Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] OVE smart toilet $779.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 8:37 am
Jun 9, 2015
839 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does it have memory seat options like my car? Press#1 and get lumbar support?
Aug 8, 2020
88 posts
39 upvotes
majikstic wrote: Looked at the title quickly and thought I saw OVO smart toilet.... And was like damn, Drake has quite the empire!
Same, I was like Drake's throne deal.
Penalty Box
Dec 28, 2004
817 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal
I've installed many American Standard Cadet 3 toilets. Flush is as strong as TOTO for cheaper. On sale at 158$ often at Home Depot with soft close seat
Nov 6, 2009
984 posts
184 upvotes
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Costco business centre? I don’t recall seeing it there? Costco has a different model online but at $1299.
Yes
Oct 17, 2006
225 posts
11 upvotes
pmdoit wrote: You have a manual flush button on the seat itself and also for some washlet features but the toilet has a power assist flush with selenoid valve so it wont flush without power this is valid for all tankless toilets
Not true for all. Most (if not all) have some power backup. This Ove model uses a 9v backup battery.
I used to have a Toto G500, and in addition to a battery backup, it actually had a pull cord you can use to manually flush. It was tucked away in the side compartment that's easily accessible.
All this stuff is in the manual, but since most people just get these toilets professionally installed, they don't read up on all the functionality.
Jan 11, 2011
64 posts
58 upvotes
Markham
netforce85 wrote: Not true for all. Most (if not all) have some power backup. This Ove model uses a 9v backup battery.
I used to have a Toto G500, and in addition to a battery backup, it actually had a pull cord you can use to manually flush. It was tucked away in the side compartment that's easily accessible.
All this stuff is in the manual, but since most people just get these toilets professionally installed, they don't read up on all the functionality.
I also have a Toto G500 unit but recently is leaking inside the bidet Top Unit. I suppose I got my moneys worth because I had it for 10 years or so. Not sure if I should have TOTO send a technician repair the unit or try this OVE unit to replace it.
Oct 17, 2006
225 posts
11 upvotes
vtsui1981 wrote: I also have a Toto G500 unit but recently is leaking inside the bidet Top Unit. I suppose I got my moneys worth because I had it for 10 years or so. Not sure if I should have TOTO send a technician repair the unit or try this OVE unit to replace it.
That's a tough one. If you are comfortable enough to open the unit and investigate the cause of the leak... it might be just a worn gasket somewhere. If it's anything more complex than that, this OVE unit will be the cheaper option for sure. Replacing the whole top unit on the G500 will cost upwards of 2k.
Jan 11, 2011
64 posts
58 upvotes
Markham
netforce85 wrote: That's a tough one. If you are comfortable enough to open the unit and investigate the cause of the leak... it might be just a worn gasket somewhere. If it's anything more complex than that, this OVE unit will be the cheaper option for sure. Replacing the whole top unit on the G500 will cost upwards of 2k.
I originally thought it was the drain plug and the "O" ring that gone bad, TOTO was kind enough to ship me a replacement. But its still leaking, so I think the somewhere inside the plastic internal cracked over time. And obviously being an older model it will be hard to find a replacement for the Top Unit. How do you like the OVE smart toilet so far?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2209 posts
1687 upvotes
Montreal, QC
careh wrote: I bought a LG top load washer from Costco.ca 3 years ago. My expectation was that although the washer came with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty that was doubled to 2 years by Costco ... that if I had a problem with it at any time... I could complain to Costco and they would resolve the issue by repairing or replacing it. Well at year 3 a part failed and I got ... nothing... from Costco. So there goes that theory....
So what part of the 2 year costco extended warranty did they not honor ? You got 2 years, and the issue occurred on year 3 (past their promise). Did you expect a lifetime warranty ? If you wanted a longer extended warranty, they you should have picked one up. They are quite reasonable, considering the current repair costs of some appliances. Don't blame costco for a failed appliance. They can't guarantee it forever.

When I had bought an LG front loader 15 years ago, from Corbeil, I picked up the floor model (it's not like anyone had done a load or anything). In exchange for buying the floor model, they offered me at no extra cost, a 5 yr extended warranty, once the 1st year manufacturer warranty had expired. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but man, that was the best thing they ever gave me. I used it at least 5 times (they replaced drain pump, HAL sensor, rubber gasket, main computer module, etc...). This was one of the first front loaders models LG had sold in North america, so I expected issues, but not that many. However after the warranty expired, I have not had any major issues (I guess they replaced with upgraded OEM parts). Actually earlier this year was the first major repair I had to do since the warranty was up, and that was the bearings :( I replaced them myself, and what a pain it was. But now the unit is super silent again.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2209 posts
1687 upvotes
Montreal, QC
vazilioz wrote: I've installed many American Standard Cadet 3 toilets. Flush is as strong as TOTO for cheaper. On sale at 158$ often at Home Depot with soft close seat
I had originally went with a Kohler toilet when I did my main bathroom toilet, and loved it. However, when I reno'd my onsuite bathroom, I installed one of the Cadet 3 units and in my opinion you CAN'T find a better toilet at a better price. It has one of the best and most efficient flushes around (excluding the pressurized units). I installed the same in my basement washroom. You would have a hard time to block this toilet. In over 4 years, I have yet to need a plunger for this units.

Just keep in mind that they do have the occasional QC issues. On "some" Cadet3 toilets, the glazing on the inside path is not done properly. A buddy of mine bought a dozen of them for an appt building he was updating, and 2 of the dozen units he bought, had that issue, and it would certainly affect the flushing performance. Had no issue exchanging them at HD however.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1798 posts
186 upvotes
netforce85 wrote: Not true for all. Most (if not all) have some power backup. This Ove model uses a 9v backup battery.
I know what you say but there are a few steps to do for manual flush with the cord, and even more with the battery back up that you need to install when there is a power outage and remove them when the power is back, anyway it's there so yes you can flush manually but it's not so convenient. The easiest way is to flush with a bucket
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1798 posts
186 upvotes
vazilioz wrote: I've installed many American Standard Cadet 3 toilets. Flush is as strong as TOTO for cheaper. On sale at 158$ often at Home Depot with soft close seat
The best toilet for the money
Aug 6, 2015
20 posts
6 upvotes
No stock in Ottawa area but the costco employee indicated it's a new item, so stock should be coming in soon