Expired Hot Deals

Costco

OVE Andromelia 32 in x 24 in LED mirror dimmable $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2021 11:36 am
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2007
467 posts
259 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] OVE Andromelia 32 in x 24 in LED mirror dimmable $99.99

I first saw them three weeks ago but hesitated on buying them without running it by the wife first. Went back two days later and they were all sold out. Been looking for LED mirrors for a while now for a bathroom reno, so went back to Costco regularly to see if they got more. Sure enough, this week they appeared again in store, so I grabbed a couple. Maybe 10 left at the Brossard Costco. Usually LED mirrors will cost a couple hundred dollars or more for this size (32 x 24 inches) of mirror.

Installation was fairly easy if you’re comfortable with hardwiring fixtures. The anchors that came with the packaging are pure garbage. They indicate to have a 5/16 drill but for the pilot holes, but that was too big and the anchors don’t hold well. Made new pilot holes with a smaller drill bit (1/4) and tapped them in. After putting the mirror on, the anchors we’re sliding out again. Going to get better ones. Oh, and the screws for the included anchors are thin and will wiggle in the anchor. I would suggest replacing those too if you can’t drill in to studs. Also to watch out for is that the mounting brackets on the back of the mirror are not spaced to be centred on install, you’ll have to measure out the offset if you want to centre it to your sink or whatever.
Images
  • EAC15814-87B1-49C4-975F-C8ECE6417749.jpeg
  • BAA7425C-151C-44AA-9F9F-A9B70A48DE8A.jpeg
  • 2F607194-FFF2-403B-92F7-DFBF594ECE60.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 10th, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
74 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3652 posts
1801 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone seen these in Ottawa?
Newbie
Jan 10, 2016
8 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
shylok wrote: Anyone seen these in Ottawa?
Yes I saw these at Costco (Merivale/Hunt Club) on Tuesday they had 100+ units at the time.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3652 posts
1801 upvotes
Ottawa
TheTacoCorp wrote: Yes I saw these at Costco (Merivale/Hunt Club) on Tuesday they had 100+ units at the time.
You're a good man
Member
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
445 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
is there any way to set this so that the lights come on whenever the plug has power? when I tried the display model the little button has to be pressed for the light to come on which is annoying if I want to wire this into a light switch or something
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5508 posts
1706 upvotes
Kanata
Where are you guys going these days to buy a mirror..
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2007
467 posts
259 upvotes
Montreal
baseline wrote: is there any way to set this so that the lights come on whenever the plug has power? when I tried the display model the little button has to be pressed for the light to come on which is annoying if I want to wire this into a light switch or something
No, it won’t work. I tried it out of curiosity yesterday and the mirror will not light up automatically if the wall switch is turned on. I’m simply going to remove the switch and permanently connect the wires together so that it creates a continuous circuit. Doesn’t bother me at all that you need to touch the mirror to turn it on. I actually prefer it this way.
Member
Aug 25, 2011
276 posts
290 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Costco at Laird Rd (Mississauga) has only one floor model (shelf model) showing $99.99. I could not find any stock
Newbie
Apr 19, 2012
24 posts
30 upvotes
I had it installed about 6 weeks ago.
To add a couple of observations:
1. The lit up ring around the sensor button gives enough light to use the bathroom at night Smiling Face With Open Mouth
2. If you touch the sensor and hold it, the brightness level will change.
3. Fast touching the sensor will lit up the mirror with the brightness level previously selected.
4. Long touch - full brightness, which could be blinding.

Hope it helps
Sr. Member
Mar 18, 2008
598 posts
756 upvotes
Toronto
LeninKir wrote: I had it installed about 6 weeks ago.
To add a couple of observations:
1. The lit up ring around the sensor button gives enough light to use the bathroom at night Smiling Face With Open Mouth
2. If you touch the sensor and hold it, the brightness level will change.
3. Fast touching the sensor will lit up the mirror with the brightness level previously selected.
4. Long touch - full brightness, which could be blinding.

Hope it helps
Thanks for the insight. I’m curious about the wire itself

I assume you are expect to feed the wire through the wall to be plugged in if you want a clean look?
Member
Feb 11, 2009
314 posts
107 upvotes
damn i wanted something like this hard wired to a light switch instead of a vanity light.

This means that if i connect this to my vanity light switch. Once i flip it on, i would still have to use the touch button to turn on the LED?
Last edited by steph3n on Sep 11th, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2007
467 posts
259 upvotes
Montreal
typhooney wrote: I assume you are expect to feed the wire through the wall to be plugged in if you want a clean look?
There’s no plug. You have to hardwire it to a conduit box like any other light fixture.
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2007
467 posts
259 upvotes
Montreal
steph3n wrote: This means that if i connect this to my vanity light switch. Once i flip it on, i would still have to use the touch button to turn on the LED?
Yup, that’s right. Unless you get rid of the switch and use the button on the mirror exclusively.
Member
Feb 11, 2009
314 posts
107 upvotes
Does anyone know if we need an electrical box installed behind the miror or the miror frame itself acts as a box?

Instructions are a bit unclear.

Thanks
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2007
467 posts
259 upvotes
Montreal
steph3n wrote: Does anyone know if we need an electrical box installed behind the miror or the miror frame itself acts as a box?

Instructions are a bit unclear.

Thanks
You need an outlet box, like the ones where you would affix a light fixture to. The mirror has the standard black, white, and ground wires that you would connect to the house’s electrical wirings.
Member
May 25, 2008
311 posts
161 upvotes
Vancouver
Apologize if I sound ignorant, but does the bulb in these die or go bad? I'm just about to get a contractor to renovate my washroom and considered this mirror. Since I am not a good handyman, my worry is that a few years down the road and the bulbs burn out, I'll need to hire someone to fix the bulb in the mirror or replace the whole thing. I don't want to spend again. I don't foresee renovating the washroom again for another 30 years.
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2007
467 posts
259 upvotes
Montreal
mike74 wrote: Apologize if I sound ignorant, but does the bulb in these die or go bad? I'm just about to get a contractor to renovate my washroom and considered this mirror. Since I am not a good handyman, my worry is that a few years down the road and the bulbs burn out, I'll need to hire someone to fix the bulb in the mirror or replace the whole thing. I don't want to spend again. I don't foresee renovating the washroom again for another 30 years.
Hey Mike, no need to apologize! That’s why we’re here for! There isn’t really a “bulb” in this. It’s an LED light (probably a strip) that is integrated to the mirror. Since it’s LED it’ll probably last 10k hrs of use at the very least (I don’t see any usage time claim on the box though). Also, since it’s in your bathroom, it’s not going to be on all the time, probably for a few mins here and there, so the light in theory should last longer than your next reno!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2864 posts
1231 upvotes
Mississauga
I got 2 of these for an upcoming bathroom gut/reno.
These will be an additional source of light as we are putting in Potlights as well. Hence this saved us $$ as we are skipping the std vanity light over the mirror... this kills 2 birds.. mirror and light.

As an fyi.
I would not go by hrs on leds.. 99% of time when leds fail it's the driver circuit .. not the leds.. I bought 4 artika skykight from costco... 1 failed after 2 days... knock on wood the other so far are ok.
[OP]
Member
Mar 27, 2007
467 posts
259 upvotes
Montreal
There have been a few questions concerning the install, so I took a few pics while installing my second mirror today. As always when working with electricity, SHUT THE CIRCUIT BREAKER TO CUT THE POWER OFF TO THE OUTLET BEFORE WORKING ON IT!

Back of mirror:
37BCC74B-B6E7-461B-8C4F-3515F188E827.jpeg

Connection wires from mirror:
6BFECE82-1DA4-49E8-B9AF-258EF5DF434A.jpeg

Wall outlet:
0D0B5E51-B59C-4DD6-92AC-E920FC8302A4.jpeg

Wires connected to mirror:
E35607CF-FDFB-4A90-B3AF-0C127B2D0DD6.jpeg

Optional plate bought from hardware store: (just the OCD in me here)
C2876810-4AF3-4E93-962C-94FAB961944A.jpeg

Mounted mirrors:
B15844F3-947E-4AD6-B0AC-B2E2B7E8729E.jpeg
Sr. Member
Jun 14, 2011
605 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto
Tabooger wrote: Where are you guys going these days to buy a mirror..
HomeSense

Top