Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Panasonic Deluxe FlashXpress Dual Infrared Toaster Oven $129.99 at Costco.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2019 11:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1497 posts
439 upvotes

[Costco] Panasonic Deluxe FlashXpress Dual Infrared Toaster Oven $129.99 at Costco.ca

This looks like a warm deal for a very well-reviewed toaster oven! It looks like Amazon.ca is matching this price right now but I bought one on Costco.ca (I called the Costco in Kitchener and they do not have this item in stock for cash and carry) because even though the item would get to me faster with Amazon, Costco's warranty and return policy destroys Amazon's and having to mail it back to Panasonic at my cost and then having to wait for weeks to get it fixed sounds like an expensive, frustrating experience to me. It is on sale for $139 at Best Buy Canada right now and it costs 169.99 USD at Amazon.com. It is that price on Pansonic's US site as well.

3x camel says this is one of the lowest prices it has been (it was lower in 2014 I believe by 10 bucks).

We are intending to replace a large toaster oven and a toaster with this appliance. It is smaller than the toaster oven but better in every other way it appears. We also bought an air fryer recently and really like it, as a bit of an aside. :) I would have posted that deal as well but I was camping when I saw the deal on BB's website for small appliances. We bought the Insignia 5.5L Air Fryer for about 47% off, it was a one day sale only but I am sure BB will bring it on sale again and if you check now and then you will snag one.

I have to step out so I don't have time to include reviews but they are very positive by critical reviewers and user reviews are almost all positive with some wishing it was a bit bigger, that you could put a plate in it (!!?!!) and that some units have failed or fail to work as well as they did when they bought it.

Edit: This roundup of the best toaster ovens says that it isn't really a toaster oven in the sense that you cook meals with it but that it is awesome for reheating, thawing and some other tasks.

We don't make meals with our current toaster oven so we are fine with that. If you do, this toaster oven might be a better sidekick to yours or used to replace a toaster and/or reduce microwave usage.
Last edited by feminazi on Aug 14th, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2013 posts
454 upvotes
I always talk myself out of getting one whenever they go on sale. I've used one and it's amazing but it's ridiculously tiny...
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1410 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Fantastic toaster but on the small side. Don't expect to put whole chickens or large lasagnas in it.
Jun 1, 2019
3 posts
6 upvotes
I have one of these, and I absolutely love it. Reheats pizza better than anything I've ever had. Also toasts evenly and quickly.

As other have noted, the only downside is that it's small. However, if counter space is at a premium for you, this is actually a positive.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1497 posts
439 upvotes
Does Panasonic make a larger version of this toaster oven? It sounds like it would sell very well!!

It would be awesome to be able to put whole chickens and suppers for a family in it but given how small it is, it seems like it isn't big enough to cook for four people, does it?

We can use the air fryer and this together I guess to make a meal but that doesn't work for some meals . . .

Edit: wow, I just measured the Oster toaster oven we have now and it is almost 18 inches wide . . .it is quite large, clearly HUGE compared to this unit . . .
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1345 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
When my fingers are cold I put them in for bheat
Oct 22, 2011
167 posts
205 upvotes
Can vouch... Had mine since like 2006 still use it several times a week.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1620 posts
246 upvotes
danned wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 4:20 pm
When my fingers are cold I put them in for bheat
Bonus, it’ll cook the outside AND inside of your fingers!!
adamm
Feb 24, 2009
566 posts
174 upvotes
I got this as a gift last year from my sister who owned one already and it's a really good toaster oven, it's not very large but it's pretty awesome for the size
Dec 11, 2007
256 posts
87 upvotes
I bought mine from Costco last week too
Mar 31, 2010
248 posts
119 upvotes
just returned mine a couple days ago. Too small. won't fit a frozen pizza (12" ones) .
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1497 posts
439 upvotes
DCanadaS wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 5:38 pm
does this replace the microwave?!
Apparently it isn't as fast as a microwave but it does a much better job of reheating and cooking and it is much faster than a traditional toaster oven.

As plenty of people have mentioned, it is small so you shouldn't expect to be able to make meals for a family in it and it is probably best to not even think of it as a traditional toaster oven. I have read that it is exceptional in some ways though! Some people with lots of counter space might benefit from having this appliance in addition to their traditional toaster oven.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20096 posts
1992 upvotes
YUL
DCanadaS wrote: does this replace the microwave?!
No.

We use it every day for 4 toasts at a time. I have a family of 6 and it works great for us.
Instant heat so no preheating necessary. It’s wonderful.