• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2020 12:13 pm
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
453 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] OVE Andromelia 32 in x 24 in LED mirror dimmable $99.99

I first saw them three weeks ago but hesitated on buying them without running it by the wife first. Went back two days later and they were all sold out. Been looking for LED mirrors for a while now for a bathroom reno, so went back to Costco regularly to see if they got more. Sure enough, this week they appeared again in store, so I grabbed a couple. Maybe 10 left at the Brossard Costco. Usually LED mirrors will cost a couple hundred dollars or more for this size (32 x 24 inches) of mirror.

Installation was fairly easy if you’re comfortable with hardwiring fixtures. The anchors that came with the packaging are pure garbage. They indicate to have a 5/16 drill but for the pilot holes, but that was too big and the anchors don’t hold well. Made new pilot holes with a smaller drill bit (1/4) and tapped them in. After putting the mirror on, the anchors we’re sliding out again. Going to get better ones. Oh, and the screws for the included anchors are thin and will wiggle in the anchor. I would suggest replacing those too if you can’t drill in to studs. Also to watch out for is that the mounting brackets on the back of the mirror are not spaced to be centred on install, you’ll have to measure out the offset if you want to centre it to your sink or whatever.
Images
  • EAC15814-87B1-49C4-975F-C8ECE6417749.jpeg
  • BAA7425C-151C-44AA-9F9F-A9B70A48DE8A.jpeg
  • 2F607194-FFF2-403B-92F7-DFBF594ECE60.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 10th, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
19 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3140 posts
1179 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone seen these in Ottawa?
Jan 10, 2016
8 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
shylok wrote: Anyone seen these in Ottawa?
Yes I saw these at Costco (Merivale/Hunt Club) on Tuesday they had 100+ units at the time.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3140 posts
1179 upvotes
Ottawa
TheTacoCorp wrote: Yes I saw these at Costco (Merivale/Hunt Club) on Tuesday they had 100+ units at the time.
You're a good man
Aug 29, 2001
415 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
is there any way to set this so that the lights come on whenever the plug has power? when I tried the display model the little button has to be pressed for the light to come on which is annoying if I want to wire this into a light switch or something
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5232 posts
1324 upvotes
Kanata
Where are you guys going these days to buy a mirror..
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
453 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal
baseline wrote: is there any way to set this so that the lights come on whenever the plug has power? when I tried the display model the little button has to be pressed for the light to come on which is annoying if I want to wire this into a light switch or something
No, it won’t work. I tried it out of curiosity yesterday and the mirror will not light up automatically if the wall switch is turned on. I’m simply going to remove the switch and permanently connect the wires together so that it creates a continuous circuit. Doesn’t bother me at all that you need to touch the mirror to turn it on. I actually prefer it this way.
Aug 25, 2011
135 posts
110 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Costco at Laird Rd (Mississauga) has only one floor model (shelf model) showing $99.99. I could not find any stock
Apr 19, 2012
17 posts
16 upvotes
I had it installed about 6 weeks ago.
To add a couple of observations:
1. The lit up ring around the sensor button gives enough light to use the bathroom at night Smiling Face With Open Mouth
2. If you touch the sensor and hold it, the brightness level will change.
3. Fast touching the sensor will lit up the mirror with the brightness level previously selected.
4. Long touch - full brightness, which could be blinding.

Hope it helps
Mar 18, 2008
492 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
LeninKir wrote: I had it installed about 6 weeks ago.
To add a couple of observations:
1. The lit up ring around the sensor button gives enough light to use the bathroom at night Smiling Face With Open Mouth
2. If you touch the sensor and hold it, the brightness level will change.
3. Fast touching the sensor will lit up the mirror with the brightness level previously selected.
4. Long touch - full brightness, which could be blinding.

Hope it helps
Thanks for the insight. I’m curious about the wire itself

I assume you are expect to feed the wire through the wall to be plugged in if you want a clean look?
Feb 11, 2009
238 posts
64 upvotes
damn i wanted something like this hard wired to a light switch instead of a vanity light.

This means that if i connect this to my vanity light switch. Once i flip it on, i would still have to use the touch button to turn on the LED?
Last edited by steph3n on Sep 11th, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
453 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal
typhooney wrote: I assume you are expect to feed the wire through the wall to be plugged in if you want a clean look?
There’s no plug. You have to hardwire it to a conduit box like any other light fixture.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
453 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal
steph3n wrote: This means that if i connect this to my vanity light switch. Once i flip it on, i would still have to use the touch button to turn on the LED?
Yup, that’s right. Unless you get rid of the switch and use the button on the mirror exclusively.
Feb 11, 2009
238 posts
64 upvotes
Does anyone know if we need an electrical box installed behind the miror or the miror frame itself acts as a box?

Instructions are a bit unclear.

Thanks
[OP]
Mar 27, 2007
453 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal
steph3n wrote: Does anyone know if we need an electrical box installed behind the miror or the miror frame itself acts as a box?

Instructions are a bit unclear.

Thanks
You need an outlet box, like the ones where you would affix a light fixture to. The mirror has the standard black, white, and ground wires that you would connect to the house’s electrical wirings.