Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Panasonic Eneloop 16 AA Batteries $44.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 5:16 pm
Jun 20, 2017
79 posts
26 upvotes
I also had these in 2012 when nxix were selling them for $20 at ncix for a pack of 10, 8 AA and 2 AAA. Great batteries, lasts a long time
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1258 posts
125 upvotes
Lévis
boomsly wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 10:01 pm
Yes, I guess they're not Panasonic, forgot they had a name change, they have Sanyo on them and are actually stamped '06 for 2006, I bought them in '07 though. I attached a couple pictures, tried to get the 06, not sure if it turned out.

11 years old and still working. I also have not been easy on them, originally bought for use mostly in Xbox 360 controllers now being used mostly in Xbox one controllers and my wireless keyboard, I actually pulled this out of my wireless keyboard to take the pictures.

If that doesn't sell you on these, I don't know what will.

If only Duracells could last a fraction of the length of time, just recycled some Duracell D batteries that were dated good until 2023, unused and useless. Thanks to corrosion/rust. Was unaware batteries rusted in climate controlled environments.
Ok your first message made me think they were "already" not in a good shape. That wasn't what I observe with mines but I'm not a reference.

But I understand now that there's still usable and it's good news!
Pourquoi pas?
Sep 15, 2015
480 posts
376 upvotes
Abbotsford
Just to be clear this is not a hot deal.
Ikea Ladda batteries are $35.96 for 16 AA batteries. Almost $10 cheaper than this "hot deal"
Jul 13, 2007
218 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
You can also price match with Memory Express if you live in the west and pickup in store to avoid shipping.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX53294
WHITEMARKET wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 8:59 am
I'd agree with

and right now there's a decent deal at CC for a BC-CC17 + 4xAA : http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=073706

Aside from the slow but safe charging, it has individual battery slots (you don't need to charge them in pairs) which is (or was) rare on budget chargers.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2307 posts
819 upvotes
Victoria
DanielM491 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 6:08 pm
Ikea Ladda batteries are $35.96 for 16 AA batteries. Almost $10 cheaper than this "hot deal"
I wish RFD hadn't removed the thumbs down button. Of course it's a hot deal, especially since not everyone lives near an IKEA.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3441 posts
1254 upvotes
DanielM491 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 6:08 pm
The Ladda are also higher capacity.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1641 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
Other brands could be worst or better. If anyone can find a better deal for the exact same brand, please let us know.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2017
23 posts
57 upvotes
For those of you looking for Eneloop rechargeable batteries.

I ordered the 12 pack AAA Eneloop batteries from Costco yesterday and they were delivered this afternoon (Calgary). Shipping was free. Not sure if I got free shipping because I have an Executive Membership or whether everyone would get free shipping.

The AAA batteries I received are Generation 4, Made in Japan, Panasonic Eneloop BK-4MCCA. I don't know if all Eneloops are still "Made in Japan" or whether some are made in other countries.

I did "not" order any AA batteries.

All my Sanyo AA Eneloop batteries are first Generation HR-3UTG. I haven't bought any AA rechargeables in quite awhile. I roughly estimate that 80% of my first Generation AA Eneloops are still working.

For me, the AAA Eneloops are ideal. I use four AAA batteries at a time on my Diamond headlamp and keep a spare set of four, fully charged as a backup. I might go for several months without using my headlamp and then go for several weeks when I would use the headlamp daily. Having batteries that keep their charge is important to me. Having a high refresh rate isn't important for my use. Having a fast refresh rate is more important for those using their batteries on camera flashes.
Sep 9, 2014
349 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thank you OP.

I've been contemplating for 3 days.

Bought:
- Charger kit + 10AA + 4AAA
- 16AA pack
- 12AAA pack
Jan 10, 2005
371 posts
104 upvotes
Bleutea wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 10:27 pm
Anyone recommended another charger for these?
I use an Xstar VC4. I saw someone recommend a Nitecore D4, which is also a good choice. Do yourselvef a favour, if you are going to invest in some good rechargeable cells, get one of these chargers. Last thing you want to use is a cheapo charger that comes "free" with rechargeable cell packages. Most of those will overcharge and overheat your cells, and lead to premature cell death.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1300 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
How do you know if the battery is dead or near dead. I have had my Eneloops for (10?) years and they still seem to be going strong.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2307 posts
819 upvotes
Victoria
MANGLER wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 9:28 am
Do yourselvef a favour, if you are going to invest in some good rechargeable cells, get one of these chargers. Last thing you want to use is a cheapo charger that comes "free" with rechargeable cell packages. Most of those will overcharge and overheat your cells, and lead to premature cell death.
Oh really?

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best- ... y-charger/
Underneath the hood, it uses the more sophisticated techniques of expensive chargers to avoid undercharged batteries that discharge quickly or overcharged batteries that will end up with a shorter service life (and will become unusable sooner). It will charge your batteries at a gentle 300 mA to preserve capacity and will automatically terminate the charge when it detects that your batteries are full–about seven hours for a typical NiMH AA battery.
Apr 11, 2012
317 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
eugene188 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 5:17 pm
That is quite a bit more expensive.
@ costco $44.99 for 16 = $2.79 each
@amazon $18.77 for 4 = $4.69 each

my problem, is I don't need 16 batteries!
That's exactly I am trying to say here. I don't need 16 so I settled for 4 which solve my purpose.