• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2021 8:47 pm
[OP]
Mar 16, 2015
64 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] Panasonic Massage Chair EP-MAG3 $4999 saving $2000 in Calgary store

I saw this in the Calgary SE store and looks like this ends Juen 6 but move to Calgary east store.
https://www.costco.ca/special-events.html

Can't find much information on the website. The salesperson told me the special is only available in the store.

I been looking for a massage chair and very interested in this deal but the price is still very high!

Does anyone have experience with Costco's massage chair or Panasonic massage chair before?
Images
  • IMG_3308.jpg
  • IMG_3310.jpg
  • IMG_3306.jpg
31 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3760 posts
5314 upvotes
SamSonRFD wrote: I saw this in the Calgary SE store and looks like this ends Juen 6 but move to Calgary east store.
https://www.costco.ca/special-events.html

Can't find much information on the website. The salesperson told me the special is only available in the store.

I been looking for a massage chair and very interested in this deal but the price is still very high!

Does anyone have experience with Costco's massage chair or Panasonic massage chair before?
Panasonic massage chairs are really good and have been making massage chairs for many many years now. I bought a Panasonic MA70 over 10 years ago and still working. If there is a demo, you should give it a try.

You should also compare the prices from panasonic directly:
https://shopping.panasonic.ca/products/ ... a5&lang=en
Aug 6, 2008
21 posts
Calgary
I ended up buying this chair from Costco. The MAG3 is the same as the MA73 (both model numbers are shown on the instructions manual that came with the chair). If you’re still looking, I believe the they are still selling them for $5k at the Balzac Costco until July 4th.
Jul 7, 2011
473 posts
197 upvotes
I’ll vouch for these Panasonic chairs. Out of the dozens I tried out there the model I have (ma73) wasn't painful and felt more organic… if you’ve tried massage chairs some can feel mechanical. if both are same specs (remote is the same/looks similar)I’m I’d assume they run similar. Best advice would be to give it a try.
Jun 3, 2004
945 posts
908 upvotes
The MAG3 is amaaaaazing for back pain. I have an Osaki 4000xt - it's not even close.

No L-track though.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3760 posts
5314 upvotes
Panasonic chairs are good, especially their topline.
5k is a very good price for ma73.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1292 posts
870 upvotes
canada
Save ur money. Non brand name ones sell at auctions for $750

Wholesalers sell them for $1200$-1800

They all feel the same.

Some clowns sell osim ones for $7500-$10,000 in malls to sheep. Don’t be played.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2004
1566 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I think we paid $5K or $6K for the MA-73 at the Home Show and took delivery about 2-years ago. No problems and it looks like new.

My wife wasn't really onboard but the kids and I really wanted it. We love the thing to death. If I've been away from home for a while, one of the first things I do is hop in the chair. It gets WAY more use than we ever expected. With the back pad in place, the chair is comfortable enough to curl up in and sleep. Come to think of it, I am going to go for a massage right now.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7176 posts
1664 upvotes
We have the Panasonic MA-70 for like 7 years now, very nice chair which I use almost everyday. It's worth the premium over those cheap brands. We paid almost the same price back then. The only wish I have is to have better foot massage (instead of just using air bags).
Jun 6, 2009
670 posts
233 upvotes
DroNBA wrote: Save ur money. Non brand name ones sell at auctions for $750

They all feel the same.

Some clowns sell osim ones for $7500-$10,000 in malls to sheep. Don’t be played.
Any suggestions on where to buy them wholesale at $1200-1800 and which model/brand?

I was almost a sheep according to you LOL.
Jun 3, 2004
945 posts
908 upvotes
DroNBA wrote: Save ur money. Non brand name ones sell at auctions for $750

They all feel the same.

Have you sat in this particular model? The back massage is light years better.
Aug 23, 2005
799 posts
54 upvotes
I want L track, and foot rollers. You would trade your osaki for this Panasonic???
bluegreenshxt wrote: The MAG3 is amaaaaazing for back pain. I have an Osaki 4000xt - it's not even close.

No L-track though.
-

-
Jun 3, 2004
945 posts
908 upvotes
deeewreck wrote: I want L track, and foot rollers. You would trade your osaki for this Panasonic???
Oh absolutely !! The Osaki does a really mediocre job on glutes so the L-track really doesn't do too much for me. It's relatively easy or inexpensive to get a separate foot massager but the MAG3 isn't too bad - it feels like someone's poking your feet (in a good way) but in the same-ish spot.

Edit: my parents have the Panny and I've spent ~2 hours in it (and countless on the Osaki LOL :P)
Jan 14, 2017
74 posts
55 upvotes
Does anyone know the differences between the MAG3 and the MA73?
Tried googling and can't find much.
On the Canadian panasonic sites, the MA73 is $9250 and the MAG3 is $6500. That's a huge difference in price. The operating manual does show both models, but they can be same model with different trims and options.
Jun 6, 2009
670 posts
233 upvotes
I had the Osaka 4000 and actually recently sold it because I didn't find it was that great, but it was significantly less money than 5k.

Do you think this one from costco (MAG3/MA-73) is worth the premium? Wondering if you tried other brands, I was considering OSIM
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1079 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
Venngo/Panasonic is selling EP-MAG3K/EP-MAG3T for $5060+tax at the moment.
Aug 23, 2005
799 posts
54 upvotes
Anyone have experienced Panasonic versus trumedic chairs , I still see deals on the relaxacare website.
-

-
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1058 posts
1349 upvotes
Toronto
I've had my Panasonic Real Pro Ultra (I think it's the EP30004?) from 14+ years ago and it still looks new. I remember it was the MIJ model then, and about $1,500 more than its MIC counterpart. At the time it offered a 5 year warranty if I remember correctly vs the 1 year for the other model. I had my eye on it for years before biting the bullet and don't regret it one bit. I still use it twice a day LOL.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2629 posts
1060 upvotes
I've always wanted one of these but the prices are outrageous. If I get an actual massage from a qualified therapist twice a month for two years it's less than the cost of these chairs, and is covered by health insurance. I really wish I could justify it but the original price of $7k was offensive and $5k is still outrageous.

Maybe one day these will come down in price enough to make sense.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)