination where you need it
Height adjusts from 27.9 cm to 55.8 cm (10.9 in. to 21.9 in.) with 2 points of articulation
Wireless charging for Qi-enabled phones
Includes 5 V, 2.1 A USB port to fully charge mobile phones and tablets
12 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10270 posts
3777 upvotes
5 W Qi charging pad for wireless charging

A little slow for my liking
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Nov 21, 2001
830 posts
146 upvotes
Markham
I like the light, I think even if you ignore the usb/wireless charging, it's still a good deal.

Anyone know of something as good without charging?

Need two task lamps for the kids' desks
Dec 29, 2013
229 posts
216 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: 5 W Qi charging pad for wireless charging

A little slow for my liking
It's a little slow for sure, but this is a 'toss it on the light base at the end of the day and pick it up in the morning charged' kind of solution, not something that I'd use to quickly top off my battery before heading out for the evening. I'm using one right this moment and like it - stable, looks neat, colour profiles are great (I am using a warm daylight), and the clock / temperature are useful.
Apr 7, 2009
575 posts
358 upvotes
toronto
groo wrote: I like the light, I think even if you ignore the usb/wireless charging, it's still a good deal.

Anyone know of something as good without charging?

Need two task lamps for the kids' desks
I've been looking as well. Ikea has some that are reasonably priced. This one's $30 but not sure how it compares:
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/ypperlig-l ... -00349905/
Mar 26, 2004
379 posts
276 upvotes
Ottawa
apneab wrote: It's a little slow for sure, but this is a 'toss it on the light base at the end of the day and pick it up in the morning charged' kind of solution, not something that I'd use to quickly top off my battery before heading out for the evening. I'm using one right this moment and like it - stable, looks neat, colour profiles are great (I am using a warm daylight), and the clock / temperature are useful.
Does this one have a clock? I had an older version of this from Costco with only the USB charging port and the clock was terribly inaccurate. I was almost happy when the lamp itself died after just over a year.
Nov 25, 2012
136 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
dfm74 wrote: Does this one have a clock? I had an older version of this from Costco with only the USB charging port and the clock was terribly inaccurate. I was almost happy when the lamp itself died after just over a year.
I have two ottolite with a clock and it’s keeps time accurately

As for the charger being slow I just plug it in at night and it charges by the time I get up

The nice thing with this is the difference in the light color. It can be really bright or you can dim it so it lights up dimly
Nov 21, 2001
830 posts
146 upvotes
Markham
Great discussion! Thanks, ordered two!
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17819 posts
10369 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought one of the Ottlite Workwell series lamps and I like the light quality https://www.ottliteworkwell.com/

The Ottlites are excellent because they have high CRI. https://www.takethreelighting.com/under ... g-cri.html -> In general, the higher the CRI, things look more like their natural colour

The one on this has their Clearsun which is supposed to be CRI 97, which is excellent. A lot of other LED lamps don't come close. https://www.ottlite.com/ottlite-clear-sun-led#
Last edited by warpdrive on Jul 13th, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1695 posts
1133 upvotes
Anyone know the lumens in this light?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5404 posts
5461 upvotes
Edmonton
5W would be fine for airpods and other accessories. For phones I would buy a $20-$30 fast wireless charging stand from amazon.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 10, 2003
754 posts
339 upvotes
Richmond
Does anyone know what is the lumen output? I tried to google it but couldn't find anything. Want to know if it is bright enough.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17819 posts
10369 upvotes
Ottawa
fatestkid wrote: 5W would be fine for airpods and other accessories. For phones I would buy a $20-$30 fast wireless charging stand from amazon.
I don't know if I would go out of my way to get a fast wireless charger.......any of the higher powered wireless chargers (10W) that I've tried get really REALLY warm. I'd be wary of using it every day to charge up my phone. I'm fine with the 5W one I have for overnight charging (and the one I have is an Anker than even has a cooling fan so it's always cool to the touch)
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)