• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 8:37 am
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2714 posts
920 upvotes
Markham
It's going to be shameful using it when you just can't "go"
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Aug 8, 2007
412 posts
259 upvotes
sonajatt wrote: Is this regular price?
I paid 599 at Toronto Business centre clearance last month
Costco business centre? I don’t recall seeing it there? Costco has a different model online but at $1299.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3369 posts
2622 upvotes
careh wrote: I bought a LG top load washer from Costco.ca 3 years ago. My expectation was that although the washer came with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty that was doubled to 2 years by Costco ... that if I had a problem with it at any time... I could complain to Costco and they would resolve the issue by repairing or replacing it. Well at year 3 a part failed and I got ... nothing... from Costco. So there goes that theory....
Actually you just didn't bother to read their policy.
You can't return major appliances as it's covered by their 90day return policy. Toilet seats aren't a major appliance

Look below
Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, major appliances*, projectors, computers, cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), camcorders, digital music players, tablets, smart watches, Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract) and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3369 posts
2622 upvotes
mummonth wrote: Isn't it considered as electronics with 90 days return policy?
Nope.

This is Costco's definition of electronics
Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, major appliances*, projectors, computers, cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), camcorders, digital music players, tablets, smart watches, Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract) and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.

Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2135 posts
676 upvotes
Mississauga
Hmm.. i have an order for Toto ultramax 2.. for almost this price.. and I still have to get a bidet seat... debating cancelling and pick this??
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8452 posts
4788 upvotes
Toronto
Wish bathrooms came with an outlet for these smart toilets / seats, would really encourage mass adoption. If not gotta install one, don't think extension cable is recommended.
Oct 27, 2011
113 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
I have a few of these in my house for over 5 years now thanks to my wife. different models too - some have built in water tank, other tankless. You get used to the automatic flashing, bidet and warm seats pretty quick to the point of when we travel I catch myself momentary thinking “what the hell??” when I get up and don’t hear the water running before realizing im not home and have to flash. Ove support has been excellent , probably the best I have seen in any product for a while. and you may need it in the long run- I replaced solenoids in one toilet (which was pretty easy to do) and a new motherboard is coming for another after a few rounds of troubleshooting. The second one still flashes when unplugged from AC , but doesn’t shut off the water when plugged in. I suspect one of the electrolytic capacitors are dead in its internal ac/dc converter which seem to be pretty ancient from the technology point of view - they used a transformer instead of the modern switching power converters. Also the seat heating element I think died for the first one as well- I don’t think they would send a new seat considering it’s over the warranty period and it doesn’t look easy to replace just the seat. My youngest kid told me that her friends all convinced that we are super rich because of the smart toilets in our house - I had a good chuckle about it when she told me.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1796 posts
183 upvotes
you can not use it if you have a power failure
this is valid for all brands Toto, Kohler, Ove and so on, so yes a regular toilet with bidet seat can be a better solution but yeah you wont get the design look
this is cheap for what you get
check the water pressure in your house too, you might need to install a water pressure reducer to have it work properly (valid for all brands)
And yes with some mods this can check your prostate also if you want
May 20, 2019
10 posts
5 upvotes
The water fountain feature is perfect for rehydration after a bad hangover.
Mar 4, 2016
29 posts
67 upvotes
pmdoit wrote: you can not use it if you have a power failure
this is valid for all brands Toto, Kohler, Ove and so on, so yes a regular toilet with bidet seat can be a better solution but yeah you wont get the design look
this is cheap for what you get
check the water pressure in your house too, you might need to install a water pressure reducer to have it work properly (valid for all brands)
And yes with some mods this can check your prostate also if you want
not quite true. Kohler smart toilets definitely have a manual flush button to get rid of waste hiding somewhere on the back of them. Naturally, you can't use the smart features in case of power failure, but the toilet still operates as a toilet.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1785 posts
1838 upvotes
Montreal
What is the OS version of this “smart toilet” ?
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1791 posts
1566 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wroom wrote: Probably gives you the trajectory, speed, velocity and mass real time when you go. I'd expect nothing less for the price
Would love to see the stats of Harry Dunne from Dumb and Dumber.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1119 posts
302 upvotes
Winnipeg
StatsGuy wrote: Actually you just didn't bother to read their policy.
You can't return major appliances as it's covered by their 90day return policy. Toilet seats aren't a major appliance

Look below
I was not looking to return it - but had expected Costco to cover the cost of repairing it... because of the 'unwritten lifetime warranty' they are supposed to have on products they sell .... as in a coffee maker that craps out after 4 years...or a pair of pants that rips after 2 years ... and the story goes that you just bring it in - say you are not satisfied - and they give you a store credit...

But I was proved wrong.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11505 posts
6028 upvotes
Brampton
"Automatic Odor Filter"

Challenge Accepted.