Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Panasonic® KX-TG175C DECT 6.0 Digital Phone System - $144.43 all-in $125.59 pre-tax/eco fee (in store) $25 off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2022 12:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1607 posts
1518 upvotes
Moncton

[Costco] Panasonic® KX-TG175C DECT 6.0 Digital Phone System - $144.43 all-in $125.59 pre-tax/eco fee (in store) $25 off

5 phone cordless landline phone system. Normally priced around $150, but discounted this week (-$25).

We've been using an earlier version of this for 12+ years and only recently had one of the handsets start having intermittent display problems so we've been keeping our eyes open for the set to go on sale.

Not sure if there's any online stock, but Moncton certainly had quite a few units left when I bought a set tonight.

Edit: Brainfart.... yes it is normally around $150 and the $144.43 I paid was taxes in after the discount was applied

Listed price is what I was charged at the cash after the discount was applied.
Last edited by sswilson on Nov 29th, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
57 replies
Nov 9, 2014
771 posts
778 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
If you don't mind a used phone system, you can find the old school POTS phone for sale at thrift stores for $5-$10 easy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1607 posts
1518 upvotes
Moncton
redmondflagger wrote: If you don't mind a used phone system, you can find the old school POTS phone for sale at thrift stores for $5-$10 easy.
Which wouldn't be a home wide 5 phone cordless system w/ answering machine, and the ability to slave 2 different cell phones into it.

I get that many folks don't have a use for landlines these days, but many of us still use them.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2641 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
sswilson wrote: Which wouldn't be a home wide 5 phone cordless system w/ answering machine, and the ability to slave 2 different cell phones into it.

I get that many folks don't have a use for landlines these days, but many of us still use them.
One could still argue in getting used or new old stock of panasonic's older phones because they work when there is a power outage. They had it where the base was still wired but all the other ones were wireless. But of course it depends where one lives, in toronto, black outs are pretty common through out the summer where as they happen once in a while in the winter.
Feb 2, 2010
101 posts
428 upvotes
redmondflagger wrote: If you don't mind a used phone system, you can find the old school POTS phone for sale at thrift stores for $5-$10 easy.
Hard to compare a questionable used grimy cordless phone with likely a dead battery to this.

And this paired with an VoIP ATA, you have a perfectly fine home phone system for the price of a coffee per month.

Good find op.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6887 posts
1129 upvotes
Ottawa
I still have an old panasonic set, but only 2 handset, don't know if there is anyway to expand it, as if I upgrade, the old ones are basically a waste now.
Mar 24, 2019
272 posts
437 upvotes
Anyone know if this set has multi line (like for rollover)?

Sold out online. I will call tomorrow to check GTA. Thanks for the post!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2199 posts
2210 upvotes
Montreal
Is this an Android ?? ☎️ Face With Tears Of Joy Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by Bessem on Nov 29th, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Mar 19, 2020
92 posts
108 upvotes
FrugalFruge wrote: Hard to compare a questionable used grimy cordless phone with likely a dead battery to this.

And this paired with an VoIP ATA, you have a perfectly fine home phone system for the price of a coffee per month.

Good find op.
Any recommendations on a service for canada im in quebec if that matters TIA
Nov 9, 2020
403 posts
753 upvotes
Maple
Of everything that's at the Costco warehouse I find that this specific item is the one that never seems to sell too much and still stays on shelves for the longest time. I wonder how Costco makes money off these items.
Do you need it or do you want it?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4001 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto
sswilson wrote: Which wouldn't be a home wide 5 phone cordless system w/ answering machine, and the ability to slave 2 different cell phones into it.

Recently got my parents off their ridiculously high landline by porting out their home number to a cell plan for half the cost of what they were paying, paired it with this so they kept the functionality of the landline they're used to.
Dec 14, 2004
939 posts
212 upvotes
Waterloo
WMPCOT wrote: Recently got my parents off their ridiculously high landline by porting out their home number to a cell plan for half the cost of what they were paying, paired it with this so they kept the functionality of the landline they're used to.
This is exactly what I did for my parents last year. It works well even though I would say the voice quality isn’t the best. Still, it works great for them.
Aug 25, 2008
783 posts
604 upvotes
Pricehunter1 wrote: Any recommendations on a service for canada im in quebec if that matters TIA
We like 1-VoIP. Tons of features, unlimited calling and US & Canada long distance. Free ATA. Around $12 / month tax in. Excellent customer service.
RFD deals:
Koodo $39 / 13 GB | PM $27 / 20 GB
TCL 65R617 $625
Viewsonic VX3268 32 Inch 144Hz 1ms Monitor $280
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1607 posts
1518 upvotes
Moncton
rivet wrote: I still have an old panasonic set, but only 2 handset, don't know if there is anyway to expand it, as if I upgrade, the old ones are basically a waste now.
Don't know for sure with your model, but current ones have the option to "register" new handsets in the initial setup menu. I registered one of our older handsets last night so now we've got a 6 phone system instead of a 5.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1607 posts
1518 upvotes
Moncton
Bessem wrote: Is this an Android phone ?? ☎️
No.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2449 posts
870 upvotes
Some will find a use for this but it does not make sense to spend $150 for this today. Like looking to buy a 5-year-old SAMSUNG model because it still has a memory card slot, it does not make sense.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6887 posts
1129 upvotes
Ottawa
andreid wrote: Some will find a use for this but it does not make sense to spend $150 for this today. Like looking to buy a 5-year-old SAMSUNG model because it still has a memory card slot, it does not make sense.
Why, what is the alternative, you mean use cellphone? Sometimes we don’t want to give out cell phone number to everything, good to have a landline with voicemail
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2770 posts
1918 upvotes
London
dealo'day wrote: One could still argue in getting used or new old stock of panasonic's older phones because they work when there is a power outage. They had it where the base was still wired but all the other ones were wireless.
Everyone with POTS should have at least one "dumb" phone that requires no additional power.
That is part of basic emergency preparedness recommendations.
It will work long after cel phones and cel site batteries die.
The great east coast blackout was a real world example.

However, to compare the OP's deal to a basic thrift shop POTS phone is ludicrous.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1301 posts
1474 upvotes
Toronto
WMPCOT wrote: Recently got my parents off their ridiculously high landline by porting out their home number to a cell plan for half the cost of what they were paying, paired it with this so they kept the functionality of the landline they're used to.
My parents have been using voip.ms for 6 yrs with their Panasonic cordless phone (2x) and it's been great. Only issue was when voip.ms was DDoS attacked last year and they had no phone for about a week or so. I was just about to switch them over to celluar homephone but voip.ms put in a fix just on time.

The voice quality from voip.ms is better then celluar homephone if that is important to you. Setup with celluar homephone is much easier (just plug and play) whereas voip.ms is complicated for the technically challenged.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)